BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Sport Touring / Cruising

Old 04-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #31
NHRstein

Motorcycles: 2016 R1200R 2017 Z900
Name: John
Quote:
Originally Posted by dravnx View Post
Last Friday, me and a couple of buddies went to Santa Barbara. Hollister, 25, Indian Valley to Paso. Slabbed to SB. We stayed at the La Quinta on State St. crawling distance from downtown. Lots of action on State St to keep us busy all evening. On Saturday we went up and back down 33, had lunch at the Rock Store. Mulholland was closed due to a slide. Took Hwy 1 through Malibu and ended up in Santa Maria for a the night. Slabbed home on 101 because one of the boys wanted to get home. I easily could have done a more scenic route. I was able to talk them into taking 154 past Lake Cachuma and they were glad I did.
Great 3 day weekend.
Good choice on 154, I really like that ride. You should set this up as a group ride some time. I would be down.
NHRstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #32
RWMaverick

Motorcycles: 1992 Honda Nighthawk 750, 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Track Bike
Name: Ryan
Hello all, this is quite late, but I have a bit of a ride report! I slabbed it down to Santa Margarita and took 58 to 178 up to Lake Isabella, where my progress was halted by freezing rain (this was back in February - like I said, it's been a while since I first posted). I spent the night at a KOA campground and headed back down Kern Canyon in a snow flurry the next morning. The roads were awesome though and I'm planning on going back sometime! Thanks for the suggestions!
RWMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote