BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Classifieds > Moto Wanted

Old 11-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #1
optimum_malarky
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2016 BMW S1000xr, 2012 Moto Guzzi Griso 1200se
Name:
Clean Griso 1100/1200

Seems like I have several bikes that I'd be happy to wheel into my garage!

Does anyone have a Griso 1100/1200 they are interested in moving?

I'm looking for less than 25k miles at around <$5000.

Just missed one in Sacramento... Any others collecting dust?
optimum_malarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
Rumbo Sur
learning everyday

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: DR650, Ducati HyperStrada, .
Name: Patrick
Be sure to check SoCal area too. The Griso is a highly UNDER appreciated bike, IMO. Like all Guzzi's ... awkward and ponderous at first but once adapted to, not bad at all.

On the Griso ... very important to get the suspension set up right for your weight. It's going to feel VERY weird next to your XR BMW ... don't panic. It gets better with time!

Once set up ... surprisingly capable on technical back roads.

Guzzi: an acquired taste!

Good hunting!
Rumbo Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:43 PM   #3
Erbuck
Power Lurker

Contributor

Motorcycles: A red one or a yellow one
Name: Eric
Not a Griso but.....

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=521937
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Guzzi.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	503845  
Erbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:36 AM   #4
optimum_malarky
Veteran

Name:
UPDATE: Found a Griso and put it in my garage!
Old 01-06-2019, 09:23 PM   #5
Nastorey

Motorcycles: K1300S (c) R1200RT (c) Multistrada K1200S R1100R NC30 GPz750 GPz305 DT80
Name:
How is the Griso treating you? I've got an itch for one to go with my RT and K13s and I'm interested in your impressions. The big thing for me is "ease of use", by that I mean I keep coming back to BMW because they just work, they perform very well, are built beautifully and the dealers are (not cheap) but very good. I ride 10k a year, so the bike has to work. I like bikes with character for sure, but there is a big difference between character and being a pain in the ass. That is why I sold my Ducati, didn't bond with it and too much work. Anyway, thanks for the therapy session ......... phew.
Nastorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:36 PM   #6
optimum_malarky
Veteran

Name:
You know, I had some electrical gremlins with my 1100 Griso, which ended up being nothing but a "new" battery that wasn't holding a charge. Once I got the issue sorted, no bike I've recently owned has made me feel that joy I felt when I rode my first bike like the Guzzi -- you just want to keep cruising with it! I've never gotten so many compliments and questions from people when parked, gassing or just idling at a stoplight. I loved the bike so much that I sought out a newer 1200 Griso SE, because I'm a complete convert. Like BMW, the few jobs I've had to do on the bike haven't been cheap, but it's a keeper and much more of a visceral riding experience than most anything I've previously owned!

I hope that helps!
Old 01-08-2019, 09:20 PM   #7
Nastorey

Motorcycles: K1300S (c) R1200RT (c) Multistrada K1200S R1100R NC30 GPz750 GPz305 DT80
Name:
Thanks that's great to hear. Bike personality is key and all too rare. Of course, now I'm buggered .... now to figure out if the boss will allow 3 bikes.
Nastorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #8
fraktv
Rookie

Motorcycles: sv1000s, R6
Name:
Griso

I love mine, it was actually a replacement to the silver V11 w/aftermarket headlight that I sold awhile back.

fraktv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:02 AM   #9
optimum_malarky
Veteran

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraktv View Post
I love mine, it was actually a replacement to the silver V11 w/aftermarket headlight that I sold awhile back.

Fraktv, I love the blacked out headlight bucket and am interested in the turn-signals. Could you tell me some more about them?
Old 02-08-2019, 02:41 PM   #10
usedtobefast
Veteran

Motorcycles: 990 SMT, 300 XC, Moto Guzzi V7, 450 EXC, F800GT, WeeStrom
Name: David
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastorey View Post
How is the Griso treating you? I've got an itch for one to go with my RT and K13s and I'm interested in your impressions. The big thing for me is "ease of use", by that I mean I keep coming back to BMW because they just work, they perform very well, are built beautifully and the dealers are (not cheap) but very good. I ride 10k a year, so the bike has to work. I like bikes with character for sure, but there is a big difference between character and being a pain in the ass. That is why I sold my Ducati, didn't bond with it and too much work. Anyway, thanks for the therapy session ......... phew.
I was looking for used Grisos ... got tired of waiting and bought a new 2017 one.

They are so simple to work on ... even valve adjustments are very easy. Service cost are a bit high if you go to an official dealer, like $550 for all oils, filter, valve adjustment, check over everything type service.

Spirit (in San Jose) has one and they seem to be pretty cool with test rides.

The suspension is a bit firm and obviously no wind protection, so that kind of makes it a short trip blast bike for me (like 1-4 hr back road ride). Some guys add windshields of various sizes and bags and go on trips with them.

I love the low end pulling power. There is something very different about them, like you enjoy it more than you should.

But I'm not sure if you want to knock back 4 years of 10K miles/yr, 40K miles. Valve check/adjustment is every 6,000 miles. The drivetrain seems to be very reliable, but older Griso's had some electronic dash issues and some sensors go bad.

check out:
https://www.grisoghetto.com/
https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php

if you want to do a ton of research.
usedtobefast is offline   Reply With Quote