Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman
SX 2019. Coming to us soon!

I LOVE SX!!!

I have from the beginning of the sport. Flying down to the Coliseum in the 80's when I was a MX racer myself.. watching the Euro's come over and give it a go. Hannah, McGrath, Bailey, Glover etc to RC, Villopoto to today's talent.

SX has become the premiere Motorcycle dirt series. A Brutal one at that with gnarly tracks and a gnarly schedule and great action. Saturday nights always include SX...!

Here is some preview info.

youtu.be/9UvJgHQk4bI

youtu.be/VBavV_XoJyY

Super stoked to see what shakes in '19!
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #2
byke
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: gas
Name: penorface
Heck yeah, two weeks from Saturday!!! I was bummed for the off season, but it's really flown by.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390, ST1100 and couple more...
Name: CJ
Hell yeh, thanks for posting the vids Budman!

Curious what folks picks are?

I'm going to say Eli wins the most races again, but Anderson repeats as champ. Or at least thats what I am rooting for.... El HOMbre fan here.

How cool would it be if they mic'd up David Vuillemin for "color" commentary during the races from the floor? Maybe he is the answer Money Marvin needs to complete his game. I never thought Roczen would have come back from injuries the way he did last year. Can he build on that?

Should be a really great start to the season. Seeing Osborne and Plessinger on the 450's is going to be fantastic. Hoping to see some of Justin Hill's potential shine through on the 450. So many great stories to follow.

And the 250's should be WIDE open. Fernandis for a east or west title?

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:44 PM   #4
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Moto Junkie

The Australian SX series is a bit telling.

EL HOMbre showed and rocked it.
Reed is as solid as Brayton

My pick in Ď19. I have to pick Eli.

Like many others in the past that picked Stewart I am picking the fastest dude. Eli is the fastest dude IMO. He is due.

I kind of am thinking BB will step up to a competive level for a run at the top three, but MM is for sure the solid dude to complete the top 3 that are front runners. Roczen is a total question mark for me with great potential. He is literally the only other dude in the mix that I could give a shot at the championship or finish tenth overall. Love to see him kick some ass.
Good luck instead of bad could see him challenge.

One of those 5 will win it. If JB, Hill or another challenges for the title I would be shocked.

Shock me please!

Excited to see it play out.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:55 PM   #5
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390, ST1100 and couple more...
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
I kind of am thinking BB will step up to a competive level for a run at the top three
Oh yeh Blake Baggett, El Chupacabra! BB was dealing with bike set up issues and then injuries. He was the last guy to challenge and beat Tomac outdoors with superior late moto speed until he got injured. Good pick, and hard to argue that one. I certainly think that if he stays healthy he will be one of THE guys to watch outdoors and a potential regular podium guy in SX.

Everyone wants to give the series to Eli. He is certainly the fastest guy on any given day. No one currently physically inflicts his will on the track like Eli can. What race was it where he consistently wheelied thru the whoops section? That is pure strength and confidence that no has right now. He reminds me of Rick Johnson or Stanton. Strength and will.

Sounds like a cliche, but this years SX is shaping up to be one the best in a few years.

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

Old 12-23-2018, 09:54 AM   #6
Not Sure
I like money.

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: 07 Weeee, 97 yzf600r, 05 crf450, 93 cr250, 68 hodaka ace 100
Name: Drew
I've got my eye on Justin Cooper in the tiddler class, I think he is already a step above the other rookies and has even earned a moto win... watch out for this kid, his technique is spot on!

The 450's will be a game of attrition again I think, now that most bikes have legal TC available, we should see dudes pushing even harder... From what I heard in the industry, the previous 'clutch speed sensor' setup that was used provided much to be desired and the confidence in the riders was not there.

It's going to be good that's for sure!

450's

ET, MM, JA in any order

250's

It's anybody's season I think, but I feel there will be at least 3 guys battling for wins in both series...

SM, DF, AC, AF, JC will all win races at some point.

Not Sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #7
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

The 450 rookies! Some good bench racing in the third episode.

youtu.be/jq475bvy_jY

Old 12-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #8
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Moto Junkie

Good stuff!

Hope the rookies shine!
Old 12-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #9
a1scoot
Hardcore

AMA Life Member #595906

Motorcycles: Have hurt me
Name: Al
This is shaping up to be an epic year of Supercross racing....
Im a Tomac fan but really hoping to watch Savatgy nail some podiums if he can keep it on two wheels...
a1scoot
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up,totally worn out,and loudly proclaim:WOW....WHAT A RIDE!"
a1scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 11:46 AM   #10
Maddevill
KNGKAW

AMA #: 542337

Motorcycles: ZX14,GS750E, RM250
Name: Steve
Eli HAS to figure out how to be ultra fast without crashing and handing points to his rivals. No one doubts his speed. But he still hasn't cracked the code to become the Champion.

Mad
Old 12-28-2018, 02:02 PM   #11
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddevill View Post
Eli HAS to figure out how to be ultra fast without crashing and handing points to his rivals. No one doubts his speed. But he still hasn't cracked the code to become the Champion.

Mad
Totally agree. Its somewhat like James Stewart on the big bikes. James won more races on the big bikes than either Dungey or Villopoto. Yet both Ryans have significantly more big bike championships than James.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:05 PM   #12
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Moto Junkie

What would the history books look like if James first name was Ryan..

Perhaps Eli should put "Ryan" on his ass and see if that does the trick?
Old 01-02-2019, 09:08 AM   #13
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Its getting close to GO time!

Episode 4............

youtu.be/xRsdfvEmdDE

and the 250's in episode 5

youtu.be/0yst-ZsieNk

Old 01-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #14
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Moto Junkie

Fricking friend has his Bday party Saturday night...

Guess I will go and run home to watch before the band and real start. A man has to have priorities!
Old 01-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #15
thedub
Octane Socks

AMA #: 2952025

Motorcycles: R6, Tiger 800, KTM 500
Name: Wiles
You should start a Rocky Mountain ATV/MC Fantasy Supercross BARF group. https://www.rmfantasysx.com/
AFM #77
Thanks for the support;
Sidi|Motion Pro|C@TT|Vortex|Shoei
thedub is offline   Reply With Quote