Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzrider View Post
As Robert says, your wide exit from 3 made you low line 3a and forced you to keep too much lean angle over the crest. Iíd leave it leaned over a little longer in 3, which will set you up for a later apex in 3a. You should be picking up lean angle and back on the gas about where you lowsided.
This.

However. This stuff will come to you.

Glad you are good.

Plus... good on ya for reaching out for the why.
Shows your brain is in the game.
budman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:24 PM   #17
Holeshot
Super Moderator

Barf Racer
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravisman View Post
If Iím ďreadingĒ this video correctly you were not on the brake as you tried to make that turn. I donít brake there either, but a bit of brake would have helped keep the front planted and make the turn with the line you had. Better to fix the line as others mentioned, but if I were going in on your line Iíd probably want a finger brushing on the brake to steer through the turn.
I think he may have touched the brake a hair, but at a minimum, being off throttle w/ lean angle put him on the ground. That front tire has no contact patch to change the bike's direction. You HAVE to stay on the throttle and use the camber of the rear tire here. w/ no real way to load the contact patch (going uphill, a majority of weight is on the rear), any input @ the bars w a rolloff is a bad idea.

This video is a great learning tool for what to do when you make a mistake and now, need to clean it up. You're going to do this lots in your racing career. The key to staying upright is being able to recognize you're off line / out of sync and how to deal with it. When you're off line, what was a familiar corner is now, a totally new corner. The same moves in your "familiar corner" will now potentially put you on the ground.

....in my long and storied experience.

Jordan has a good vid on a 1K. Listen to the throttle.
youtu.be/uDu48XqJ8Yc

And on a 600, listen to Daniel's throttle (if you can hear through his music)
youtu.be/jun4rB4_Fag
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".

AFM #6 2020

Last edited by Holeshot; 04-12-2021 at 09:46 PM..
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:39 PM   #18
self_moto
Veteran

Motorcycles: CBR600RR, STR, S1000RR
Name: Sergei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
I think he may have touched the brake a hair, but at a minimum, being off throttle w/ lean angle put him on the ground. That front tire has no contact patch to change the bike's direction. You HAVE to stay on the throttle and use the camber of the rear tire here. w/ no real way to load the contact patch (going uphill, a majority of weight is on the rear), any input @ the bars w a rolloff is a bad idea.

This video is a great learning tool for what to do when you make a mistake and now, need to clean it up. You're going to do this lots in your racing career. The key to staying upright is being able to recognize you're off line / out of sync and how to deal with it. When you're off line, what was a familiar corner is now, a totally new corner. The same moves in your "familiar corner" will now potentially put you on the ground.

....in my long and storied experience.

Jordan has a good vid on a 1K. Listen to the throttle.
youtu.be/uDu48XqJ8Yc

And on a 600, listen to Daniel's throttle (if you can hear through his music)
youtu.be/jun4rB4_Fag
Thanks for videos! Very useful!
self_moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:04 PM   #19
Holeshot
Super Moderator

Barf Racer
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Yah, anytime. Vid's have great hidden info in them, so long as you trust the riders in them!
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".

AFM #6 2020
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:49 PM   #20
Dan.C

Motorcycles: R6 SV650
Name:
It almost appears you added another steering input just before losing the front after your initial turn in. Its possible you added excessive weight to the front trying to bring yourself back online and as soon as the pavement fell away from you the front end said no more. After the initial turn in if you find yourself just off-line it may be best to accept it and get back on the throttle when you know you can pick up the bike to hit your exit. I think accepting your line is especially important in corners where the levels of grip are going to decrease like this one. My advise is increase your initial turn in rate and avoid further steering inputs.
Dan.C is offline   Reply With Quote