Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-17-2021, 08:28 PM   #1
greenmonster
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2015 BMW R1200RT
Name: Ed
Shout out to Dainese San Francisco

I wanted to share a great experience I had today. It started yesterday when I went to the Dainese store in San Fran and purchased some pants which cost a little more than I wanted to spend but I gulped hard and splurged anyway.
So when I got home I checked the Dainese website since they have sales going on and to my happy surprise I found that the pants I had just paid full price for were on sale for 20% off.
But strangely when I checked the website on my PHONE the sale price showed but on my DESKTOP the sale price did not show - same website I'm pretty sure.
Today I called the store and spoke to the manager, David Kingsley, who took the time to check the Dainese website while he had me on the phone and it didn't show the sale price, so I started thinking I was out of luck.
As a last attempt I took a screenshot of my phone showing the sales price and sent it to David. He promptly emailed back that they would honor the lower price even though there was ambiguity about what the true price should be.
David put me first as a customer and accommodated me even though I didn't have a firm case. The 20% price reduction was significant so I appreciate his actions and wanted to say something.
We hear so much about people getting ripped off or ignored when something like this happens - not this time, not this store.

Last edited by greenmonster; 01-17-2021 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: Clarity
greenmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:16 AM   #2
Bumpits
Veteran

Motorcycles: Aprilia Tuono
Name: Danny
Pretty much any store will give you the discount within the returnable period after a purchase. Dainese sales people usually tell you that to stop you from waiting for something to go on sale.
Bumpits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:13 AM   #3
greenmonster
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2015 BMW R1200RT
Name: Ed
True but in this case the reduced price only appeared when I looked it up on my phone.
greenmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:14 PM   #4
Momo-san
Peachy!

AMA #: 3163073
Contributor +++ 1%

Motorcycles: Yamaha Tracer 900GT Fondly remembered exes:DRZ400SM; the Supertanker (DR650); Kawi z750; Ninja5
Name: Jeanette
I've always had good experiences there, and it's great to support your local brick and mortar gear shops when you can

Death Valley
Nicaragua
Momo-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:49 PM   #5
mrzuzzo
Veteran

Contributor +

Motorcycles: The one outside of Starbucks
Name: Victor
Same here, have bought a ton of stuff there including a skiing jacket. Great store, great staff.
mrzuzzo is online now   Reply With Quote