AMA #: 1108554
Contributor +++++++++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Fast & Dirty!
Name: ID Thief!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guoseph View Post
Hi there,

I believe I stopped to ask if some bikes went by. You were getting your dog out of the back I think

Very nice to meet you.

Alex
Yep, that was us. My friend was the one getting his dog out of the back. Nice to meet you too.

Bill

Originally posted by Cruisingram
You know, in Alaska, you don't lose your woman, you lose your turn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
it doesn't matter whose fault it was when you're lying in the graveyard.

Last edited by brichter; 04-18-2021 at 09:56 PM..
brichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:45 AM   #272
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '20 Scorpa, '19 TX 300, '17 1090 '93 KTM 550 MXC, '14 500 EXC
Name:
Nice to see everyone up there even though I was hiding out for a lot of it. Got to rip some great trails on my exc and finally got my damned jetting straight on the tx, musta' gone up and down 40 about 6 times and changed needle positions 12 times....one pilot and one main too. Wasn't planning on doing that but it made the bike what I wanted.

Fun going up to St John's on Saturday eve with Cabrito and Quicksparks, especially that little rabbit that wanted to race with us on the road for like 2 minutes....couldn't get the little guy to move over. Finally he jumped off into the bushes and I thought I could get past, right as I was about to pass the bush he was in he jumped out and started running with me again. Tough little dude wasn't giving in! Finally got past him in a turn, glad I didn't have to win a moto against him, I doubt I'd have won.
elemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:48 AM   #273
quicksparks
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: DR-Z400S
Name:
I had a great weekend. It was nice meeting and riding with a bunch of different folks. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Iím looking forward to the next one!
quicksparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:55 AM   #274
quicksparks
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: DR-Z400S
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemetal View Post
Nice to see everyone up there even though I was hiding out for a lot of it. Got to rip some great trails on my exc and finally got my damned jetting straight on the tx, musta' gone up and down 40 about 6 times and changed needle positions 12 times....one pilot and one main too. Wasn't planning on doing that but it made the bike what I wanted.

Fun going up to St John's on Saturday eve with Cabrito and Quicksparks, especially that little rabbit that wanted to race with us on the road for like 2 minutes....couldn't get the little guy to move over. Finally he jumped off into the bushes and I thought I could get past, right as I was about to pass the bush he was in he jumped out and started running with me again. Tough little dude wasn't giving in! Finally got past him in a turn, glad I didn't have to win a moto against him, I doubt I'd have won.
He was doing 25-30 mph the whole way, too! Thanks for the drinking water!
quicksparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:06 AM   #275
Eric B
Know-it-none

Motorcycles: KLE, KLX, KDX, SRX, Evo
Name: Eric
Fun weekend. It was wonderful to see you all. Thanks to Aaron for the beer, it was tasty as usual. Thanks to Tim for the beer delivery. I have a few pictures to post in the photo thread.
Eric B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:25 AM   #276
Eric B
Know-it-none

Motorcycles: KLE, KLX, KDX, SRX, Evo
Name: Eric
Can anyone confirm KTMrc (Randy) got back to camp sunday afternoon? He was still out enjoying the trails, when I left at 4.
Eric B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:57 AM   #277
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna FE350, TE300, a vintage CR390, Honda ST1100
Name: CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
Can anyone confirm KTMrc (Randy) got back to camp sunday afternoon? He was still out enjoying the trails, when I left at 4.
Randy safely returned. He pulled up only minutes after you left.

Great weekend! Definitely a highlight in my year... even if I rode less than anticipated. Just hanging out and socializing was fun along with meeting new folks.

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:19 AM   #278
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '20 Scorpa, '19 TX 300, '17 1090 '93 KTM 550 MXC, '14 500 EXC
Name:
Quote:
even if I rode less than anticipated
Wait, you rode? ....................

Good to talk with you CJ, wished we coulda' gotten out together.
elemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:40 AM   #279
brichter
Spun out freakshow

AMA #: 1108554
Contributor +++++++++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Fast & Dirty!
Name: ID Thief!
Our highlight(s) of the weekend: One was someone (probably with the StonyBARF crew) on a YUUUUUUGE KTM! Whoever was riding that gets our props, it definitely looked way bigger than either myself or my friend would want to hustle around on the trails up there!

My friend's daughter invited a couple they know to come up, and the guy decided to ride his R1200GS from Willits while his GF drove their Subaru. He came through the Clear Lake side, and had a pretty epic tale of riding uphill to a rock garden, tried to turn around but either got lost or a tree fell behind him and he had to gut it out with that big ol' bike. Had a couple hits on his case guards and he didn't get up there until 10 pm, he left around 4. He said he was ready to give up on making it to the cabin and was looking for a place to spend the night instead. That sounds like some crap my buddy and I would have done back in the day, and we had a good laugh about it.

Originally posted by Cruisingram
You know, in Alaska, you don't lose your woman, you lose your turn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
it doesn't matter whose fault it was when you're lying in the graveyard.
brichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 12:34 PM   #280
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna FE350, TE300, a vintage CR390, Honda ST1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemetal View Post
Wait, you rode? ....................

Good to talk with you CJ, wished we coulda' gotten out together.
I got two rides in.

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

Old 04-19-2021, 08:02 PM   #281
PASTAPWR
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: '01 RSV Mille
Name:
Great time. Nice re-meeting some of you from my first Stonybarf years back and great meeting so many new people. To those who my son and I rode with, thanks for towing us around, providing pointers, and lending a hand when needed. A big thanks also goes out for help realizing the front end on the little CRF 150. We had a great time and I’m looking forward to doing it again in the Fall.

"Lines? How about staying to the left of the white one and right of the yellow ones. It's called a lane and you're supposed to stay in your own. Practice that for a while first... " - Dougmo531
PASTAPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:01 AM   #282
Dmitriy

Motorcycles: KTM LC4's KTM 4T Husqvarna 2T GasGas 2T
Name: Dmitriy
What a great event as usual!!! Thank you so much to everyone who attended & made this event a huge success as usual. Butch thank you for reserving the site for us.
Though the weather was dry and a bit dusty the temps were pretty good overall.
The ice cream MXT brought helped cool us all down right along side LunchBox's delicious beer - Thanks Guys.
Rebekah - thank you for getting the water turned on for us and a yummy dinner on Saturday after an awesome ride.
Daniel503A - stepping up and getting us a truckload of wood for keeping the campfire going all night long.
Great to see all the folks who rode in on their bikes (whether they camped or just for 1 day) - The list is long and I think SFMCJohn is really encouraging more folks to get out there and explore.
Saltwater's birthday was a success I think
Titus58 - thank you for delivering the Pedro Point beer.
ThumperX for lending out your 230 and the morning coffee

Awesome to just see everyone again and feel a bit more normal. I hope all the new and returning attendees felt welcome and had a great time.

Sorry I had to bail early on Sunday, I had a MadMax dust bowl of a race to attend at Shasta Dam
Dmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:34 AM   #283
rebekahlynn
racer x

AMA #2956245
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + + + + +
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: fun ones
Name: rlb
@lunchbox, welcome! don't know how you survived the first night, brrr

@cabrito, welcome! glad you got at least one meatball!

@dmitriy, welcome - fun ride for sure!

Ditto on the thanks to Butch, baby D, Tim, etc! This was a great weekend as usual. When is the next?

Sept 30- Oct 3?
Oct 7-10?

Those are the only two weekends I can go.. there are a lot of races happening towards end of October.
rebekahlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:48 AM   #284
MXT
+

Motorcycles: 2021 KTM 300 XC-W TPI Erzbergrodeo | 2020 KTM 350 EXC-F | 2019 KTM 300 XC-W TPI
Name: Chris
Awesome weekend, as these have always been.

By the way, for anyone curious, I stopped in at Sour Robs and picked up 3 loaves on the way out.... and this is some of the best sour dough bread I've ever had. Definitely going to be ordering a few loaves for the trip in next trip
MXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 01:21 PM   #285
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASTAPWR View Post
Great time. Nice re-meeting some of you from my first Stonybarf years back and great meeting so many new people. To those who my son and I rode with, thanks for towing us around, providing pointers, and lending a hand when needed. A big thanks also goes out for help realizing the front end on the little CRF 150. We had a great time and Iím looking forward to doing it again in the Fall.
Dave, great riding with you and your son Friday. Always great see young folks getting into riding. And I finally saw the steam donkey after riding by it for decades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahlynn View Post

Sept 30- Oct 3?
Oct 7-10?

Those are the only two weekends I can go.. there are a lot of races happening towards end of October.
I'd think either of those weekends would work, especially if they work around the race schedule. Perhaps we can add Sunday night on to it as it always seems folks are staying longer. Book it Reb!