Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Dirty BARFing


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2018, 06:32 AM   #2611
2strokeYardSale
Moab on my mind
 
2strokeYardSale's Avatar
 
Contributor +

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern Nevada
Motorcycles: shouldn't have cams!
Name: Yard Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by onto1wheel View Post
got to test out the new piston in the YZ250. Yep, that bike rips, especially with prime dirt
Me in the dry: "Eh, I need a 125, I'm too old and frail to control this beast."

Me in hero dirt: "This is the greatest bike ever and I am the greatest rider ever!"
__________________
That's how this works, man. The one with the gun gets to tell the truth.
2strokeYardSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:37 AM   #2612
madsen203
Undetermined
 
madsen203's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pleasant Hill
Motorcycles: 2006 YZ250
Name: Michael M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokeYardSale View Post
Me in the dry: "Eh, I need a 125, I'm too old and frail to control this beast."

Me in hero dirt: "This is the greatest bike ever and I am the greatest rider ever!"
This!

So funny!
__________________
Cheers!
madsen203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:50 AM   #2613
PASTAPWR
Veteran
 
PASTAPWR's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Contributor

Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Motorcycles: '01 RSV Mille
Name:
Tore down my starter to prep for rebuild. Parts should arrive today or tomorrow. Also, modified the starter case to allow for it to be removed/installed without removing the cam chain tensioner.
__________________
Dave

"Lines? How about staying to the left of the white one and right of the yellow ones. It's called a lane and you're supposed to stay in your own. Practice that for a while first... " - Dougmo531
PASTAPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:29 AM   #2614
thedub
Octane Socks
 
thedub's Avatar
 
AMA #: 2952025

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Motorcycles: R6, KTM 300, Tiger 800, KTM 500
Name: Wiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PASTAPWR View Post
Tore down my starter to prep for rebuild. Parts should arrive today or tomorrow. Also, modified the starter case to allow for it to be removed/installed without removing the cam chain tensioner.
When my starter died I looked into rebuilding and quickly decided it wasn't worth it. Rocky Mountain sells Neutron starters for 50 like bucks.
__________________
AFM #77
Thanks for the support;
Sidi|Motion Pro|C@TT|Vortex|Shoei
thedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:16 AM   #2615
yumdumpster
Veteran
 
yumdumpster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Concord
Motorcycles: STriple, XR650R, WR450F
Name: Matt


Decided I wanted something a bit different on the Dirt Bike front, XR is going back to Supermoto only duty since I have 17's for it. Plus this one has a magic button.
yumdumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:10 PM   #2616
2strokeYardSale
Moab on my mind
 
2strokeYardSale's Avatar
 
Contributor +

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern Nevada
Motorcycles: shouldn't have cams!
Name: Yard Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumdumpster View Post


Decided I wanted something a bit different on the Dirt Bike front, XR is going back to Supermoto only duty since I have 17's for it. Plus this one has a magic button.
Nice. I highly recommend SSS forks, which are a bolt-on.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=494287
__________________
That's how this works, man. The one with the gun gets to tell the truth.
2strokeYardSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:43 PM   #2617
2strokeYardSale
Moab on my mind
 
2strokeYardSale's Avatar
 
Contributor +

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern Nevada
Motorcycles: shouldn't have cams!
Name: Yard Sale
Saturday:

youtu.be/PtStqBTErQY

Sunday:

youtu.be/J7ykSpI-gEs
__________________
That's how this works, man. The one with the gun gets to tell the truth.
2strokeYardSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:50 AM   #2618
PASTAPWR
Veteran
 
PASTAPWR's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Contributor

Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Motorcycles: '01 RSV Mille
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
When my starter died I looked into rebuilding and quickly decided it wasn't worth it. Rocky Mountain sells Neutron starters for 50 like bucks.
Thanks for this. I will file it away in case I end up needing a completely new starter.

Cleaned all parts, polished the commutator, installed new springs, brushes, and o-rings. Starter reassembled and bench tested. Should go back into the bike tonight. Fingers crossed this does the trick. Sure would love to have e-start out on the trails.
__________________
Dave

"Lines? How about staying to the left of the white one and right of the yellow ones. It's called a lane and you're supposed to stay in your own. Practice that for a while first... " - Dougmo531
PASTAPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:07 AM   #2619
madsen203
Undetermined
 
madsen203's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pleasant Hill
Motorcycles: 2006 YZ250
Name: Michael M
Quote:
Originally Posted by PASTAPWR View Post
Thanks for this. I will file it away in case I end up needing a completely new starter.

Cleaned all parts, polished the commutator, installed new springs, brushes, and o-rings. Starter reassembled and bench tested. Should go back into the bike tonight. Fingers crossed this does the trick. Sure would love to have e-start out on the trails.
I'm going to miss E-Start on my "new-to-me" bike.
__________________
Cheers!
madsen203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:34 AM   #2620
thedub
Octane Socks
 
thedub's Avatar
 
AMA #: 2952025

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Motorcycles: R6, KTM 300, Tiger 800, KTM 500
Name: Wiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsen203 View Post
I'm going to miss E-Start on my "new-to-me" bike.
You, the first time you are stuck sideways in some gnarly canyon and can only reach the ground with your right foot while trying not to slide back down the rocks you just stalled trying to get up:

__________________
AFM #77
Thanks for the support;
Sidi|Motion Pro|C@TT|Vortex|Shoei
thedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:42 PM   #2621
madsen203
Undetermined
 
madsen203's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pleasant Hill
Motorcycles: 2006 YZ250
Name: Michael M
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
You, the first time you are stuck sideways in some gnarly canyon and can only reach the ground with your right foot while trying not to slide back down the rocks you just stalled trying to get up:

"I made a huge mistake"
Oh my, I know! Exhausted, sitting in the hot sun. Bike is flooded as I just tipped it over. Loose as shit, rocky, and steep.

Good thing I have the legs of a giraffe! I'll have to learn how to hop off, kick with my left leg, then swing a leg back over without losing my position.

If it happens often...maybe I'll pop in a rekluse
__________________
Cheers!
madsen203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #2622
Eric B
Know-it-none
 
Eric B's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2014
Location: san jose
Motorcycles: KLE, KLX, KDX, SRX, Evo
Name: Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsen203 View Post
Oh my, I know! Exhausted, sitting in the hot sun. Bike is flooded as I just tipped it over. Loose as shit, rocky, and steep.

Good thing I have the legs of a giraffe! I'll have to learn how to hop off, kick with my left leg, then swing a leg back over without losing my position.

If it happens often...maybe I'll pop in a rekluse
Your non e-start bike is a smoker yes?
Flooding from a tip over shouldn't be a problem.
Eric B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #2623
madsen203
Undetermined
 
madsen203's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pleasant Hill
Motorcycles: 2006 YZ250
Name: Michael M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
Your non e-start bike is a smoker yes?
Flooding from a tip over shouldn't be a problem.
YAY! That's good news. I have yet to get to ride it....

First ride will be at StonyBARF. Looking forward to it!


Going to load bikes on trailer today to see how I will mount the second bike on the trailer. I'd like to figure out a way to fit a cooler or some supplies between the bikes as it'll free up some weight from the car/trunk.
__________________
Cheers!
madsen203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:22 PM   #2624
Lunch Box
Useful idiot
 
Lunch Box's Avatar
 
Contributor ++++++

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pacifica, CA
Motorcycles: Dino and electron. Street and dirt.
Name: Aaron
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsen203 View Post
Oh my, I know! Exhausted, sitting in the hot sun. Bike is flooded as I just tipped it over. Loose as shit, rocky, and steep.

Good thing I have the legs of a giraffe! I'll have to learn how to hop off, kick with my left leg, then swing a leg back over without losing my position.

If it happens often...maybe I'll pop in a rekluse learn how to ride better
__________________
"No orifice is safe! Spread the word." - byke
Lunch Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #2625
madsen203
Undetermined
 
madsen203's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pleasant Hill
Motorcycles: 2006 YZ250
Name: Michael M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch Box View Post
I was thinking that too...but who are we really kidding?
__________________
Cheers!
madsen203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.