BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Non Moto Activities


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #61
MrIncredible
Is fintastic
 
MrIncredible's Avatar
 
The Mountain King
Contributor +++++++
Barf Roadside Angel Contributor

Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the hall of the mountain king
Motorcycles: Yamaha Seca
Name: Dave
Daily driver

'62 falcon with a 302. Steel crank, roller cam, various bits and pieces-5 speed, disc brakes, front sway bar, upper control arms lowered. Needs pant and interior work.







__________________
This is an insult to the Pez community.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
-the Dalai Lama
MrIncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #62
CABilly
Splitter
 
CABilly's Avatar
 
Contributor + + + + + + + + +

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bay Area
Motorcycles: M900
Name: Billy
I'll post some pics of the Capri when I get home.

I think it'll be a lifelong project..
CABilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #63
Riderred
Veteran
 
Riderred's Avatar
 
Founding Member

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Portland
Motorcycles: 1992 Seca II(long gone), 1996 FZR600(melted in garage fire), 2003 SV650s (Sold), 2005 zx-6r 636
Name: Ryno
I've go a '68 Firebird like that...lifelong project!

(http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums...p?albumid=1716)

Last edited by Riderred; 05-10-2010 at 01:07 PM..
Riderred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #64
72SBC
Doesn't really care
 
72SBC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: I really donít know anymore
Motorcycles: A Potato
Name: Ken-O
Quote:
Originally Posted by CABilly View Post
I'll post some pics of the Capri when I get home.

I think it'll be a lifelong project..
Oooh Capri's are Kewl
72SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #65
Challenger
Newbie
 
Challenger's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Jose
Motorcycles: Kawasaki ZX12R, Ducati 1098, Ducati 998
Name: Hasse
Here's my muscle-ish ride.. '70 Challenger R/T, originally 383 w/ manual.. nowadays 500 w/ manual.
Undergoes some upgrades in coming months e.g. new engine just waits to be yanked in (540cid Indy +B1 heads), BDS injection, 4-link, Viper seats inside and some more.. and little bit more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mountain_pic.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	338439   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine_small.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	338441   Click image for larger version

Name:	pacific.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	338443  
Challenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:51 AM   #66
72SBC
Doesn't really care
 
72SBC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: I really donít know anymore
Motorcycles: A Potato
Name: Ken-O
How fast you plan on going?
72SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #67
Challenger
Newbie
 
Challenger's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Jose
Motorcycles: Kawasaki ZX12R, Ducati 1098, Ducati 998
Name: Hasse
None, just to show off the overhood goodies

Seriously... don't know, it depends on the traction. I already have pretty bad traction with 4sp and 3.91 rear end, tends to burn tires even with 1-2 gear. The iron block is just too heavy in the front, weight distribution something like 44-56 roughly so not too good.
It goes what it goes, not really too much headache on that.. the engine pulls 1000hp with 6psi and I'll take it to 10-12psi
Challenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #68
72SBC
Doesn't really care
 
72SBC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: I really donít know anymore
Motorcycles: A Potato
Name: Ken-O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
None, just to show off the overhood goodies

Seriously... don't know, it depends on the traction. I already have pretty bad traction with 4sp and 3.91 rear end, tends to burn tires even with 1-2 gear. The iron block is just too heavy in the front, weight distribution something like 44-56 roughly so not too good.
It goes what it goes, not really too much headache on that.. the engine pulls 1000hp with 6psi and I'll take it to 10-12psi

1000hp?on 6psi? What size blower is that? How much compression? What size carbs? Cam?
72SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #69
CABilly
Splitter
 
CABilly's Avatar
 
Contributor + + + + + + + + +

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bay Area
Motorcycles: M900
Name: Billy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72SBC View Post
Oooh Capri's are Kewl
This one's a driver. 302, headers, roller rockers, 650 carb, 9" rear, etc.

As much as I'd like to beef up the HP, my first priority is wheels/brakes/suspension. Those pizza cutters just aren't doing it for me, and the brake pads up front are seriously tiny.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	338504   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	338505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	338506   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	338507  
CABilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #70
Challenger
Newbie
 
Challenger's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Jose
Motorcycles: Kawasaki ZX12R, Ducati 1098, Ducati 998
Name: Hasse
Short block is 8,5:1 with Wiseco's , O-ringed block (Indy Maxx aluminum block)
Callies crank, H-beam rods.. all polished
Cam is mech roller with +.700 lift and I'm going to run it with the BDS fuel injection, Carbs are just for back-up
Blower is 12-71

Also what goes in is shortened Dana 60 with MW heady duty axles, 4.10 gear with spool.. should be good for 2000hp
I'll rework the wheelwells to frame rails, that's free up room for 14,5-15,5" tire.. not wanting to do full rear end rework.
Front, coil over conversion, support braces from firewall to front + attachment for motor plate

Being all my life stick car man, in goes prepped TF727... some other lighweight stuff into front and heavy weight in back (e.g. Stock guys are even using some led plated to get better weight distribution).. but I'll just yank decent subwoofer and amps to back

soo, it's still going to be a "let's go for Coldstone"-driver... a bit more radical to stock though
Challenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #71
Kalamari Kid
Veteran
 
Kalamari Kid's Avatar
 
Founding Member

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Disco Bay
Motorcycles: grom
Name: D-WHO?
The grape is nice
__________________
Young Will
Showtime
Kalamari Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #72
72SBC
Doesn't really care
 
72SBC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: I really donít know anymore
Motorcycles: A Potato
Name: Ken-O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Short block is 8,5:1 with Wiseco's , O-ringed block (Indy Maxx aluminum block)
Callies crank, H-beam rods.. all polished
Cam is mech roller with +.700 lift and I'm going to run it with the BDS fuel injection, Carbs are just for back-up
Blower is 12-71

Also what goes in is shortened Dana 60 with MW heady duty axles, 4.10 gear with spool.. should be good for 2000hp
I'll rework the wheelwells to frame rails, that's free up room for 14,5-15,5" tire.. not wanting to do full rear end rework.
Front, coil over conversion, support braces from firewall to front + attachment for motor plate

Being all my life stick car man, in goes prepped TF727... some other lighweight stuff into front and heavy weight in back (e.g. Stock guys are even using some led plated to get better weight distribution).. but I'll just yank decent subwoofer and amps to back

soo, it's still going to be a "let's go for Coldstone"-driver... a bit more radical to stock though

Ah 12-71... the pic looked like a 8-71 I was about to call some b.s.


Slap some 10.5's on it and have fun.. no need for a bigger tire.. im on x9's
72SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #73
72SBC
Doesn't really care
 
72SBC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: I really donít know anymore
Motorcycles: A Potato
Name: Ken-O
Quote:
Originally Posted by CABilly View Post
This one's a driver. 302, headers, roller rockers, 650 carb, 9" rear, etc.

As much as I'd like to beef up the HP, my first priority is wheels/brakes/suspension. Those pizza cutters just aren't doing it for me, and the brake pads up front are seriously tiny.


Thats one ugly bitch.....but its cool when they are fast , I thought you had a 80's Capi.
72SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #74
wilit
Veteran
 
wilit's Avatar
 
Contributor +

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 37.78514į N 122.40100į W
Motorcycles: '01 SV650S '01 WR250F
Name: Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
'62 falcon with a 302. Steel crank, roller cam, various bits and pieces-5 speed, disc brakes, front sway bar, upper control arms lowered. Needs pant and interior work.







That is awesome.
__________________
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom." - Malcom X
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin
"Americans need never fear their government because of the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation." - James Madison
wilit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #75
Challenger
Newbie
 
Challenger's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Jose
Motorcycles: Kawasaki ZX12R, Ducati 1098, Ducati 998
Name: Hasse
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72SBC View Post
Ah 12-71... the pic looked like a 8-71 I was about to call some b.s.


Slap some 10.5's on it and have fun.. no need for a bigger tire.. im on x9's
Well, 31*10.5 would be pretty good as 28*12,5 ET Streets just didn't do the job
I'm going more toward 29*15 but that's for street use. Maybe one day to try out at infineon how the tranny blows

Damn, I have a friend that uses same block, 477cid and some older Indy heads, twin turbo at around 6-8psi in a '67 Plymouth Vip body. Just dynoed 1570hp and +2000nm torque !!! Maybe I should throw that pump away and go with turbo's (he actually ran 7.89 1/4mile with that 3500lb body ha ha)

Last edited by Challenger; 05-11-2010 at 08:34 PM..
Challenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.