BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Welcome Mat > Newbies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2019, 05:23 PM   #1
MishMashSD1290R
Parts Bike Builder
 
MishMashSD1290R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Mateo
Motorcycles: 2018 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
Name: Miles
New BARFer to add flavor

Respective intro as requested. Recently relocated from SoCal to the Peninsula. Been riding for 30+ years...ran a motoclub for a time down there from 2000-2010, 140 members at its largest (but no vests and no chrome anywhere to be found). I've built bikes that made it to magazines, and have ridden all types of bikes (Sport, Standard, Supermoto, Dirt, ADV....but not really into cruisers). I currently have a 2018 KTM Super Duke 1290 im in love with...previously a 2013 Aprilia Tuono V4.

Ive done trackdays, and was a solid B group rider. Havent done them in a long while but may enjoy one again soon.

Ive known about BARF since it started, but now finally get to be a local. Looking forward to meeting folks for group rides, etc.
__________________
IMHO...always.
MishMashSD1290R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 05:26 PM   #2
budman
General Menace
 
budman's Avatar
 
AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Palo Alto, Ca.
Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman


Good to have you join us.
Moto love is what we do. Having you share it is awesome because you obviously do too.








GOLD
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:11 PM   #3
ejv
Untitled work in progress
 

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Santa Clara
Motorcycles: Tuono
Name:
Hello Miles,

I hadn't seen you on AF1 in a while. Didn't realize you jumped the Aprilia ship. Welcome to BARF. I think you will like it here.
ejv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:22 PM   #4
bikewanker
Veteran
 
bikewanker's Avatar
 
AMA #: 178394
Contributor +++++++++ 1%

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SFO
Motorcycles: Real Strom, TR-650x.5, Rapid Taxi RR, ZX-6r, '81 1002
Name: chris
A newbie with credentials and an exclusive sense of humor. Welcome! Rally on.
__________________
"tis better to wank here than in the hereafter" M.S. Murphy.
"Rivers and roads lead people on" Georgia O'Keeffe

Be Well Ride Well
bikewanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:26 AM   #5
motomania2007
MSF/MTC CMSP Instructor
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Merced, CA
Motorcycles: BMW R1200R, FZ09, FZR400, CR250R
Name: George
Welcome!
__________________
<stands, raises hand> Hello, my name is George and I am a motorcycle addict!

Please come to one of my MSF, Total Control or CMSP classes and allow me to share my addiction with you.
Total Control MTC, IRC and ARC instructor

http://www.valleymotorcycletraining.com/signup.html

The best performance upgrade is upgrading the operating system of the operator. It is cheap, easy, fast, safe and works on every bike you will ever ride.

I am also a Patent Attorney so if I can help you with any IP matters, please just ask.
motomania2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:13 AM   #6
m0t0_ryder
RYD!
 
m0t0_ryder's Avatar
 
Contributor +

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cupertino
Motorcycles: Big to small. I like 'em all. 950ADVS-450EXC-R100GS-TW200-YW50P-XR600-Z1-ST90-model165Hummer
Name: John
Welcome to the barf Miles.

I think you'll find the nice twisties in the hills around here much closer than the Southland.
__________________
A gooD VoyagE Needs The Unexpected RoutE!
It didnít look that far on the map.
Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do!
m0t0_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:58 PM   #7
MishMashSD1290R
Parts Bike Builder
 
MishMashSD1290R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Mateo
Motorcycles: 2018 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
Name: Miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejv View Post
Hello Miles,

I hadn't seen you on AF1 in a while. Didn't realize you jumped the Aprilia ship. Welcome to BARF. I think you will like it here.
Ha! Thanks! Appreciate it!

Yeah, I loved that Tuono, but it just was becoming too much of a headache worrying about the valve-train. I sold it when it was running great. I modded the heck out of it anyway and had no place to go else with it....so onto my new hotness.

As soon as I figure out how to post pics, I will.

I see you are in Santa Clara? Lets meet up for a ride!
__________________
IMHO...always.

Last edited by MishMashSD1290R; 01-02-2019 at 03:02 PM..
MishMashSD1290R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:01 PM   #8
MishMashSD1290R
Parts Bike Builder
 
MishMashSD1290R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Mateo
Motorcycles: 2018 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
Name: Miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikewanker View Post
A newbie with credentials and an exclusive sense of humor. Welcome! Rally on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomania2007 View Post
Welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0t0_ryder View Post
Welcome to the barf Miles.

I think you'll find the nice twisties in the hills around here much closer than the Southland.
Thank you all! Appreciate the warm welcome.

Being new to ALL things up here, its hard. Left a lot of motofriends behind. Hoping to make my weekends more interesting with you lot.

I went to college years ago at Sonoma State University, living IN Sonoma at the time. Rode a Bandit 400 all those years ago (late 90's) and fell in love with the north bay's roads.

Trying to find out what else is out there besides the 20 minute roll to Alice's behind my house
__________________
IMHO...always.
MishMashSD1290R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:45 PM   #9
ejv
Untitled work in progress
 

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Santa Clara
Motorcycles: Tuono
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishMashSD1290R View Post
Ha! Thanks! Appreciate it!

Yeah, I loved that Tuono, but it just was becoming too much of a headache worrying about the valve-train. I sold it when it was running great. I modded the heck out of it anyway and had no place to go else with it....so onto my new hotness.

As soon as I figure out how to post pics, I will.

I see you are in Santa Clara? Lets meet up for a ride!
Yeah I am in Santa Clara. I'll definitely reach out when the weather and time permit. Funny when I first saw your screen name come up I thought who is this guy stealing this name as I was thrown off by the SD1290R part. After closer inspection and reading your post I realized it was you. There is a lot more to the Santa Cruz mountains than likely you have experienced so far. I've not ridden in the north bay at all so maybe you can show me around up there a bit.
ejv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:48 AM   #10
ScottRNelson
Mr. Dual Sport Rider
 
ScottRNelson's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Contributor

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Meridian, ID
Motorcycles: Honda XR650L, KTM 1090 Adv R
Name: =Username
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishMashSD1290R View Post
As soon as I figure out how to post pics, I will.
Welcome to BARF. I no longer live in the Bay Area, but only recently moved away and I'm not leaving BARF.

Get an account on imgur.com. Store your images there, after resizing them appropriately. Then you can either click on the little yellow icon that looks like it has some sort of tiny mountain scene on it, or just use [img] tags around the image link.
__________________
Scott R. Nelson - Meridian, Idaho
ScottRNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:35 PM   #11
MishMashSD1290R
Parts Bike Builder
 
MishMashSD1290R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Mateo
Motorcycles: 2018 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
Name: Miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejv View Post
Yeah I am in Santa Clara. I'll definitely reach out when the weather and time permit. Funny when I first saw your screen name come up I thought who is this guy stealing this name as I was thrown off by the SD1290R part. After closer inspection and reading your post I realized it was you. There is a lot more to the Santa Cruz mountains than likely you have experienced so far. I've not ridden in the north bay at all so maybe you can show me around up there a bit.
That sounds like a plan and would love that truly. Like I said, I am looking for riding buddies to show me the roads and such. I still occasionally haunt ApriliaForum just to see what is being stated and make corrections where needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRNelson View Post
Welcome to BARF. I no longer live in the Bay Area, but only recently moved away and I'm not leaving BARF.

Get an account on imgur.com. Store your images there, after resizing them appropriately. Then you can either click on the little yellow icon that looks like it has some sort of tiny mountain scene on it, or just use [img] tags around the image link.
Great tip thank you!
__________________
IMHO...always.
MishMashSD1290R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:42 PM   #12
CrazyBiker
Rookie
 
CrazyBiker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fremont, CA
Motorcycles: 2016 Tuono Factory 2014 S1000R
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishMashSD1290R View Post
Respective intro as requested. Recently relocated from SoCal to the Peninsula. Been riding for 30+ years...ran a motoclub for a time down there from 2000-2010, 140 members at its largest (but no vests and no chrome anywhere to be found). I've built bikes that made it to magazines, and have ridden all types of bikes (Sport, Standard, Supermoto, Dirt, ADV....but not really into cruisers). I currently have a 2018 KTM Super Duke 1290 im in love with...previously a 2013 Aprilia Tuono V4.

Ive done trackdays, and was a solid B group rider. Havent done them in a long while but may enjoy one again soon.

Ive known about BARF since it started, but now finally get to be a local. Looking forward to meeting folks for group rides, etc.
You are not the same miles from S1000R forum no?
CrazyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:27 PM   #13
MishMashSD1290R
Parts Bike Builder
 
MishMashSD1290R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Mateo
Motorcycles: 2018 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
Name: Miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
You are not the same miles from S1000R forum no?
No although any Miles is a good one
__________________
IMHO...always.
MishMashSD1290R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:03 PM   #14
Ducati_Scott
Always riding
 
Ducati_Scott's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Sunnyvale
Motorcycles: 16 Ducati Multistrada 06 CBR 1000RR Race Bike 12 KTM 450EXC 05 KTM 450 EXC 00 Harley Dav
Name: Scott
Welcome from one So Cal transplant to another.

I moved up from Long Beach about 16 months ago. Lots of great riding here to enjoy.
__________________
She said if I went racing one more time she was leaving...

I'm gonna miss her!

CVMA #444
Ducati_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:26 PM   #15
MishMashSD1290R
Parts Bike Builder
 
MishMashSD1290R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: San Mateo
Motorcycles: 2018 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
Name: Miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Scott View Post
Welcome from one So Cal transplant to another.

I moved up from Long Beach about 16 months ago. Lots of great riding here to enjoy.
Thanks brother. Yeah Iím on the Peninsula and if it ever stops raining Iíll roll up to Alices
__________________
IMHO...always.
MishMashSD1290R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.