lkosewsk
Overenthusiast

2% Contributor

Motorcycles: Yes
Name: Luke
SOLD - 2000 Suzuki DR-Z400 Green Sticker

Hey BARF,

SOLD on SBR.

The pandemic is still with us but red sticker season is over in a few months. What will you do? How about an old but functional DR-Z to beat around on while you wait until October?.

2000 DR-Z400 (or DRZ400 or DRZ 400 or DR-Z 400, however you want to spell it). No E, S, or SM. Just plain ol' kickstart-only green sticker brawp. Clean title in my name, tag good until June 2022. At least 96.7 miles on it but previous owner didn't tell me if that's ever rolled over (I believe it probably has so I'm not going to say that's actual mileage).

Bike was purchased in 2016 and has sat since 2018 as other bikes got love and attention. I finally found some time, rebuilt the carb, changed the oil and coolant, and then replaced leaking vacuum lines and oil seals. Popped in a new spark plug and replaced and oiled the air filter - and now it starts on the first or second kick. Runs just fine, clutch works fine, brakes are good, lights work. Leaks nothing. Almost everything you need.

I cleaned and lubed the chain. The chain links are still fine, though the outside looks rusty. While there I also greased the swingarm pivots and lubricated both throttle cables and clutch cable.

It comes with an SDG seat, and Easton EA70 handlebar (Easton made the original run of 1 1/8" handlebars for Pro Taper, and this one of those - a little rare!) - everything else is stock. It also comes with the super-trick early model flatslide carb (and thinner base gasket for more powah) that has both a choke and a hot-start lever for those 90 degree days riding at Metcalf.

Why so affordable then? Two reasons:
- You need new tires. These tires have 2013 date codes on them. They are fine Maxis Maxxcross tires but you can almost break the nubs on them they're so inflexible.
- In a fit of spirited riding the exhaust was broken. The muffler and mid-pipe were no longer connected. This has been welded back together and it's fine and no exhaust leaks are present, but as you can see in the picture it doesn't quite line up with the frame mount for the exhaust. So you can either ride it as-is (I have, but admittedly not for long) or put together a metal bracket to hold it to the frame.

Bike will come with a Clymer DR-Z manual (quite good, actually) and the cover for the throttle linkage - I take it off because it's impossible to adjust the throttle cables with it on and removing it is a royal pain, but it comes with the bike. I also tend to remove the sprocket cover as mud builds up under there but I've remounted it on the bike for you.

Delivery possible; free in San Jose, ask if you're a bit further away. If you like, I also have a stock DR-Z seat and a Seat Concepts seat, I could part with either for an additional $200.

Last edited by lkosewsk; 01-23-2021 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: Sold
Old 01-18-2021, 12:15 PM   #2
lkosewsk
Overenthusiast

2% Contributor

The bike has generated the interest I expected but not from where I expected; I keep getting good offers but asking for delivery to Bakersfield or beyond. I'd rather not drive for hours. Dropped the price a bit, hoping for a local bid.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:25 PM   #3
lkosewsk
Overenthusiast

2% Contributor

I know BARF isn't always a great place to move a dirtbike but another price drop for those on the fence!
Old 01-23-2021, 06:43 PM   #4
lkosewsk
Overenthusiast

2% Contributor

Bike is SOLD, mods please update.
Closed Thread