Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2021, 10:26 AM   #76
kelsodeez
2wheels good 4wheels bad

MotoGP CRC Contributor

Motorcycles: SV650
Name: Kelso
Yeah I was kinda rooting for Marc today, which I never ever do haha. Today's race made it super apparent how dogshit the rcv is without Marc's input
Old 04-18-2021, 01:18 PM   #77
Kestrel
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: DR350
Name:
I'm bummed for Rossi, too. And in a lot of ways, as he fades, so does my interest in MotoGP.

It's not that I don't enjoy good riding. Rather, having watched a set of storylines over the last two decades - and most of those guys gone from racing at this point - I just don't care as much. The personalities and rivalries were in some ways a part of why I watched. Now we've got a slew of relatively new guys at the top and I guess I just sort of missed the boat?

Still glad Suzuki won last year, though. Hope they do it again this year, too.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:24 PM   #78
Lucky Jones
Ride on #69

AMA #: 510645
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 1983 Honda VT500C Shadow 1985 Honda VF700F Interceptor
Name: itsasecret
This Pedro Acosta kid in Moto3 is impressive. Shades of the "big names" in the way he's taking control of these first 3 races. I don't usually get hyped about the riders in this class, but, man, he's fun to watch. That pass on Fogia in turn 13 on the last lap was MASTERFUL!

Ok, I'll settle down now.

"i would still butt chug a few yoplait first just to make sure." - asthmodeus

Truth sounds like hate....to those who hate the truth.
Old 04-18-2021, 02:17 PM   #79
afm199
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++3%

Motorcycles: Yamasuzhonaki 1450
Name: Mikezebub
Moto 2 was great. Joe was so close. Really impressed by Cam Beaubier, he's going to be a force in Moto 2.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:53 PM   #80
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Jones View Post
This Pedro Acosta kid in Moto3 is impressive. Shades of the "big names" in the way he's taking control of these first 3 races. I don't usually get hyped about the riders in this class, but, man, he's fun to watch. That pass on Fogia in turn 13 on the last lap was MASTERFUL!

Ok, I'll settle down now.
No need to settle down. That kid is amazing out of the gate. If he can keep it rocking then yeah..... a string player in the new guard. So far..... amazing!!!

A lot of younger talent coming.

Kestrel..... get on board bro. Old guys going to get old.
Talent is strong. Enjoy it and enjoy the racing.
1Rider introduction on KFOG
Bone heads and bikers podcasts
Racism and RIP threads on Barf - FYI
Barf is more than a dub dub dub dealio
Godspeed Mom Pit Ho Godspeed Nicky #69 Hoho
AMA #203453
Need a BARF sticker or other stuff..PM me.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:53 PM   #81
JakesKTM
Veteran

Motorcycles: XT225
Name:
I like that all of the Moto 2 riders from the last half century have all arrived in the premiere class and MM is no longer dominant. Although watching Rossi fade is bittersweet, I know deep down there will never be a GOAT at his level. The proliferation of Rossi's career spanned multiple iterations of GP racing and manufacture changes and he still won.

I don't see another GOAT.

”The inequality in this world is, to be honest with you, disgraceful.” ~ Elton John addressing the IMF Director at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it." ~ Malcom X - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz
Old 04-18-2021, 09:45 PM   #82
ejv
Untitled work in progress

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: Tuono
Name:
All 3 were fun to watch. If you haven't been watching the support classes I can see why you would eventually lose interest in MotoGP. When MotoGP was relatively boring it was the support classes that made it for me. Acosta is most impressive and Raul Fernandez is nearly as much to me. I can see them both in the big show winning races and fighting for championships. But there is only so much room for Spaniards.

Anyone else have a feeling Franco Morbidelli ends up with Aprilia or is that just me hoping?

GoldenStateMoto.com
Old 04-18-2021, 11:04 PM   #83
DaveT319
Marquez FTW

AMA #: #1066508
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 95/05 Vulcan 750
Name: Dave
Acosta is massively impressive. Pit lane to the win was amazing last time out, then this week showed patience and maturity to bide his time and take the win on the last lap.

God-DAMN what a brutal way for Lowes to exit the race. Vicious highside in the first damn corner, AND the bike smacked him for good measure. Really wanted to see him go 3-for-3.

I was wondering if all MM's flexing and shaking of the right arm was just for show, playing mind games, but apparently it was genuine. Now that he's made it past a full race, I expect him to be back in top form within a month.

And great to see Quartararo back to his winning ways. Hopefully he can sustain it for the season and not fall off a cliff in the 2nd half again.

I always feel a bit guilty after a good ride. Like I should go in my house, turn off all the lights, and hide behind the couch and giggle my ass off! - Brown81

Rest in peace Miri
Old 04-19-2021, 06:23 AM   #84
SFLowrHgt
We're racing not dancing

AMA #: 2812854
Contributor + + + +

Motorcycles: D675R #277
Name: Jahan
MGP race was good, but Moto 2 race was really entertaining. Bummed a bit for JR16 but he was right there all race.

Yamaha is now sure they made a mistake signing MV12/25 to a two year contract. I like and am inspired by the comeback stories like Fabio and Zarco who hit real lows and have the mental toughness to turn it around. Fabio was perfect.

I only saw a snipet of the Spanish interview of MM where he started crying. What was that all about? Is he just relieved to be back or worried about how he did? Not a fan but he did quite well for being away so long.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:54 AM   #85
afm199
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
I'm bummed for Rossi, too. And in a lot of ways, as he fades, so does my interest in MotoGP.

It's not that I don't enjoy good riding. Rather, having watched a set of storylines over the last two decades - and most of those guys gone from racing at this point - I just don't care as much. The personalities and rivalries were in some ways a part of why I watched. Now we've got a slew of relatively new guys at the top and I guess I just sort of missed the boat?

Still glad Suzuki won last year, though. Hope they do it again this year, too.
I felt that way about Formula One when Stirllng Moss retired, but I got over it. He won 212 out of 539 races, and you could walk up to him in the paddock and talk to him.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:57 AM   #86
afm199
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
No need to settle down. That kid is amazing out of the gate. If he can keep it rocking then yeah..... a string player in the new guard. So far..... amazing!!!

A lot of younger talent coming.

Kestrel..... get on board bro. Old guys going to get old.
Talent is strong. Enjoy it and enjoy the racing.
That pretty much sums up MotoGP today. A huge amount of young talent coming up. Quart, Rins, Mir, and on and on. It's fun to watch.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:47 AM   #87
kmaggy
Veteran

BARF Sponsor
Contributor +++++ 2%

Motorcycles: Sea bee arrrs
Name: Kris
Just watched Moto2, WTH happened at the last sector when Gardner
swapped paint with Roberts? is that a yellow flag, 15 yard penalty lol

Last edited by kmaggy; 04-19-2021 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Gardener not Binder
Old 04-19-2021, 07:47 AM   #88
Shaggy
Zoinks!!!!

Founding Member
Contributor +

Motorcycles: are my drug
Name: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFLowrHgt View Post
I only saw a snipet of the Spanish interview of MM where he started crying. What was that all about? Is he just relieved to be back or worried about how he did? Not a fan but he did quite well for being away so long.
He said it was an emotional release after completing his first race in 9+ months. I'm sure he was a little worried about whether he would come back and actually be competitive. Seeing that he's not at 100% fitness and was still able to finish the race and place where he did was probably a relief.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:02 AM   #89
Maddevill
KNGKAW

AMA #: 542337

Motorcycles: ZX14,GS750E, KTM 450/540
Name: Steve
Looked like his arm was completely worn out. He was sitting in the garage and his right arm was just dangling. Impressive ride for being away so long.
By the way, I'm now a Certified Jenius since I picked Marc to finish 7th. I'm also a Certified Dope since I picked Zarco to win.

Mad
Old 04-19-2021, 08:10 AM   #90
ejv
Untitled work in progress

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: Tuono
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaggy View Post
Just watched Moto2, WTH happened at the last sector when Binder swapped paint with Roberts? is that a yellow flag, 15 yard penalty lol
Assuming you mean Gardner? No Binders in Moto2 currently.

GoldenStateMoto.com
Closed Thread