BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Classifieds > Cars / Trucks / Trailers / RV's / etc.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
braidside
Rookie

Motorcycles: '02 VFR 800, '02 CBR 954rr
Name: Matt
2005 Chevy Express 3500 cargo van w/ motorcycle chocks

This is a great turn-key trackday van. Rest in peace knowing your bikes are secure in the cargohold. Stop fretting about about that "trailer speed limit". Leave your tent at home, and just bring a sleeping bag.

Here is a workhorse van that is outfitted for transporting motorcycles, or whatever needs you have. I bought this van two years ago and outfit it for track days. My interest in that waned, but I continued to use it for beach trips. It’s way too much truck for my beach needs, so looking to sell this and get something a little more reasonable. I just got back from a 3500 mile adventure through Baja with this van. It ran strong and long for the whole trip. I had no worries about reliability nor its ability to haul my gear around.

This is a 1-ton chassis box van with a strong engine and a tow package. It will haul anything you throw at it. You could fill the box with stuff and then hook a trailer up to the back.

- 08/2017 - paid A1 Auto Tech to repair AC, replace brake pads, do a full fluid flush, and run a whole suite of diagnostics. All of the diagnostics came back with flying colors - the engine is tuned well with fresh wires and clean and efficient internals. This van will easily go another 50,000 miles without any major maintenance.
- 10/2017 - Brand new battery installed
- Oil changes every 3000 miles
- Tires have >80% life left. They are good, rugged tires.
- 227xxx miles, which will go up as I still use this van regularly
- Clean title
- Smog passed 01/2019, registration paid to 2020.
- AC was refilled 08/2017, but it has a slow leak and does not blow cold
- 4x 12,000lb D-rings installed on the rear bumper for chaining payload to for safety.
- Alpine receiver with bluetooth, CD, and usb mp3 player
- The van has some “electrical gremlins” such that the left-speaker does not work (only the right), also the front right blinker does not work sometimes. - - The keyless entry fob works fine, which is the biggest electrical convenience I’m interested in.
- The autocheck.com report I got when I bought the van (I can email you a copy) shows that it has reported some accidents. This caused some cosmetic damage to the front bumper, but otherwise I have not noticed.

$4,000

Pictures

Call or text (650) 729-1762

Last edited by braidside; 01-11-2019 at 05:52 PM..
braidside is offline   Reply With Quote