• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The Craig Hightower Memorial Ride

masameet

Rawr!
Moto(s)
The kind that bounces back upright!
If any BARFers/BARFettes are interested, Craig's GF, Laurel, wants to do Craig's favorite bakery run -- the Tomales Bay Bakery ride -- on Saturday, September 1.

Meeting place: the Park n' Ride off of Lucas Valley Road (east of 101) in San Rafael
Meet time: 8:00 a.m.
Clutches out: 8:30 a.m.

Laurel will call the bakery a few days in advance, to give the folks there an idea of how much more to bake. So if you are riding, please so indicate here. She will also hand out printed route sheets and maps at the start of the meet.

I'm not a morning person but I'll do my bestest to make this ride. Don't know if there'll be another ride in October. And yes, the bakery confirmed that it will be open during the Labor Day weekend.

I will be there as well, as I will be in the Bay area for the coming week. Craig was a friend, and a valued and respected member of our community.

I'll also be taking pictures for CityBike while there, and will probably write a ride report about the ride, Craig, memories and tributes, etc.

I hate getting together because we are putting another friend in the ground. But I know Craig would want us out enjoying riding and NorCal, just like he did.

good idea

I will be there if my previous labor day plans fall thru, if not, then I'll be there in spirit. Craig was a rider's rider.

ill likely go

3360858-craig.jpg

I am planning on joining the ride.

I'm in.
May start from the Alameda gathering point, if one is made.

I'll likely be there. Anyone from the Sac Valley/North Valley area interested in riding? Please PM.

Alameda start point?

Razel said:
I'm in.
May start from the Alameda gathering point, if one is made.

Has an Alameda starting point been set up?

-michele

I mean no offense but can somebody please post a little about Craig so that those of us who were not fortunate enough to have met him can learn a little bit about him.

Any north CoCoCo riders want to meet up and ride up together? We could even try coordinating hitting the SR Bridge with the riders coming from Alameda.

I guess a good meet time would be btwn 7:20 and 7:40 a.m. somewhere along 80. I'm thinking 80 to Richmond Pwy to SR Bridge to 101.

And Jake, if riding down early from the Sacto area is a bit much, you're welcome to stay overnight at my place, which is basically a straight shot down 80 to 680.

Re: Re: Alameda start point?

Originally posted by Hooli
Originally posted by 88tbone
Has an Alameda starting point been set up?

-michele
I wonder too. If so I can leave from there.
I'm meeting one other rider at Starbucks, corner of Webster and Atlantic (720 Atlantic) in Alameda, between 7:30 and 7:45. Figure 25 minute ride, so will be leaving at 7:45 AM Saturday, Sept. 1st.

Would've offered a location sooner, but I'm clueless about Alameda.

Re: Re: Alameda start point?

Hooli said:
I wonder too. If so I can leave from there.

A few of us are meeting up at the Starbucks on Atlantic and Webster

Depart 7:30-7:45

Very nice ride, and great turnout! Thanks for organizing.

Back