BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Classifieds > Moto for Sale

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
danix
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: ex: K75s, Honda Hawk GT, Vespa GTS250. R1200RT-P., Vespa GTS300. Current: NC700X DCT
Name: Dan
2015 Honda NC700X for sale

PRICE: SOLD

DCT ABS model.

Moving cross country and it makes sense to sell my 2015 Honda NC700X rather than transport it (plus I kinda want an Africa Twin but don't tell my wife).

I bought this bike about a year ago at the start of COVID, figuring that after 2-3 months COVID would be over but traffic would be worse, as people chose to drive their own cars instead of taking a crowded BART train.
I misjudged the timing but I still believe traffic is going to be worse than ever, and this bike makes a great commuter.

I bought it from the original owner who advertised it thusly:
You can ride the bike in the fully automatic mode (DCT handles up and down shifting - 6 speeds) or take full control in the manual mode with your thumb and forefinger. The automatic mode has 3 sport-modes for different riding conditions or moods. At any point you can over-ride the automatic shifting. Motorcycle was purchased at Contra Costa Powersports in Concord, CA. They also did all the Honda required services: 600, 4.000 and 8,000 miles and also installed all the accessories (over $1,500): top case Givi 56L, Givi engine guards, hand guards, center stand, larger Madstadt windshield, radiator guard.. owner has all the receipts! Both the front and back tires have been changed around ~ 8,000 miles. The radiator was also changed around that time after it was struck by a rock. A radiator guard was installed for additional protection. This is the perfect commuter and weekend adventure motorcycle: - It has a storage compartment in place of the fuel tank (tank is under the seat) big enough for a full-face helmet, plus it has the 56L Givi case at the back. - It has a great comfortable upright position to easily see the traffic ahead. - Having an automatic transmission frees you up to focus on the road. - 64 MPG consumption - Condition New - Odometer 11525 - Title Status Clean

Since I bought the bike, I've added about 2000 miles to it, so it's at 13,800 or so. I added the factory accessory wiring kit, a USB outlet in the storage compartment, LOUD Stebel horns, a Shad seat front and rear, front aux lights with bluish halo (3 way switch), and LED lighting around the rear plate (Signal Dynamics I think). Cheap Akrapovic replica exhaust installed, original exhaust is included.

I will also include a spare radiator, spare rear sprocket, two new tires, and the original windshield. And a cover.

Truthfully, I had no interest in the DCT mechanism when I got it, I only chose it because that's how you get ABS and it was the right size and price for what I wanted. But, other than phantom grabbing at the non-existent clutch lever for the first week, I didn't miss shifting, and especially when lane-splitting I can just hover over the horn button with my left hand in case anyone thinks about darting out.

This bike gets great MPGs and while not a barn-burner, is plenty fast for commuting and casual touring. Next maintenance is due at 15k.
Basic pictures here - bike is in great shape, has never been down. Need to sell sometime between now and late May I think. Bike is paid for, title in my name.

Last edited by danix; 04-16-2021 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: Sold
danix is offline   Reply With Quote