BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Dirty BARFing

Old 03-06-2016, 09:31 PM   #1201
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390, ST1100 and couple more...
Name: CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWeezyXB12 View Post
You wouldn't happen to have an extra stock rear link would you? I bought my yz with the yamalink on it and the bike is just too low. I mean I'm a big guy but I bottom out off jumps that arnt that big because I can't get much travel. I think it lowers the bike an 1 1/2-2inches and I'm just looking for more
Nope, no link. I wonder if the PO also lowered the spring rate? I can check my spares to see if I still have the old spring. Not sure of its rate, but I think it was stock. Yours free if I still have it and you want it.

Want some free plastics and airbox?

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:36 PM   #1202
byke
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: gas
Name: penorface
Kyle, if you would, measure the ID of the open end and the OD of the closed end and then eye to eye. I don't have one specifically for a yz250, but I have a couple others and you never know.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:10 PM   #1203
KWeezyXB12
SKRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!!

Motorcycles: 2002 yz 250
Name: Kyle
I'll have to check it. Don't think I have anything to measure with though. Most of my tools are in sj
Old 03-07-2016, 09:42 AM   #1204
thedub
Octane Socks

AMA #: 2952025

Motorcycles: R6, KTM 300, Tiger 800, KTM 500
Name: Wiles
Put on a new front tire last night after cleaning all the mud of the bike from yesterday's sloppy ride. Another Bridgestone M59; took the last one off after 891 miles/48.5 hrs.

I'm getting much better and changing tires with the Tubliss system. At this point I would say it's actually easier than wrestling with a UHD tube.

AFM #77
Thanks for the support;
Sidi|Motion Pro|C@TT|Vortex|Shoei
thedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #1205
anytwowilldo
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: XR-400 (plated), RM-250, R1150RT
Name: Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandF4i View Post
Been busy with the YZ lately...... Updated to the new style plastics from the 2016 model. Built some new wheels and intalled new bearings, tires, sprockets and chain. Went with an 18" rear. If it keeps raining this week, will probably pull the jug to inspect and at very least throw in some new rings. Gotta be ready for Stonybarf6!
Damn that thing looks great CJ. I'd love to have a 2-smoke for Stony.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:10 PM   #1206
2strokeYardSale
Moab on my mind

Contributor +

Motorcycles: shouldn't have cams!
Name: Yard Sale
I would like to go back to a stock pipe. My Gnarly is gnarled and dented and it's all bottom to mid, then the bike dies on top. Which is fine for tight single track.

I put the new petcock in the XR100 and it's good to go with no leaking. It's back on craigslist.
2strokeYardSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:19 PM   #1207
KWeezyXB12
SKRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!!

Motorcycles: 2002 yz 250
Name: Kyle
Pre stony inspection. Filter getting cleaned tomorrow and fresh oil within the next week or so
Old 03-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #1208
2strokeYardSale
Moab on my mind

Contributor +

Sold my stock 19" rear wheel. That means I'll probably get another 18" and have one set up for a UHD tube and one with a Tubliss.

Kenda Parker on Tubliss? Hybrid on tube? Vice versa?
Old 03-13-2016, 04:32 PM   #1209
SM610
Veteran

Motorcycles: TTR 125 L, 08 WR250F, the rest are all gone...
Name:
Did first valve check on the WR. No adjustment needed. Spark plug was rusty. :| How the hell does water get THERE? The plug/coil seals the opening at the top of the valve cover. The drain hole was not clogged...

Then I was so bored that I recut the worn frame protection stickers I made, and put those on again. Byke says I'm "anal" and he likes that.

I aspire to be the person that my dog thinks I am.
(Rest in peace my sweet girl Paioli 1/21/13)
(And Fossil, Paioli's pal 4/6/17)
SM610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:05 AM   #1210
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390, ST1100 and couple more...
Name: CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokeYardSale View Post
Sold my stock 19" rear wheel. That means I'll probably get another 18" and have one set up for a UHD tube and one with a Tubliss.

Kenda Parker on Tubliss? Hybrid on tube? Vice versa?
I'd be curious what you think of the Kenda Parker. Have you run it yet? Its one of the few desert tires I dont have any experience with. I was going to try it this past winter in Baja, but went back to the tried and true Maxxis desert IT. Was less than impressed with the wear on the Desert IT this time. Dont know if they changed the compound on it or what. Pretty much toast after this years trip. Just about all offroad, less than 150-75 miles on the pavement (and aired up for that short bit). I remember them lasting longer previously. Then again, I didt get any flats and did put 800 + miles on it. Dunno... Considered the Motoz Desert IT, but you can buy 2 Maxxis, and 3 Kenda Trackmasters for the price of one of those...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM610 View Post

Then I was so bored that I recut the worn frame protection stickers I made, and put those on again. Byke says I'm "anal" and he likes that.

Was thinking of doing that myself. What material are you using for your frame protectors?

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy

Last edited by OaklandF4i; 03-14-2016 at 05:09 AM..
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:53 AM   #1211
SM610
Veteran

Motorcycles: TTR 125 L, 08 WR250F, the rest are all gone...
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandF4i View Post
I'd be curious what you think of the Kenda Parker. Have you run it yet? Its one of the few desert tires I dont have any experience with. I was going to try it this past winter in Baja, but went back to the tried and true Maxxis desert IT. Was less than impressed with the wear on the Desert IT this time. Dont know if they changed the compound on it or what. Pretty much toast after this years trip. Just about all offroad, less than 150-75 miles on the pavement (and aired up for that short bit). I remember them lasting longer previously. Then again, I didt get any flats and did put 800 + miles on it. Dunno... Considered the Motoz Desert IT, but you can buy 2 Maxxis, and 3 Kenda Trackmasters for the price of one of those...

Was thinking of doing that myself. What material are you using for your frame protectors?
You can buy large sheets of sticker material at some Moto shops in various colors, I got white. Try cycle gear. It's not ideal, too thin. Now I'm building up a couple layers. I made a template with blue maskng tape and cut with scissors. Make the template way bigger than you think you need. Wrap it around corners so that the edges don't lift or peel.

I aspire to be the person that my dog thinks I am.
(Rest in peace my sweet girl Paioli 1/21/13)
(And Fossil, Paioli's pal 4/6/17)

Last edited by SM610; 03-14-2016 at 07:57 AM..
SM610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #1212
byke
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: gas
Name: penorface
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM610 View Post
Ha, guilty! Speaking of that, you 'riding' this weekend?
Old 03-15-2016, 09:52 PM   #1213
2strokeYardSale
Moab on my mind

Contributor +

Took out the lowering link from the new (to me) beastie I purchased yesterday and put in the stock linkage, freshly greased.

The bike also has a tall seat and I have legs like Cotton Hill. Look at all the fucks I give.

This bike has a Pirelli MT-43 trials-like rear, so new it still has sipes. And a full titanium exhaust, header to muffler. I've got a quiet insert coming but if it doesn't work, it's going up for sale, or better yet getting crushed. I'm debating whether to put a mousse in the front with a Kenda Parker DT.

I'm also looking for a rack that will let me use my Wolfman beta bag and not melt it on the muffler.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:07 AM   #1214
calinative
Veteran

Motorcycles: a-buncha-beaters '
Name: Terry
Took the carb. off my step-sons 2001 yz426 to clean & make some adjustments to make it more friendly,according to what I saw on the internet, I'm going to have my hands full getting it to start and idle better but, there is a solution so, we'll see.
Started the re-assembly of my 2003 gasgas de300,can anyone tell me WHY it came with head and taillight and a brake light switch and a fork lock yet it ( as far as I know) is not at least 49 state legal for the street? Hopefully I'll have it going for stony., it sure is a fun woods bike and waaaaaaaaay better than my old trusty rusty dr350.
I love the smell of bean oil in the morning.
calinative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:56 AM   #1215
thedub
Octane Socks

AMA #: 2952025

Motorcycles: R6, KTM 300, Tiger 800, KTM 500
Name: Wiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by calinative View Post
...2003 gasgas de300,can anyone tell me WHY it came with head and taillight and a brake light switch and a fork lock yet it ( as far as I know) is not at least 49 state legal for the street?...
Probably because Europe.
AFM #77
Thanks for the support;
Sidi|Motion Pro|C@TT|Vortex|Shoei
thedub is offline   Reply With Quote