• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Motoczysz

greggargubby

Back For More
Moto(s)
Yellow Wing
Name
Greggar
i don't know anything about it other than it cost a fortune. or so i've been told. and i'm apparently too lazy to do some research. it was at PIR for the last couple days for testing, but it didn't get much track time. it did late today, and (the story goes) promptly blew up, leaving more than a bit of oil behind. a high-side soon followed. sorry i don't have better shots; i was there for other stuff and had the wrong lens as a result.

edit: note the right rear set. huh?

DSC_0011edited.jpg

DSC_0012edited.jpg

DSC_0013edited.jpg

DSC_0253edited.jpg

I think that right rearset is what you get when you've repurposed a melted rear hugger as a "don't fling chain lube/leaking oil" guard.

The documentary on this guy "Birth of a Racer" was on TLC or something a few weeks ago. Had Jeremy McWilliams test ride it at Miller or some other familiar track

Awesome shots, still. The documentary is DEFINITELY worth the watch. Here's a link to the post:

:D

I've been wondering what happened to that bike. It made its debut at the MotoGP a few years ago (not racing, just a lot of PR hoopla). It has creative engineering going on, but I sense it's not making it in real-world conditions. Am I wrong?

Yep, they changed the displacement limitation for MotoGP after he was well into the testing phase. :(

Thanks for posting this link. If they do race the bike in AMA or SBK, I think it would majorly dominate. After having watched the documentary, I think all they need is a decent and consistent rider to learn learn the new dynamics of the bike and they'll have a pretty easy time taking out the other major manufacturers. Of course, this all rides on the assumption that they have the kinks worked out that were prevalent in the documentary.

I'm really hoping the best for Motocysz though. What an accomplishment it would be to have thier bike racing in a circuit. Plus, if they start to win races they'll bring in more money for further development and could possibly make it to Moto GP some day. Let alone having more sponsors to help funds as well.

Thanks for posting this link. If they do race the bike in AMA or SBK, I think it would majorly dominate. After having watched the documentary, I think all they need is a decent and consistent rider to learn learn the new dynamics of the bike and they'll have a pretty easy time taking out the other major manufacturers. Of course, this all rides on the assumption that they have the kinks worked out that were prevalent in the documentary.

I'm really hoping the best for Motocysz though. What an accomplishment it would be to have thier bike racing in a circuit. Plus, if they start to win races they'll bring in more money for further development and could possibly make it to Moto GP some day. Let alone having more sponsors to help funds as well.

They couldn't race in AMA or WSK unless they had a production machine with a whole bunch of units sold.

I too, think it is a neat story, but the cynic in me view it as a multi million dollar waste of time. Neat, but not a MotoGp bike, and even had they stayed with a 990's I have a feeling it would have got killed by the competition.

I mean, even KR couldn't do it!

I watched the presentation on TV, and listening to the people made me so angry, I had to change channels, before the program was over.

That bike isn't going to be an American race bike. It will be a black hole sucking in, investers money, that will never pay off.

Sure it looks promising, so did John Delorian's venture, and Kenny Roberts venture, and a long list of coulda beens. It takes way more than that. Hey Even the Harley (what was it's name? VR1000? Should of been a success with all the money and serious name people behind it, but No, they couldn't get past the on going problems.

The Motoczysz group hasn't got it.

britten did it. after watching the motocysz show on tlc i'd say if anyone has a shot, it's him. the bike has so much amazing technology and very clever engineering. i was blown away by the counter-rotating engine. WHY has noone done that before?!

besides what is 'it' that he hasn't got besides deeper pockets? and his pockets seem pretty damn deep..

That bike isn't going to be an American race bike. It will be a black hole sucking in, investers money, that will never pay off.

:thumbup That was the impression I got. Seemed to me like a lot of the money was going into shirts, jackets, needlessly fancy offices, and everyone that was pretty much impressed with the idea obviously wasn't impressed enough to give his "start up" the necessary "venture capital".

That may work in the tech business, but it doesn't seem to work in the motorcycle manufacturing world.

... but they do have some innovative ideas.

the bike has so much amazing technology and very clever engineering. i was blown away by the counter-rotating engine. WHY has noone done that before?!

I like the neutralizing effect of the two crankshafts, but I wonder what it does to the weight? I haven't looked too far for specs, maybe the weight is competitive?

I watched the presentation on TV, and listening to the people made me so angry, I had to change channels, before the program was over.

Sure it looks promising, so did John Delorian's venture, and Kenny Roberts venture, and a long list of coulda beens. It takes way more than that. Hey Even the Harley (what was it's name? VR1000? Should of been a success with all the money and serious name people behind it, but No, they couldn't get past the on going problems.

The Motoczysz group hasn't got it.

You never know...Ferrari started as a small race team too. I guess it will all depend on competitiveness (which Ferrari had), and KR didn't. The KR couldn't hang as well after the 800cc switch. And DeLorean car was far from a technology powerhouse.

The money/investing may not pay off for Czysz himself, but it may still be beneficial for the motorcycling community as a whole. Sometimes little bits of these crazy ideas make it to the big guys after they've been shown to work, so the big manufacturers can copy the ideas without as much the initial risk.

Remember the Tucker automobile? Only sold like 50 units and went bankrupt. But it was one of the first to use disk brakes, fuel injection, safety features, etc. It even had a third headlight in the center that turned with the road! Like BMW and Lexus have now.

I would liken this to a third party presidential candidate. They often have crazy ideas, and will never win, but every election cycle some ideas trickle down to the mainstream.

Last edited:
Back