Wheel Works!

Dvs510

Moto(s)
DiamondBack
Name
Dat1Guy
Today got my front rim trued at Wheel Works in Hayward on W. Winton. My rim was actually a bit bent and he (forgot his name) was able to straighten the rim within 10 minutes. Now it's actually rolls more true then when I first got my bike! Awesome place and the price is very affordable. Only thing is you got to have the tire taken off, and it was a bit hard to find only negative things I could say about the place. So check out this place for your rim needs! :thumbup

No thanks. I don't even trust Wheel Works with my car. Not letting them anywhere my bike rims.

No thanks. I don't even trust Wheel Works with my car. Not letting them anywhere my bike rims.

Nothing to do with Wheel Works Tires. :rofl

Chris Quinn is great, I used to go to him for advice on my Ducati narrow case single repair in the early 90's. He is a walking encyclopedia on vintage racers and a major player in scene since 1980. His shop is a trip. Mountains of parts scattered everywhere. I can't believe it's still around. He could talk your ears off!

Different Wheel Works, homeslice. This is a small moto shop in industro Hayward, not the car parts and tires chain. I've heard nuthin but good shit about them.

Nothing to do with Wheel Works Tires. :rofl

Chris Quinn is great, I used to go to him for advice on my Ducati narrow case single repair in the early 90's. He is a walking encyclopedia on vintage racers and a major player in scene since 1980. His shop is a trip. Mountains of parts scattered everywhere. I can't believe it's still around. He could talk your ears off!

Different Wheel Works, homeslice. This is a small moto shop in industro Hayward, not the car parts and tires chain. I've heard nuthin but good shit about them.

:thumbup

Glad to see Chris is still in business.He built the wheels for my Norton vintage racer 22 years ago. And his shop is amazing.

does he straighten cast or mag wheels?
No, other places for that (GPFrame&Wheel.)

Chris Quinn "Wheel Works" Hayward, CA has been in the local area since opening his 1st shop in Castro Valley in the early 70's. He did several wheels for me way back then; & later sponsored me racing. He's really a great guy...

If you need a rim trued/spoked/etc., go in & get your ear talked off, while getting your wheel done for a reasonable price...:thumbup

BTW, he's an ex-AFM'er, raced Ducati's back in the 70's/80's. :cool

The guy is awesome and his shop is super-cool! It looks exactly like it did in 1985 :laughing
He took 3 of my wheels that I thought were destined for the garbage heap and he had them looking brand new in no time. He did it with a wrench and a hammer, all the while talking to me and giving me lessons in wheel construction, metallurgy, racing history, Spanish metal-working ethics, Triumphs...just a really pleasant experience all the way around :thumbup

He's a little hard to get hold of and his hours are limited but he's worth it. It's going to be a sad day when guys like Chris are no longer around. Enjoy `em while you can.

WoodsChick

I haven't been to that place in like 20 years, but the guy was great. He was very knowledgeable and seemed like an all-around nice guy. Charged me so little, I almost felt like I was ripping him off.

The shop was, um, interesting. I've never seen so many motorcycle rims in one place in my life. And he practically had a museum of old Ducatis. Like Woods Chick said, it's going to be a sad day when all the guys like him are gone.

I haven't been to that place in like 20 years, but the guy was great. He was very knowledgeable and seemed like an all-around nice guy. Charged me so little, I almost felt like I was ripping him off.

The shop was, um, interesting. I've never seen so many motorcycle rims in one place in my life. And he practically had a museum of old Ducatis. Like Woods Chick said, it's going to be a sad day when all the guys like him are gone.
Chris has always charged too little. His way of keeping customers. Once he gets them, they keep coming back & giving reviews like this one.

WTG Chris! :thumbup

Today got my front rim trued at Wheel Works in Hayward on W. Winton. My rim was actually a bit bent and he (forgot his name) was able to straighten the rim within 10 minutes. Now it's actually rolls more true then when I first got my bike! Awesome place and the price is very affordable. Only thing is you got to have the tire taken off, and it was a bit hard to find only negative things I could say about the place. So check out this place for your rim needs! :thumbup

a spoked rim? how bad?

Back