BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Community > Kitchen Sink

Old 03-05-2019, 06:45 PM   #16
asdfghwy
Veteran

Motorcycles: Fast one
Name:
Goal:
I want to get lean. Started @ 165 in January, currently 154. 140 is probably the lowest I'll go regardless of the results--I'm 5'8

Routine:
30 mins max incline @ 3.5mph before work around 5-530am

1-1.5hr lifting @ work gym during lunchtime

usually 30m-1hr lifting in the afternoon with my housemates.

Method:
Underarmor fitness watch tracks calories burned (I think it's inaccurate/understated for cardio)
Intermittent fasting. Coffee and water until I break my fast. 1600 calories a day baseline, this gets adjusted based on the calorie burn recorded from my watch (it syncs to Myfitnesspal) Still eat junk food and candy on the weekends.

I haven't been this physically fit in many years, maybe a decade+. My pants and sweats don't fit me anymore and top abs are making somewhat of an appearance when the moon is in the right spot.

Last edited by asdfghwy; 03-05-2019 at 06:51 PM..
asdfghwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:28 PM   #17
afm199
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++++++++ ++++++++++++++3%

Motorcycles: Yamasuzhonaki 1450
Name: Beelzebub
I haven't belonged to a gym in years. Ankle weights, floor exercises, free weights ( medium and heavy weight), and bicycling are all I do. Often while watching MotoGP reruns.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:53 PM   #18
justanotherg20
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2012 Honda CBR250R
Name:
Been doing yoga at a couple of 24 Hour Fitness'es, probably gonna keep up with that. Took a while to find instructors who treat it more like a bodyweight conditioning and mobility workout rather than the one-with-the-universe stuff but I'm really on board now. And being able to find yoga instructors on the Youtubes means I really have no excuse; I can stay at home and find a video anywhere between 8 minutes to an hour and crank out some sort of exercise.

Work schedule and weather dependent, but I ride the bicycle to work every so often -- 7 miles and about 40 minutes each way.

Weights (free weights and some cable accessories) twice a week if I can swing it.
justanotherg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:14 PM   #19
bikeama
Super Moderator

AMA #: 1097
BARF Moderator
Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: 2016 Multistrada ST
Name: Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfghwy View Post
Goal:

Routine:
30 mins max incline @ 3.5mph before work around 5-530am

Just a warning on max incline. I did that for many months. One day felt like I had something in my shoe. Changed shoes; socks did not get better. Went to my GP and he said I needed jell inserts for my shoes. Did not help. Went to a Podiatrist had Morton's neuroma Asked what could cause it and he asked what I did for exercise. He said walking up hill (inclined treadmill) was the only thing I was doing that would cause my problem.
bikeama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:36 PM   #20
Cycle61
What the shit is this...

Contributographer

Motorcycles: yes
Name:
Realized a couple weeks ago I'm sneaking up on 40, and although I'm a lot fitter than I was several years ago, I have a long way to go still. Last year I climbed Mt Rainier, currently can run a 2:00 half marathon, and would like to do so again, and bigger mountains, with more energy in reserve this time.

Currently lifting weights 5-6 days a week and doing 30-60 minutes a day if cardio, along with strict carb control and intermittent fasting. I'm not running any big miles since my knees don't like my fat ass doing more than ~25 miles a week, but the weights have started to make a real difference over the last couple weeks already.

Washington sucks and it rains all the time.

If I didn't hurt your feelings, then I retract my apology. - bruceflinch
Cycle61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:41 PM   #21
Mike95060
Figured it out!

Founding Member
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 2004 CRF 250X
Name:
Right now I weigh 173 lbs. Down from a winter high of about 190. I havent been under 180 since high school. (Im 40) Im exercising more but, the real deal is better eating habbits and keepong on my cardio. I do 2 miles on an eliptical, 10 mins of rowing and 5 mins of a cross country ski thingy at the gym about 3 or 4 times a week. After that its some mild weight room stuff. Feels good. Feels like my eating habbits have really changed a lot in about 3 weeks. I hope to stick with it. Feels good to be “light.” The goal is visible ab muscles by summer. Wish me luck.

You should always be looking for new ways to have fun.
I'm not a nostalgic guy. I'll talk about the past when someone asks, but I'm always looking at what's next for fun.
That's what has kept me pushing forward all these years. - Bob Mctavish

...What would life be like if we only did what is necessary? - Niki Lauda
Mike95060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:27 AM   #22
dravnx
Veteran

AMA #3018349
Contributor +++++++
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: '12 DL650A '15 FJR1300A
Name: Jeff
Pilates Reformer 2X for my back
Yoga 1-2X for my back
TRX cardio class 1X for my general health
My SO bought me a Pilates class 10 pack for my birthday!
It's simple math.
https://www.directavionics.com/
dravnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:52 AM   #23
Agent Orange
The b0y ninja

Founding Member

Motorcycles: None
Name:
3 day PPL routine.

Monday International Chest Day
Tuesday International Chest Day
Wednesday International Chest day
1 day Yoga

When my ribs get better I'll go back to 3 days of bjj followed by 1 day of lifting and 1 day of yoga
Old 03-06-2019, 08:57 AM   #24
Kim
KIMMEH!

BARF Moderator - Kitchen Sink
Contributor + + + + + +

Motorcycles: 2017 SV650
Name: Kim
P90X 5 days a week. Ive been doing it for months but haven't completed a full phase. REALLY trying this month. Also attempting a no sugar, low carb, healthy eating plan for the next 30 days.

It's been a LONG time since Ive been at my current weight! From the heaviest I've been to now I've lost 28lbs. Hoping to lose at least another 10ish pounds of body fat before summer. I also want to add more weight training into my exercise plan.
Hoho
“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” Bob Marley

BARF Terms of Service
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:26 AM   #25
Mike95060
Figured it out!

Founding Member
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 2004 CRF 250X
Name:
^ you go girl. 28 lbs is impressive.

You should always be looking for new ways to have fun.
I'm not a nostalgic guy. I'll talk about the past when someone asks, but I'm always looking at what's next for fun.
That's what has kept me pushing forward all these years. - Bob Mctavish

...What would life be like if we only did what is necessary? - Niki Lauda
Mike95060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:49 AM   #26
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor++++++++ +++++++++++++++ ++++++++++3%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Kim I know exactly how that feels! I put on 25 while healing. My own stupid fault.
AnywAyyoure an inspiration
Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.
You go where you look!
HOHO
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:55 AM   #27
Sharxfan
Veteran

Motorcycles: SV1000 s
Name:
What are your goals?

My goal is to get down to 220 lbs from 270.

What is your strategy?

For the last 6 months it has been mostly weightlifting 4 days a week with 45 minutes of cardio thrown in for my aerobic exercise. Going through a bulk up phase not really worried about weight loss.

I haven't really changed my diet or anything so I am not losing weight as fast as I could but you can totally see the physique changes underneath the excess weight. But this will all change soon. I am finally having shoulder surgery to repair some pretty bad damage I have done to it over the years so this will allow me to hopefully go full HAM on the weights after I recover. During my recovery downtime, I am going to go into weight loss mode. Once I am allowed to drive again I am going to head back to the gym and ride the stationary bike for the 2 hours I would be doing my normal workout. I will also be starting a low-calorie high protein diet at the same time. This diet worked for me before and I lost a lot of weight but got lazy and stopped and got sedentary so gained a bit back. Once I am off PT for the shoulder I will start hitting the weights again.

What is your biggest challenge?

My biggest challenge is that I like to eat good food. I have to get my portion control habit engrained again. Also, need to be serious about going to the gym but I have been really good about it lately so I hope that is under control.
Sharxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:05 AM   #28
1962siia
Veteran

AMA #: 424261
Contributor + + + + + 3%

Motorcycles: xr100 450EXC Montesa Cota 315r Aermacchi/HD Sprint 250ss 950 ADV 200xcw C&J XL350
Name: Daniel
I just want to get stronger and burn some fat off my mid section. My current goal is to be able to do 50 pushups in under three minutes. I started by doing ten, now up to fifteen pushups, will bump it to 20 in a few days (I dont take three mins to do this ). I dont want to hurt myself so taking it slow. Things haven't been the same since i broke my collar bone in 2017 so just want some strength back. Also dedicating myself to riding dirt bikes at least twice per month, if not more.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #29
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor++++++++ +++++++++++++++ ++++++++++3%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Gym today:
30 miles mutes on the bike varying difficulty. Trying to climb an imaginary mountain that’s 2000 feet. Today I hit 1800

Legs working with a trainer on balance and strength. Squats lots and lots of squats.

Dumbbells for biceps
Dumbbells for triceps
Squats
Hops on the murderous half ball thing
Squats on the murderous half ball thing

Then on to step ups
And some core work

Funny thing: after 3 weeks working out consistently I am finally breaking a sweat. The drip down your nose can’t wear those clothes again sweat.

Down 4lbs
2 inches in the waist and 1 inch shoulders
Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.
You go where you look!
HOHO
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:02 PM   #30
Blankpage
alien

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: Once In a While
Name: Ay Caramba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
Once I am allowed to drive again I am going to head back to the gym and ride the stationary bike for the 2 hours.::
Good luck with that. I have my own spin bike at home and it’s tough to ride that thing for more than 30 minutes. I can ride my road bike for hours but sitting there in a room not moving is an exercise in mental torture.
Blankpage is offline   Reply With Quote