BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Notices

Old 07-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
sfBret

Motorcycles: CBR 900rr Streetfighter
Name:
Buell XB12Ss Qs: Any BARF Members Own or Ride One?

I've had my eye on a Buell XB12Ss (longer version of frame/ subframe) for a while now. Mostly for city riding and occasional weekend riding.

I'm wondering if anyone on here has this model and, if so, how it's been aging. Any information or connection to someone with this bike would be greatly appreciated.

sfBret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
Paulo666
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2013 Daytona 675
Name: Paul
Bret you might wanna checkout my friends ad in motos for sale. its a 2006 Buell XB12R and its super clean with 7k miles always garaged.
Paulo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
KrustyKruser
El Chingon

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 2013 Zero DS 13.0 Enginecycles: DucAudi and Buell
Name:
I can't help with that model, but my XB9R is a wonderful machine. Only needed an O2 sensor replaced in 9 years. Lots of people still wander over to it. Check out badweatherbikers for Buell info.

Just cause your piece is at the gunsmith, it doesn't mean you're not a gunfighter. You need a back-up piece. ↔ russ69
KrustyKruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
redtail
only ones and zeroes

Contributor + +

Motorcycles: <LIFE><! Ride until..></LIFE>
Name: Jon
I had an 2005 XB12s Buell that I really liked. It had a few electrical issues but was a great bike. One of the easier bikes to work on, although it was a mix of standard and metric so you'll need both type of wrenches.

BTW, if you get it, let me know because I still have two in-the-box Buell oil filters I'll donate to your cause for free.
redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
firstbuell
GO! 04,16,23,31,64,69,95

BARF Moderator: Fan Racing Forum

Motorcycles: 99 Buell M2 Cyclone;06 KTM 450 EXC-plated!;04 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Disc;19 Wilier Cento1Hy
Name: Curt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfBret View Post
I've had my eye on a Buell XB12Ss (longer version of frame/ subframe) for a while now. Mostly for city riding and occasional weekend riding.

I'm wondering if anyone on here has this model and, if so, how it's been aging. Any information or connection to someone with this bike would be greatly appreciated.

2008-2010 models have improved oiling & other upgrades

pricing's likely $3-5k

few [if any] "aging" concerns are unique to Ss version

a select few local independents & H-D dealers actively support XBs

tools req'd include TORX, metric allens, metric bolts, US allens, US bolts, fish scale

"The only good thing about 2020 is MotoGP is fucking awesome"
budman

"Doohan Keeps Beating Injured Schwantz"
roadracingworld.com
firstbuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
sfBret

Motorcycles: CBR 900rr Streetfighter
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo666 View Post
Bret you might wanna checkout my friends ad in motos for sale. its a 2006 Buell XB12R and its super clean with 7k miles always garaged.
Thanks Paulo! I'm a bigger guys and the Ss is the model I'm trying to locate just to test ergos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrustyKruser View Post
I can't help with that model, but my XB9R is a wonderful machine. Only needed an O2 sensor replaced in 9 years. Lots of people still wander over to it. Check out badweatherbikers for Buell info.
Great to hear! I've been finding more and more people with later model Buells who really love them. I'm specifically looking at it as an urban commuter machine. Seems like a perfect bike for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail183 View Post
I had an 2005 XB12s Buell that I really liked. It had a few electrical issues but was a great bike. One of the easier bikes to work on, although it was a mix of standard and metric so you'll need both type of wrenches.

Not looking forward to having to stock up on SAE stuff. Seems like I would need to for sure.

BTW, if you get it, let me know because I still have two in-the-box Buell oil filters I'll donate to your cause for free.
Will do! And thank you for the kind offer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbuell View Post
2008-2010 models have improved oiling & other upgrades

pricing's likely $3-5k

few [if any] "aging" concerns are unique to Ss version

a select few local independents & H-D dealers actively support XBs

tools req'd include TORX, metric allens, metric bolts, US allens, US bolts, fish scale
Awesome information. I've always loved the unique look and I'm excited to find one locally -- hopefully owned by a BARFer -- so I can have a sit and maybe even a quick test run.

Cheers again all!
sfBret is offline   Reply With Quote