BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > Covid - 19, What We Know


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2021, 09:05 PM   #196
DucatiHoney
 
DucatiHoney's Avatar
 
AMA #: 1028914
BARF Admin
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Oakland
Motorcycles: 1994 M900 Ducati
Name: Heather
Thanks, gents. The pause for and consideration of my words are very much appreciated.

Now are we gonna talk about some virus all up in here or what?
__________________


9
s h e l t e r w e r k architecture.design
live::::work::::motorcycles
DucatiHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:14 PM   #197
budman
General Menace
 
budman's Avatar
 
AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Palo Alto, Ca.
Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
The virus sucks.

Get the vaccines out dammit!!

I have a feeling we won’t get shit straight until the beginning of ‘22 the way it is going and we will see more vaccine that has been produced go to waste.
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:47 AM   #198
Climber
Veteran
 
Climber's Avatar
 
BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clovis/Fresno
Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiHoney View Post
Thanks, gents. The pause for and consideration of my words are very much appreciated.

Now are we gonna talk about some virus all up in here or what?
How could we not? You've been a class act for years, you could ban us and we'd feel honored in the process.
__________________
Northern and Central Cal Motorcycle incidents: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents.

Graph and Table I built for seeing state Covid19 data:
Covid19 Visualization graph and table. **NOTE** Using John Hopkins data data, shows State, Country & County data.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:34 AM   #199
Climber
Veteran
 
Climber's Avatar
 
BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clovis/Fresno
Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
Just heard on the news that 80% of caregivers at senior facilities are refusing to get vaccinated.

Personally, I think that if you work at one of the facilities and you refuse to get vaccinated, then there are plenty of people who are out of work who would be happy to take your place.
__________________
Northern and Central Cal Motorcycle incidents: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents.

Graph and Table I built for seeing state Covid19 data:
Covid19 Visualization graph and table. **NOTE** Using John Hopkins data data, shows State, Country & County data.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:25 AM   #200
Agent Orange
The b0y ninja
 
Agent Orange's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Contributor

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Daly City, CA
Motorcycles: None
Name:
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/cali...llout/2449976/

Make it fucking happen already.
__________________
All your base are belong to BARF.
Agent Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:36 AM   #201
CDONA
Home of Vortex tuning
 
CDONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Based in Spearfish SD. rolled over there >
Motorcycles: Triumph scrambler, TW200, Monkey
Name: # 44659
I heard of some blowback on out of state residents in Florida getting passed over in the vaccine line for not having a local address ID.
If true, , ,

As a snowbirder, that line has been drawn for me, life or death.
without BARF love.
__________________
"Chip Tank" in Hope Az.

All I want for Xmas is my two vaccines

Started hammerin' Honda 90's around Berryessa, Summer of Love '67

Last edited by CDONA; 01-22-2021 at 09:38 AM..
CDONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:42 AM   #202
Climber
Veteran
 
Climber's Avatar
 
BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clovis/Fresno
Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDONA View Post
I heard of some blowback on out of state residents in Florida getting passed over in the vaccine line for not having a local address ID.
If true, , ,

As a snowbirder, that line has been drawn for me, life or death.
without BARF love.
From my understanding, there are a bunch of people flying down to Florida to get vaccinated, thus the requirements for local ID.

Vaccine tourism.
__________________
Northern and Central Cal Motorcycle incidents: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents.

Graph and Table I built for seeing state Covid19 data:
Covid19 Visualization graph and table. **NOTE** Using John Hopkins data data, shows State, Country & County data.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:36 AM   #203
CDONA
Home of Vortex tuning
 
CDONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Based in Spearfish SD. rolled over there >
Motorcycles: Triumph scrambler, TW200, Monkey
Name: # 44659
That is what they talked about, vaccine tourism, just a new media term.
vs. snowbirds.

Still, all of it boils down to a valid local ID.
__________________
"Chip Tank" in Hope Az.

All I want for Xmas is my two vaccines

Started hammerin' Honda 90's around Berryessa, Summer of Love '67

Last edited by CDONA; 01-22-2021 at 10:39 AM..
CDONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:29 AM   #204
GAJ
Veteran
 
GAJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SANTA ROSA
Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
Speaking of Covid and Florida.

Anecdotal but troubling.

From my friend regarding the location of my last in restaurant meal in March of this year.

Got this message this morning.



"So every time we are in Orlando for a 2 week stint we order take out from the local pub which you went to, Delaney’s Tavern, (in downtown Orlando, neighborhood area).

Prior to covid we would actually go and sit and eat/drink as we did when you were here on the very cusp of covid, the place on a weekend was packed, standing room at the bar, every table filled. On weekdays it might have been half full.

Initially during lockdown of course it was empty save for a take-out station. Then there would be a brave couple or maybe two at the bar, 20 feet away from each other, and maybe another couple sitting at an outdoor table.

Then there would be a half-full bar with spaces to distance patrons, with maybe 2 or three tables inside with diners, another two or three outside.

I walked up last night to grab take-out, the bar was ¾ full, indoor tables were at maybe 50% capacity and outdoors were ¾ full. Basically almost a pre-covid weeknight crowd as it was gorgeous weather and outside was a good choice independent of covid fears.

Tonite I imagine it will be packed.

Nancy is like “WTF is wrong with these people?” and I said “whatever, so long as they want to sacrifice themselves to keep the places I like in business then it’s all good.”
GAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:25 PM   #205
ctwo
Merely Rhetorical
 
ctwo's Avatar
 
Respectful Contributor

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: auf der motobahn
Motorcycles: motato
Name: Heyou
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDONA View Post
That is what they talked about, vaccine tourism, just a new media term.
vs. snowbirds.

Still, all of it boils down to a valid local ID.
I thought requiring an ID was, racist?
__________________
The wise speak when they have something to say.
Fools speak when they have to say something.
ctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:05 PM   #206
berth
Veteran
 
berth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Orange County
Motorcycles: KRS-1200
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAJ View Post
I walked up last night to grab take-out, the bar was ¾ full, indoor tables were at maybe 50% capacity and outdoors were ¾ full. Basically almost a pre-covid weeknight crowd as it was gorgeous weather and outside was a good choice independent of covid fears.
There's a place not a mile from me that's like this.

Parking lot full, cars up and down both sides of the street. This is normal for them.

We're not aloud to even eat out doors, though some places are thumbing their noses at that too.

The bar is to blame, to be sure, but clearly there is no enforcement.

This isn't some speakeasy, some hush hush quiet there where heads just look the other way, it's clear and obvious.

Right now I'm sure it's both football driven as well as probably "it's the only place to go" kind of thing.
__________________
#69 #45 NP
berth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:33 PM   #207
GAJ
Veteran
 
GAJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SANTA ROSA
Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by berth View Post
There's a place not a mile from me that's like this.

Parking lot full, cars up and down both sides of the street. This is normal for them.

We're not aloud to even eat out doors, though some places are thumbing their noses at that too.

The bar is to blame, to be sure, but clearly there is no enforcement.

This isn't some speakeasy, some hush hush quiet there where heads just look the other way, it's clear and obvious.

Right now I'm sure it's both football driven as well as probably "it's the only place to go" kind of thing.
It sure seems like we will be having surges/spikes all the way until the middle of summer at least as a result.
GAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 04:53 PM   #208
Caddywumpus
4N631
 
Caddywumpus's Avatar
 
AMA#: 2809543
Contributor
Roadside Angel

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Grove
Motorcycles: Happy
Name: o'/<
California is dead last. And we are hiding information regarding icu capacity
__________________
The adventure is in the rider, not the bike.
Get Trained! www.goldenstatemoto.com
My dad used to own a Buell, until one day when he accidentally left his garage open overnight. Now he owns three.

Delay gratification and exercise financial responsibility, you say?
Why do you hate America?
RIP Mahito. 11/7/2010 AMA #2809543
Caddywumpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:25 PM   #209
gixxerjeff
Dogs best friend
 
gixxerjeff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Santa Rosa
Motorcycles: Some fast ones and some dirty ones.
Name: Derp
My company arranged for us to be vaccinated next week. They even scheduled appointments for each of us spread out throughout the week. Mine is this Tuesday at 12:15 and my second dose is scheduled for Feb 23. We are all pretty happy and grateful as we have been living/working in harms way for quite some time now. Personally I am glad to see the vaccinations finally moving forward. Count me as one who has recently gained confidence in the process and the efficacy of the vaccines.
__________________
Luck is the residue of desire.

You must be fast because I was hauling ass when I passed you.

Rich Cox
I miss you Rich.
gixxerjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:09 AM   #210
GAJ
Veteran
 
GAJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SANTA ROSA
Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjeff View Post
My company arranged for us to be vaccinated next week. They even scheduled appointments for each of us spread out throughout the week. Mine is this Tuesday at 12:15 and my second dose is scheduled for Feb 23. We are all pretty happy and grateful as we have been living/working in harms way for quite some time now. Personally I am glad to see the vaccinations finally moving forward. Count me as one who has recently gained confidence in the process and the efficacy of the vaccines.


Great news Jeff.

You probably saw this explanation in today's PD of the mess locally.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...sonoma-county/
GAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.