• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

My Z1 maiden voyage to girdwood pics!

CruisingRam

Moto(s)
Several
May 18th- I took the Z1 for it's longest ride to date, like since 1989! About a 200 mile "shakedown" cruise- my woman rode on my buddies Valkryie and took shots- this is the ride to Girdwood, Alaska, possibly one of the most beautiful rides on the planet- she took great shots, at random, and believe it or not, some of them STILL don't do the beauty justice! This is the most popular Alaskan ride for most bikers- a tradition if you will!

D2sridetoGirdwood18May070141000.jpg

D2sridetoGirdwood18May070131000.jpg

D2sridetoGirdwood18May070121000.jpg

D2sridetoGirdwood18May070111000.jpg

IMG

Last bit for now- more to shrink and post later!
D2sridetoGirdwood18May070311000.jpg

Me and my woman strike a pose

D2sridetoGirdwood18May070301000.jpg

D2sridetoGirdwood18May070291000.jpg

D2sridetoGirdwood18May070261000.jpg

Favorite hiking and getting stoned rock for many Alaskans!

D2sridetoGirdwood18May070271000.jpg

It is a road like a motogp track- Euro one that is- very high speed, killer sweepers high speed sweepers, nice passing lane, great visibilities- almost no blind corners anymore. Crossing the DY makes you a uber-squid- there is just no reason to do so.

We always run it on low traffic times- and it is pretty easy to figure out when those times are.

To me- it is one of the greatest runs ever.

Girdwood is beautiful. I once rented a cabin near the Alyeska with some friends while up for the Marathon in June. Great views, great roads, wished I had my bike with me at the time. Great pics, looks like you had a good time.

Craig

Aegon said:
Where is the shot where 20 cars are stuck behind a motorhome?

Oh, you go at low traffic times. :)

There is a law- enforced now- more than 5 cars behind you- you don't pull over- 200 dollar fine- on top of that- they made several passing lane places now too.

They fixed the worst place first- the place where everyone died- has a passing lane and amazing 100+mph sweepers!

Back