• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

RIP Maggie Smith

:rip Maggie

One of those familiar faces who if you showed me I could not name, but would know she was a player on the screen.

Iā€™ve loved her in everything Iā€™ve ever seen her in. Her obituary in the NYT listed some stuff Iā€™ve never seen, and it promptly went on my watch list. She was the very best part of Downton Abbey for me.

I find that I need to check the calendar on my phone to determine what day it is.

ā€œTorma means ā€œoffering cake.ā€ You offer the torma to your don. You feed the ghost that does you harm, ā€œthat which possesses you.ā€ Giving it a little something sweet is a way of saying, Thank you for the pain you caused me, because that pain woke me up. It hurt enough to make me change. ā€œWish for more pain,ā€ a friendā€™s therapist once told her, ā€œbecause thatā€™s how youā€™ll change.ā€ It has to hurt so much that you have to do something differently. The pain forces your hand.ā€ ā€• Maggie Smith, You Could Make This Place Beautiful

the woman was a force of nature.

:rose :rose :rose

Back