KIMMEH!

BARF Moderator - Kitchen Sink
Contributor + + + + + +

Motorcycles: 2017 SV650
Name: Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike95060 View Post
^ you go girl. 28 lbs is impressive.
thanks! Ill hopefully make it 38-40lbs overall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperX View Post
Kim I know exactly how that feels! I put on 25 while healing. My own stupid fault.
AnywAyyoure an inspiration
Thanks G im trying! Like others have mentioned, I just like good food! Breaking bad habits like not eating sweets and simple carbs will help a lot I think.
Hoho
“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” Bob Marley

BARF Terms of Service
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:27 PM   #32
Sharxfan
Veteran

Motorcycles: SV1000 s
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankpage View Post
Good luck with that. I have my own spin bike at home and it’s tough to ride that thing for more than 30 minutes. I can ride my road bike for hours but sitting there in a room not moving is an exercise in mental torture.
Yeah, plan on using the gym WiFi to watch some shows while I am doing it. I am going to try using the sitting bike while I am in a sling and once it's off I am going to try the regular bike. I will have to suck it up if I plan to lose the fat.
Sharxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #33
sprorchid
Veteran

AMA #: 2819725
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: '09 zx-6r, '11 cbr 1000rr (dead), '13 speed triple, S1kRR, RSV4
Name: Jacqueline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacinator View Post
My fitness program consists of lifting pints and not eating complete garbage.
^ after my own heart.

a couple of years ago I lost 60 lbs by just changing when and what I ate. didn't want to work out... Now, after my get off, I really 'can't' work out, without pain. But I have chunked up a bit, so I will be eating a little healthier and earlier in the day.
sprorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:27 PM   #34
ctwo
Merely Rhetorical

Respectful Contributor

Motorcycles: motatoe
Name: Heyou
I'm doing long term fasting. Once a quarter, a week, then two, then three. Want to make 21 days with water only.
ctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #35
Kim
KIMMEH!

Contributor + + + + + +

Curious...why? 21 days is a bit extreme
Hoho
“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” Bob Marley

BARF Terms of Service
Old 03-06-2019, 02:15 PM   #36
ctwo
Merely Rhetorical

Respectful Contributor

Motorcycles: motatoe
Name: Heyou
I think it is healthy. I think humans often endured long fasting periods during evolution and some remote civilizations today still live the old ways where food is eaten when it is available (I do not recall which island tribe was cited), often days between meals.

I watched a lot of youtube videos on it. There is both short term or intermittent and long term fasting techniques. It is a way to cut more body fat that otherwise you would not be able to.

If you need to lose weight, it works the fastest possible.

After 3 days, I start to feel great, almost euphoric, and energy starts to increase with mental cognition, reflexes, and etc.

If you go long, your body will start to eat tumors and scar tissue and your system will become more purged of toxins. Yes, your scars can disappear.

Of course you need to eat very healthy around all that.
ctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:26 PM   #37
Mike95060
Figured it out!

Founding Member
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 2004 CRF 250X
Name:
^ I lost most of my weight recently from what I will call "stress fasting." I'm not sure its healthy but it sure as shit works to lose weight. Don't know how realistic it is to do on a regular basis but I also think that as long as you don't end up anorexic it cant really hurt. Very few people can willfully starve themselves to death in our culture.

You should always be looking for new ways to have fun.
I'm not a nostalgic guy. I'll talk about the past when someone asks, but I'm always looking at what's next for fun.
That's what has kept me pushing forward all these years. - Bob Mctavish

...What would life be like if we only did what is necessary? - Niki Lauda
Mike95060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #38
Kim
KIMMEH!

Contributor + + + + + +

Huh, good luck! I enjoy food FAR too much to give it up for more than a day . I do try to do intermitted fasting. Or whichever is the one where you dont eat anything until you work out. So i try to just have my coffee then workout THEN eat. Im not a breakfast eater anyways so it works.

Just did shoulders and arms -55mins and then interchanging
20 crunches x4
25 squats x4
Hoho

BARF Terms of Service
Old 03-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #39
banshee01
Veteran

Motorcycles: 18 701 SM 17 701 Enduro 17 z900 12 kx100 02 kx250 01 yz 125 (loaner)
Name: George
Quote:
Originally Posted by dravnx View Post
Pilates Reformer 2X for my back
Yoga 1-2X for my back
TRX cardio class 1X for my general health
My SO bought me a Pilates class 10 pack for my birthday!
Right now i am swimming for my core and back 4 days a week. I also have my stretched and core exercises Santa Cruz Sport and Spine have given me. I need to keep on keepin on. Need more core strength and flexibility. I have been eating healthier also for the past 5 weeks. Lost about 7 lbs so far. I am 6'1 198lbs currently. Would like to get down to 190lbs.

I also would like to try out yoga, never done that before hoping to sign up for some 1 on 1

My goal is to be able to ride my dirtbike in Jan 2020 without any back issues
banshee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:05 PM   #40
Mike95060
Figured it out!

Founding Member
Contributor +

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by banshee01 View Post
Right now i am swimming for my core and back 4 days a week. I also have my stretched and core exercises Santa Cruz Sport and Spine have given me. I need to keep on keepin on. Need more core strength and flexibility. I have been eating healthier also for the past 5 weeks. Lost about 7 lbs so far. I am 6'1 198lbs currently. Would like to get down to 190lbs.

I also would like to try out yoga, never done that before hoping to sign up for some 1 on 1

Tell me more about santa cruz sport and spine please. I have posture issues I would like to correct. I have made a little progress from watching you tube vids by physical therapists but it probably going to take more than that. Yoga will change your life. I did it in college and should do it again.

I'm not a nostalgic guy. I'll talk about the past when someone asks, but I'm always looking at what's next for fun.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:34 PM   #41
dravnx
Veteran

AMA #3018349
Contributor +++++++
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: '12 DL650A '15 FJR1300A
Name: Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by banshee01 View Post

I did a few 1 on 1 lessons before I attended a class. Definitely the way to do it. There are also many types of Yoga. Vinyasa is very energetic and you go from one pose to another very fast. It's a good work out but it wasn't good for my back. I eventually found a teacher that teaches a more pose oriented class. You hold poses for longer periods of time. This allows you to concentrate on perfecting the pose and it involves more stretching. I find this is much more beneficial for my back. Talk to the studio and find the class that will work best for you. I went to 3-4 studios before I found the class/teacher that worked best for me.
It's simple math.
https://www.directavionics.com/
dravnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:50 PM   #42
Abacinator
Unholy Blasphemies

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: 1997 Triumph Tiger 885 "The Tank"
Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprorchid View Post
^ after my own heart.

a couple of years ago I lost 60 lbs by just changing when and what I ate. didn't want to work out... Now, after my get off, I really 'can't' work out, without pain. But I have chunked up a bit, so I will be eating a little healthier and earlier in the day.
I've never had any desire to exercise. Running is one of the least appealing things I can think of. I'm on my feet all day everyday at work, and the last thing I want to do at the end of it is run around and lift heavy things.

But everybody has their thing that works for them.
Abacinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:02 PM   #43
Mike95060
Figured it out!

Founding Member
Contributor +

Name:
Quote:
I did a few 1 on 1 lessons before I attended a class. Definitely the way to do it. There are also many types of Yoga. Vinyasa is very energetic and you go from one pose to another very fast. It's a good work out but it wasn't good for my back. I eventually found a teacher that teaches a more pose oriented class. You hold poses for longer periods of time. This allows you to concentrate on perfecting the pose and it involves more stretching. I find this is much more beneficial for my back. Talk to the studio and find the class that will work best for you. I went to 3-4 studios before I found the class/teacher that worked best for me.
Sage advise right there.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:01 AM   #44
banshee01
Veteran

Motorcycles: 18 701 SM 17 701 Enduro 17 z900 12 kx100 02 kx250 01 yz 125 (loaner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike95060 View Post
Tell me more about santa cruz sport and spine please. I have posture issues I would like to correct. I have made a little progress from watching you tube vids by physical therapists but it probably going to take more than that. Yoga will change your life. I did it in college and should do it again.
Well when my normal chiropractor was out of town for the holidays I hurt my back. I ended up finding Santa Cruz Sport and Spine online. I liked what their website had to say. I have only been going for about 2 months but making awesome progress.

http://www.santacruzspineandsport.com/ (not to be confused with santa cruz sport and spine chiropractic (scspineandsport.com)

Right now I am going for Chiro once a month and they have been giving me stretches and core exercises to do. I am sure they can help you out. unfortunaly for me they don't take my insurance provided so it is a little pricey imo. I think like $100 for first visit and $75 for additional.

Look into it, I am going to ask about the yoga there on my next visit as I know they offer 1 on 1
Old 03-07-2019, 07:03 AM   #45
banshee01
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, I am going to look into Yoga this month