BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > The Stunt Spot


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #151
Cycle61
What the shit is this...
 
Cycle61's Avatar
 
Contributographer

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wet spot.
Motorcycles: yes
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMardy View Post

Thought it was just me.
+2
__________________
TPW

Washington sucks and it rains all the time.

If I didn't hurt your feelings, then I retract my apology. - bruceflinch
Cycle61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #152
packnrat
Veteran
 
Contributor

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california
Motorcycles: 2004 FZ1 1993 klr 650 1978 xl 350
Name:
Talking

first tip on doing a wheelie is this WILL happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbT9H0iS6qo





.
packnrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #153
danate
#hot4beks
 
danate's Avatar
 
AMA #: 2948810
Contributor + + + + 3%

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: East East Bay
Motorcycles: Big pompous Beemers
Name: Nate
Did my first wheelie inadvertently today while getting on the gas in 3rd gear right after that last tight turn coming down from highway 9 into Saratoga that has a big rise and hump after it. This was on my big ol RT that went up very smoothly and came down just as easily. I couldn't help but let off a big "WOOOO!" right as my front wheel came up (prolly came up about 30-40 degrees).

I know, nothing special for the experts, but it made my day. Been riding for 10 months now.
danate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #154
R1-Limited
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: No Place
Motorcycles: two wheel kind
Name: JL 4 Short
Tips on wheelies
rule #1
Your gonna break something, make sure you can afford it

rule #2
Insurance, Insurance, Insurance

Rule #3
Dumb and Dumber, don't practice it

IN all seriousness, by a cheep bicycle like a BMX bike and learn first or a unicycle. If you can get your hands on a small 100, 150cc rat bike buy it and practice. You will save yourself a hello of a lot on Dr bills, shop bills and embarrassing moments.

I have ridden for a long time, I just recently started lofting the front of the R1 after owning the bike for 4 years now. It is easy, but, I am now confident enough to control the weight, the speed and feel of the bike. Believe me, I am no slouch when it comes to the rear wheel balance dance
R1-Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #155
Smokey94086
GO!!!!!!!!!!
 
Smokey94086's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sunnyvale,CA
Motorcycles: )
Name: Smokey
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1-Limited View Post
Tips on wheelies
rule #1
Your gonna break something, make sure you can afford it

rule #2
Insurance, Insurance, Insurance

Rule #3
Dumb and Dumber, don't practice it

IN all seriousness, by a cheep bicycle like a BMX bike and learn first or a unicycle. If you can get your hands on a small 100, 150cc rat bike buy it and practice. You will save yourself a hello of a lot on Dr bills, shop bills and embarrassing moments.

I have ridden for a long time, I just recently started lofting the front of the R1 after owning the bike for 4 years now. It is easy, but, I am now confident enough to control the weight, the speed and feel of the bike. Believe me, I am no slouch when it comes to the rear wheel balance dance
Agreed.

I am very proficient on doing wheelies on mountain bikes or small moto's. I can hold them for miles if im in the right mindset.

But I too just started getting my streetbike up after almost 4 years of ownership. Coming from the other bikes I was very comfortable finding my "balance point", or "point of no return". I have only had one instance where I felt I went 'too far'. I'm sure I would of looped it by now if I hadn't had previous wheelie experience.

Oh.. Get a dirtbike... They are made for wheelies.
__________________
Smokey94086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #156
R1-Limited
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: No Place
Motorcycles: two wheel kind
Name: JL 4 Short
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey94086 View Post
Agreed.

I am very proficient on doing wheelies on mountain bikes or small moto's. I can hold them for miles if im in the right mindset.

But I too just started getting my streetbike up after almost 4 years of ownership. Coming from the other bikes I was very comfortable finding my "balance point", or "point of no return". I have only had one instance where I felt I went 'too far'. I'm sure I would of looped it by now if I hadn't had previous wheelie experience.

Oh.. Get a dirtbike... They are made for wheelies.
I cannot wheelie a bicycle if my life depended on it. A moto, total different story. Road dirt all my life so riding the rear wheel is second nature. The R1 for me was just a matter of respect and learning the bike before I attempted lofting it.
R1-Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #157
TheMachine
Suck It
 
TheMachine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pittsburg ca
Motorcycles: Your mom
Name: Kevin
rule #1
dont be a wussy

rule #2
replace letter "w" above with letter "p"
TheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #158
Stiffler
Adventure Pig
 
Stiffler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Motorcycles: 990, Bicycles
Name: Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMachine View Post
rule #1
dont be a wussy

rule #2
replace letter "w" above with letter "p"
__________________
RIP Mr. Caselli
Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #159
topstopcycles
I-overbuild-bikes
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: sf/boston
Motorcycles: kx450fs mostly tards
Name: eric
guys where can I stunt a little and be around other stuntbikes? I live in palo alto and will ride far I don't care
I'm from boston...where I had my motorcycle shop...and lots of spots for whatever two wheeled cravings I had...but this is the mecca. I'm lovin hittin twisties but I wanna get a lil sideways do a few wheelies etc somewhere sick...thanks and hello everyone!
topstopcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:37 AM   #160
Eschec21
Rookie
 
Eschec21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oakland
Motorcycles: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
Name:
In this bitch. Im trynna go UPPPP
Eschec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #161
ctwo
Merely Rhetorical
 
ctwo's Avatar
 
Respectful Contributor

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: auf der motobahn
Motorcycles: motatoe
Name: Heyou
I pulled an accidental wheelie the other day, splitting to the stop line and the light turned green a little prematurely, between downshifts and clutching. Honestly, the clutch just slipped off my fingertips.
ctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:36 AM   #162
DTM74
It's not my fault...
 
DTM74's Avatar
 
Contributor +++++++++1%
Roadside Angel Contributor

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 707
Motorcycles: Seven-Oh-One
Name: Dan
All you need to know begins at 2:10


youtu.be/Dx4F94DnATY
DTM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:13 AM   #163
tbkonwso
Veteran
 
4% Contributor

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Newark
Motorcycles: Drz400SM
Name: Evan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM74 View Post
All you need to know begins at 2:10


youtu.be/Dx4F94DnATY
always an classic , brings back memories lol
tbkonwso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #164
Mellowtonin
Old Enough to Know Better
 
Mellowtonin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hoon Valley
Motorcycles: FZR, XV, XL, EX, WR, SMC, FZ07, HYM 1100S
Name: Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM74 View Post
All you need to know begins at 2:10


youtu.be/Dx4F94DnATY
can't....breath...
Mellowtonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:56 PM   #165
ThumperX
Veteran
 
ThumperX's Avatar
 
AMA #: 2817058
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor++++++++ +++++++++++++++ ++++++++++3%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NB
Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Never gets old
__________________
JOIN: AMA District 36 CORVA
check out the new Citybike.com
PETS BEING ASSHOLES
Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.
You go where you look!
HOHO
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.