Old 10-16-2018, 05:06 PM   #107
RightCoastBias
F8TRED

Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: '14 F800GS
Name: Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXCLM5 View Post
no thread for this weekends race in japan?
Threads have traditionally been started on the Wednesday before the race .
RightCoastBias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #108
kelsodeez
2wheels good 4wheels bad

MotoGP CRC Contributor

Motorcycles: SV650
Name: Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCoastBias View Post
Threads have traditionally been started on the Wednesday before the race .
This. I could start it early, but I was planning on doing it tomorrow. I already have it saved in a word file ready to go
Old 10-16-2018, 05:26 PM   #109
firstbuell
GO! 16,29,45,64,69,95,99

BARF Moderator: Fan Racing Forum

Motorcycles: 99 Buell M2 Cyclone;06 KTM 450 EXC-plated!;04 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Disc;14 Giant Defy Adv 1
Name: Curt
yo, itz only Tues.....

"FTR or nothing"
budman

"Doohan Keeps Beating Injured Schwantz"
roadracingworld.com
firstbuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:47 PM   #110
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbuell View Post
2019 MotoGP Grid - 21 Riders, grid nearly complete

".....22 entries.

The only rider left to be confirmed officially is Tito Rabat.....

Team/Rider-------Bike-------- Contract until

Ecstar Suzuki
Alex Rins Suzuki GSX-RR 2020
Joan Mir Suzuki GSX-RR 2020
I don’t expect Mir to shine. I expect Rins to be better and challenge for quite a few podiums and maybe a shot at a win.

Gresini Aprilia
Aleix Espargaro Aprilia RS-GP 2020
Andrea Iannone Aprilia RS-GP 2020
New Ape or same old can’t challenge for a podium shit?? This team has talent but what the bike is all about is what they will be all about. I am not feeling great success and hope to be surprised.

KTM Factory
Johann Zarco KTM RC16 2020
Pol Espargaro KTM RC16 2020
Can they play?? New Tech? Continued positive development?
My gut says they are committed and we could be surprised by several top fives and maybe a podium.

Factory Ducati
Andrea Dovizioso Ducati GP19 2020
Danilo Petrucci Ducati GP19 2019
One year for Danilo. Step up bro.

Satellite Teams
Pramac Ducati
Pecco Bagnaia Ducati GP18 2020
Jack Miller Ducati GP19 2019
Pecco’s debut. Miller's on the hot seat. Pivotal year in GP and has Ducati set it up to swap D & J based on ‘19 results?
Ancient Alien MotoGP fans ...say yes.

LCR Honda
Cal Crutchlow Honda RC213V 2020
Taka Nakagami Honda RC213V 2019
Give Taka a A- bike FCS. The kid is fast. He is due a real shot.

Tech3 KTM
Miguel Oliveira KTM RC16 2019
Hafizh Syahrin KTM RC16 2019
OK. Let’s see if 4 KTM’s on the grid brings something unexpected.
My bet 4 in the points is a great day. We may see once or twice if orange is lucky.

Petronas SIC Team
Franco Morbidelli Yamaha M1 2019
Fabio Quartararo Yamaha M1 2019
one year deals. Solid bike. Show your stuff boys!

Avintia Ducati
Tito Rabat? Ducati GP18 ?
Karel Abraham Ducati GP18 2020
....."
Go Tito!! Nick loves ya...! I think your cool too.

Karel... Dude you keep hookiing it up.

Enjoy a good year

https://motomatters.com/news/2018/10...21_riders.html
Big 2 teams aside....
My thoughts for ‘19.
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:21 AM   #111
Bassem
Veteran

Moderator: Trackday Forum
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++++++++++++++++

Motorcycles: R6 (track), 510 SMR, Panigale Tricolore
Name: Bassem
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsodeez View Post
This. I could start it early, but I was planning on doing it tomorrow. I already have it saved in a word file ready to go
You're a gentleman and a scholar
AFM #961

BARF TOS
Bassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:57 PM   #112
DonJigweed
Urban Achiever

3% Contributor

Motorcycles: will kill you
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangmx13 View Post
except Mir on Suz, not that diff from Mav going there first back in 2015

im more excited about the rookies in 2019 than any other year since Moto2 was created. I think thats due to fewer shitty Sat RCVs, the GP18 being a solid title-challenger, and KTM's massive investment.
"more excited" than any other year still doesn't tell us how absolutely excited you actually are though. i have to guess about as excited as you were for dani pedrosa's big press conference reveal earlier this year, which is to say about the same level of excitement as when you feel that gas bubble slowly expanding and migrating south from your colon but you're still not quite sure whether it'll be noisy and harmless or silent but deadly.

joan mir? does anyone really think he'll fare any better than rins? and rins can't do shit. essentially, he's a bradley smith.

the suzuki? why would think they'll do any better next year? in fact, at this point the smart money is more likely betting on hamamatsu pulling the plug on this money pit. not gonna happen for another year or two, but it's coming at some point. look for a slight regression and worsening results before they finally pull the plug.

quartararo's not exactly setting the world on fire in moto2, but he's still very young. on decent satellite machinery he might even make things somewhat interesting for a few laps, a la zarco. but this is all dependent on yamaha unfucking themselves.

Olivereira? i like miguel, but his career is fucking over, same as zarco's. that ktm is a hopeless piece of shit. i don't see how anyone can have any confidence that they'll turn it around. zarco will be rotting over there with him unfortunately.

Peco. now this MF could be the one bright spot on the grid. let's hope he'll have a 2019 spec duc.

i really hope yamaha can get their shit together over the winter. it would be nice to see rossi battle it out up front a few times before he's gone. he could probably pick up a win or two if the bike's competitive. vinales i could give two shits about now unfortunately. when the bike's not perfect he's a whiny little bitch. when he puts it on the box he's as bland a personality as dani.

dovi and the duc have probably plateaued. dovi's dovi, he's the consummate professional, great personality too, but in the end, you know no matter what he and gigi do, just ain't no way he's ever gonna beat marquez.

so that leaves lorenzo. i'm guessing in the beginning he's gonna flounder with the honda just like he did with the ducati at first. he'll figure it out at some point after halfway, once marquez has essentially locked up another title. so basically, he'll only be good for his usual jorge drama. yawn.

sigh....maybe after two more titles marc will get bored and someone will convince him to get off the honda. otherwise this is worse than the doohan years....
DonJigweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:10 PM   #113
kelsodeez
2wheels good 4wheels bad

MotoGP CRC Contributor

Motorcycles: SV650
Name: Kelso
Japan Thread
http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums...d.php?t=530571
Old 10-17-2018, 04:22 PM   #114
stangmx13
not Stan

Contributor
BrotoGP

Motorcycles: 04' 600RR, 09' 600RR, 15' R6
Name: Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJigweed View Post
"more excited" than any other year still doesn't tell us how absolutely excited you actually are though. i have to guess about as excited as you were for dani pedrosa's big press conference reveal earlier this year, which is to say about the same level of excitement as when you feel that gas bubble slowly expanding and migrating south from your colon but you're still not quite sure whether it'll be noisy and harmless or silent but deadly.

joan mir? does anyone really think he'll fare any better than rins? and rins can't do shit. essentially, he's a bradley smith.

the suzuki? why would think they'll do any better next year? in fact, at this point the smart money is more likely betting on hamamatsu pulling the plug on this money pit. not gonna happen for another year or two, but it's coming at some point. look for a slight regression and worsening results before they finally pull the plug.

quartararo's not exactly setting the world on fire in moto2, but he's still very young. on decent satellite machinery he might even make things somewhat interesting for a few laps, a la zarco. but this is all dependent on yamaha unfucking themselves.

Olivereira? i like miguel, but his career is fucking over, same as zarco's. that ktm is a hopeless piece of shit. i don't see how anyone can have any confidence that they'll turn it around. zarco will be rotting over there with him unfortunately.

Peco. now this MF could be the one bright spot on the grid. let's hope he'll have a 2019 spec duc.

i really hope yamaha can get their shit together over the winter. it would be nice to see rossi battle it out up front a few times before he's gone. he could probably pick up a win or two if the bike's competitive. vinales i could give two shits about now unfortunately. when the bike's not perfect he's a whiny little bitch. when he puts it on the box he's as bland a personality as dani.

dovi and the duc have probably plateaued. dovi's dovi, he's the consummate professional, great personality too, but in the end, you know no matter what he and gigi do, just ain't no way he's ever gonna beat marquez.

so that leaves lorenzo. i'm guessing in the beginning he's gonna flounder with the honda just like he did with the ducati at first. he'll figure it out at some point after halfway, once marquez has essentially locked up another title. so basically, he'll only be good for his usual jorge drama. yawn.

sigh....maybe after two more titles marc will get bored and someone will convince him to get off the honda. otherwise this is worse than the doohan years....
Mir is probably going to receive the best "intro to GP" out of all these rookies because hes in a factory team. so he'll prob start off a little behind Pecco because the bike is slower and he might be less talented. but he could learn "GP" faster and have a solid shot at rookie of the year. the 2019 bike is better than the 2015 one, so I expect him to do better than Mav did.

Miguel on a KTM is more exciting than Taka and Franco on Sat RCVs because the Sat RCV was a known turd. plus with 4 KTMs on the grid, all the $$ they are spending, and their current position, I expect KTM development to be unrivaled next year.

Pecco isnt getting the 2019 Duc and thats a good thing. he'll have refined setups for every track and lots of help from factory technicians. asking a rookie to find a proper baseline on a new moto in a Sat team is just asking to do poorly.

Fabio is likely screwed because he'll be on the 2018 M1 which might end up being the worst M1 ever. but its prob still better than a Sat RCV
WERA #513 / AFM #513R / MotoAmerica #31
Follow me on IG @rwpierce13
Thanks to: RiderzLaw Vortex
stangmx13 is offline   Reply With Quote