BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Community > Kitchen Sink

Old 03-07-2019, 07:03 AM   #46
Agent Orange
The b0y ninja

Founding Member

Motorcycles: None
Name:
I see alot of these threads talk about routines but rarely about nutrition, which probably as important if not more. What is everyone's macros and daily caloric intake?
Old 03-07-2019, 07:50 AM   #47
bruceflinch
I love Da Whores

Contributor ++++++++++

Motorcycles: Present: Cage Past 305SS RD400 CB500 RD250 CB360 XS650 R1200R XT225 ST1300 Vstrom 650
Name: Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperX View Post
Did I mention on non-gym days I dance for 15 minutes before coffee?
The coolest thing is when the body decides we're doing ths thing and starts the sweat, nothing makes you feel like it's real like that bead of sweat dripping off your nose
Yoga and ballroom dancing.
If I don’t enjoy it, I won’t do it. Sex is exercise too,
Namaste!
bruceflinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:30 AM   #48
Kim
KIMMEH!

BARF Moderator - Kitchen Sink
Contributor + + + + + +

Motorcycles: 2017 SV650
Name: Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
I see alot of these threads talk about routines but rarely about nutrition, which probably as important if not more. What is everyone's macros and daily caloric intake?
Diet is 90% of weight loss. I half assed Keto, then did no carb which resulted in 5-6lbs of fat loss with 5-6 pounds of muscle gained. But its unsustainable for me. Im a lazy dieter. I hate counting calories or macros.

To be honest the time i lost the most weight was when i was meal prepping. Have I mentioned im lazy though? I would make my meals on sunday and eat those every night for dinner. They were all no carb high protein with some sort of veggie side. I should start that again.....

But to answer your question I TRY to keep my calorie intake between 1200-1600 calories a day depending on my workout.
Hoho
“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” Bob Marley

BARF Terms of Service
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:26 AM   #49
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor++++++++ +++++++++++++++ ++++++++++3%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Diet is 90% of weight loss. I half assed Keto, then did no carb which resulted in 5-6lbs of fat loss with 5-6 pounds of muscle gained. But its unsustainable for me. Im a lazy dieter. I hate counting calories or macros.

To be honest the time i lost the most weight was when i was meal prepping. Have I mentioned im lazy though? I would make my meals on sunday and eat those every night for dinner. They were all no carb high protein with some sort of veggie side. I should start that again.....

But to answer your question I TRY to keep my calorie intake between 1200-1600 calories a day depending on my workout.
I use My Fitness Pal to not only track calories but my macros as well.
meal prep is the only way I can win and sustain any kind of fat loss.
Alcohol is my biggest nemesis I'm down to allowing it only 2 days of te week.
Salty crispy snacks are a close second, I just cant have them in the same room with me.
I usually stic to 1400 calories a day. It's slow but sustainable. pretty sure by the end of April I'll be able to ride for 3 days without fatigue. By January 2020 I expect to slog a fully loaded Beta trough 12 miles of sand and be able to pick it up with minimal help.
Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.
You go where you look!
HOHO
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:37 AM   #50
dravnx
Veteran

AMA #3018349
Contributor +++++++
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: '12 DL650A '15 FJR1300A
Name: Jeff
I learned to modify my diet and lose weight through the Weight Watchers program. It's mostly about tracking your food and modifying your eating habits. Fasting makes you think you are losing weight but it's mostly water. I don't track my food anymore, I just stay aware of what I eat and have good and bad food days. If I have a bad food day, I try and have a few good foods days to make up for it. If I know I'm going out to lunch with the boys, I'll eat a light breakfast and dinner.
I lost 70 lbs on WW, put 20 back on but I've been able to maintain for 5 years now.
It's simple math.
https://www.directavionics.com/
dravnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #51
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Motorcycles: '09 600RR
Name: Axel Foley
Quote:
I have no idea of actual numbers. Routine is just to cook dinner, eat half of it and take the other half for lunch at work the next day. Fits in a small take home container you'd get from a restaurant. Package everything up before I start eating dinner to avoid, "I'll just go back for seconds."
Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:42 AM   #52
Inkman
Not so grizzled.

Motorcycles: Gone.
Name: Kowalski
No calorie counting. No special diets other than laying off the breads. Simply walking 3 miles minimum every day or hiking 4-5 miles per day when it's dry out. Eating less and deciding i don't need to finish everything in front of me along with getting used to that was a huge factor.

Lost over 30lbs in a few months doing the above.

Al
Inkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:52 AM   #53
Kim
KIMMEH!

BARF Moderator - Kitchen Sink
Contributor + + + + + +

Motorcycles: 2017 SV650
Name: Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkman View Post
No calorie counting. No special diets other than laying off the breads. Simply walking 3 miles minimum every day or hiking 4-5 miles per day when it's dry out. Eating less and deciding i don't need to finish everything in front of me along with getting used to that was a huge factor.

Lost over 30lbs in a few months doing the above.

Al

Well done Al!
Hoho
“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” Bob Marley

BARF Terms of Service
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #54
Junkie
gone for now

Contributor + 3%

Motorcycles: n/a
Name:
I typically bicycle to work (7mi/day) which helps, but only so much.

It's significantly faster than Muni
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:10 PM   #55
bootsy
peek-a-boo.....

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: N/A
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
I have no idea of actual numbers. Routine is just to cook dinner, eat half of it and take the other half for lunch at work the next day.
This is, pretty much, my routine, also.

It's the unlimited opportunity to snack is what gets me. I am working on that.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:06 PM   #56
justanotherg20
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2012 Honda CBR250R
Name:
Quote:
Fair, I don't track those but I'm not looking to get to 12% body fat.

Following general rules of eat less bread, more fish/lean chicken, mostly plants.
justanotherg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:39 PM   #57
originalsturge
litre bikes are fun

Contributor
Barf Roadside Angel/ Contributor +

Motorcycles: 13 RC8R touring edition
Name: Dan Sturge
I've dropped 60lbs since August just from not eating crap and being on my bike a majority of the day. Need to start doing some walking daily as well to slowly transition to possibly running(shudder) again. Also seeing the docs at the VA for help has been good too. Have me a caloric intake goal of 1800 cals a day to start with which is the hardest part since I'm staying with friends here in SF that like to cook, at least I'm eating home cooking and just need to ramp up the veggie intake again.
Oh and the biggest thing I've done to help she's weight was quit my job and drop all the stress of work and most living expenses. Basically intentionally unemployed and homeless has been my main weight loss strategy. YMMV

If it wasn't for capital punishment, there wouldn't be a Christian religion.

"The people of the Night understand that the world is a toilet and if you find something that makes you happy before you're flushed, more power to you." Eldritch

"To wave to existing riders is like saying good to see you and hopefully we cross paths again. An agreement that neither rider will do anything to endanger such future passing."-withonor
originalsturge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:02 AM   #58
Inkman
Not so grizzled.

Motorcycles: Gone.
Name: Kowalski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post

Well done Al!
Inkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:03 AM   #59
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor++++++++ +++++++++++++++ ++++++++++3%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalsturge View Post
I've dropped 60lbs since August just from not eating crap and being on my bike a majority of the day. Need to start doing some walking daily as well to slowly transition to possibly running(shudder) again. Also seeing the docs at the VA for help has been good too. Have me a caloric intake goal of 1800 cals a day to start with which is the hardest part since I'm staying with friends here in SF that like to cook, at least I'm eating home cooking and just need to ramp up the veggie intake again.
Oh and the biggest thing I've done to help she's weight was quit my job and drop all the stress of work and most living expenses. Basically intentionally unemployed and homeless has been my main weight loss strategy. YMMV
You must be feeling AWESOME!!!
Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.
You go where you look!
HOHO
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:46 PM   #60
stangmx13
not Stan

Contributor
BrotoGP

Motorcycles: 04' 600RR, 09' 600RR, 15' R6
Name: Robert
Quote:
the thread title says "fit", not "skinny. but a lot of people started off by listing their weights. unfortunately, popular culture has everyone equating weight with fitness, attractiveness, and health. its never that simple.

IMO, losing weight is mostly diet & gaining fitness is mostly working out.
WERA #513 / AFM #513R / MotoAmerica #31
Follow me on IG @rwpierce13
Thanks to: RiderzLaw Vortex
stangmx13 is offline   Reply With Quote