Kornholio
:wave

Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++ BB

Motorcycles: Goldilocks
Name: Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzrider View Post
The last is a guitar I built. Neck through construction; neck is laminated strips of maple and walnut with an ebony fingerboard and graphite reinforcing bar. 24 frets. Body is a redwood burl, left mostly in its natural shape. EMG pickups, wired in a Gibson configuration.
Nice. I watch a lot of Darrell Braun Guitar videos on YouTube and it's really getting me motivated to build a guitar. Probably a kit to start but I'd rather not dive in by biting off more than I can chew. Thing is, what the hell am I going to do with a built guitar? If I don't like it after all or I end up building more than one, what the hell do you do with them? Do other people make a habit of buying kit guitar builds?

Being a bit of a dick is one thing. Being an ever-enduring cocksicle is another. -Hundo

I forgot that Yelp is a weapon for dumb people. -Stewie Griffin
Kornholio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:31 AM   #1472
kelsodeez
2wheels good 4wheels bad

MotoGP CRC Contributor

Motorcycles: SV650
Name: Kelso
I built a Solo les paul kit. It was fun. The wood is high quality, but forget about getting any good tone out of the guangdong special electronics. I threw some used pots and burstbuckers in it and its a great backup guitar that i dont mind playing in bed and whacking it on the nightstand.

I had a dream that i built a california themed strat with old growth redwood for the body, roasted sierra pine neck and abalone shell inlays fished out of the pacific with the bear flag branded on the back of the body. One day i will do it.
Old Today, 08:58 AM   #1473
poach
seeking balance

Motorcycles: Moto what???
Name:
Iím mechanically inept and can barely build a sandwich.
Old Today, 03:52 PM   #1474
kelsodeez
2wheels good 4wheels bad

MotoGP CRC Contributor

Motorcycles: SV650
Name: Kelso
My next door neighbor let me borrow his 1965 strat today. He bought it new, had all case candy and everything. This guitar has "it". I now understand the big deal of the strat quack.