BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Community > Kitchen Sink


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #46
Ant
Pink Freud
 
Ant's Avatar
 
Contributor +

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rural urban metropolis by the wayside
Motorcycles: BMW S1000XR
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesasaurusRex View Post
Only on barf would a thread on real estate turn into a thread about pregnant women's feet
Before barf got civilized the phrase de jour was mooseknuckle.

Dubs, if you like the area you live in now why not buy there?

And congrats on getting married I didn't know this. I must have missed the "it's my honeymoon should I piitb" thread.
__________________
This segment was brought to you by the letter A
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:52 PM   #47
Reli
Veteran
 
Reli's Avatar
 
Contributor +++

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: land of milfs and range rovers (danville)
Motorcycles: motorcycles
Name: reli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
Dubs, if you like the area you live in now why not buy there?
Danville? It's $1.5M+ for anything with a yard
Reli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:59 PM   #48
Ant
Pink Freud
 
Ant's Avatar
 
Contributor +

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rural urban metropolis by the wayside
Motorcycles: BMW S1000XR
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reli View Post
Danville? It's $1.5M+ for anything with a yard
Hmm.

Maybe he should stay put and get a hamster or goldfish instead.
__________________
This segment was brought to you by the letter A
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #49
JesasaurusRex
Veteran
 
JesasaurusRex's Avatar
 
Contributor ++++++++

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kens Moms House
Motorcycles: Are Gay
Name: Rex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reli View Post
Danville? It's $1.5M+ for anything with a yard
Lol, suburbia
__________________
RedAnt - "Wonder if her other video shows her picking up sockets with her taco."

soliqsoliq - "Miatas can be cool I like to think of my bike as the Miata of motorcycles--underpowered and often considered a chick's vehicle..."
JesasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:12 AM   #50
UDRider
Leftist apologist.
 
UDRider's Avatar
 
Contributor

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: .
Motorcycles: The lulz machine.
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reli View Post
Danville? It's $1.5M+ for anything with a yard
Thats insane.
__________________
Going fast on a motorcycle is easy, making turns is the tricky part.
EFF fighting for our rights to post stupid shit on on internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebeast View Post
no. nothing against strippers. just have never completely trusted anyone in sales and marketing.
UDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:51 PM   #51
tgrrdr
мочиться муравьев кальмар
 
tgrrdr's Avatar
 
Contributor

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: 37.96° N 122.08° W
Motorcycles: Triumph Tiger
Name: Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDRider View Post
Thats insane.
there's a major fixer-upper close to my kids' school in PH that's $620k. If it was in nice shape it would probably be worth close to $900k before the crash.

isn't dubs' dad a contractor or something?
tgrrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:16 AM   #52
Dubbington
Slamdunk Champion
 
Dubbington's Avatar
 
Contributor

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Yay
Motorcycles: EX Street Triple ;(
Name: Dubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrrdr View Post
there's a major fixer-upper close to my kids' school in PH that's $620k. If it was in nice shape it would probably be worth close to $900k before the crash.

isn't dubs' dad a contractor or something?
Yeah, he's a contractor and good BUT is not a risk taker. Despite being in construction and done well over the years, he has 0 rental properties and we haven't done a fixer.

Wife and I wanted to buy a nice fixer in Danville with my dads help. 14k lot size, flat, center of Danville. Great lot but old house. We Offered $950k. It sold for $1,035,000 Sept 2017. August 2018 it then sold for $1,600,000.

Buyers put about $250k-$300k into it and made about $250-$300k.

I saw the PH house. Money to made if you can do a quick and decent flip with home depot material.
__________________
Everything I'm Not Is Everything I Am


Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

Quote:
Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey. … I've got two, if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem. -Biden
Dubbington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:26 AM   #53
Reli
Veteran
 
Reli's Avatar
 
Contributor +++

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: land of milfs and range rovers (danville)
Motorcycles: motorcycles
Name: reli
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesasaurusRex View Post
Lol, suburbia
But for the same money, what would you get in SF? A generic townhome that looks the same as 200 others? And with no private yard?

Last edited by Reli; 01-16-2019 at 08:29 AM..
Reli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #54
Brokenlink
Veteran
 
Brokenlink's Avatar
 
Contributor++++

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: hangtown
Motorcycles: FZ-09 DRZ400SM
Name: Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbington View Post
Yeah, he's a contractor and good BUT is not a risk taker. Despite being in construction and done well over the years, he has 0 rental properties and we haven't done a fixer.

Wife and I wanted to buy a nice fixer in Danville with my dads help. 14k lot size, flat, center of Danville. Great lot but old house. We Offered $950k. It sold for $1,035,000 Sept 2017. August 2018 it then sold for $1,600,000.

Buyers put about $250k-$300k into it and made about $250-$300k.

I saw the PH house. Money to made if you can do a quick and decent flip with home depot material.
Why are you talking about flipping? I thought you were looking for a place to live?
Brokenlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #55
Dubbington
Slamdunk Champion
 
Dubbington's Avatar
 
Contributor

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Yay
Motorcycles: EX Street Triple ;(
Name: Dubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenlink View Post
Why are you talking about flipping? I thought you were looking for a place to live?
I am talking about living but the question came about about fixers etc. Also just giving example of Danville market.

I wouldn't be opposed to flipping either if there's good $$ to be made in say under 6 months time.

It is interesting to see more and more houses being listed suddenly. I think there's worry the market is turning/slowing so more houses are coming on the market now.
__________________
Everything I'm Not Is Everything I Am


Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

Quote:
Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey. … I've got two, if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem. -Biden
Dubbington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:20 PM   #56
Holeshot
Super Moderator
 
Holeshot's Avatar
 
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor / Barf Racer
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Walnut Creek
Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Dubs, there's a fair amount in the nicer areas of Concord in the $750K-850K range...good, livable, safe product. Take a look at the stuff around Lime Ridge.

3674 Northridge Dr
Concord, CA 94518 is a nice fixer upper, but smaller lot. I'm in an area with 1+acre lots, but it's a bit above your PP. There may be one coming up in my area, but not for a few months.

Also, check out: 6 Margate Cir
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523

That's a really nice area. A good friend lives there. It feels like the mountains.
__________________
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:11 PM   #57
Sharky
Veteran
 
Sharky's Avatar
 
Founding Member

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Walnut Creek
Motorcycles: GSX-R 1000; CR 250; Duke II; XR650L; KLX110; YSR 50;
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbington View Post
Yeah, he's a contractor and good BUT is not a risk taker. Despite being in construction and done well over the years, he has 0 rental properties and we haven't done a fixer.

Wife and I wanted to buy a nice fixer in Danville with my dads help. 14k lot size, flat, center of Danville. Great lot but old house. We Offered $950k. It sold for $1,035,000 Sept 2017. August 2018 it then sold for $1,600,000.

Buyers put about $250k-$300k into it and made about $250-$300k.

I saw the PH house. Money to made if you can do a quick and decent flip with home depot material.
Doubt anyone is going to be flipping a house in PH for $900k six months from now. That ship has sailed.
__________________
Rocky
Sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:13 PM   #58
Sharky
Veteran
 
Sharky's Avatar
 
Founding Member

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Walnut Creek
Motorcycles: GSX-R 1000; CR 250; Duke II; XR650L; KLX110; YSR 50;
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
Dubs, there's a fair amount in the nicer areas of Concord in the $750K-850K range...good, livable, safe product. Take a look at the stuff around Lime Ridge.

3674 Northridge Dr
Concord, CA 94518 is a nice fixer upper, but smaller lot. I'm in an area with 1+acre lots, but it's a bit above your PP. There may be one coming up in my area, but not for a few months.

Also, check out: 6 Margate Cir
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523

That's a really nice area. A good friend lives there. It feels like the mountains.
Problem is the schools in concord are terrible. Cuts your prospective buyers down by a ton. PH is better. A bit safer to take a risk on.
PH is better
__________________
Rocky
Sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #59
jt2
Eschew Obfuscation
 
jt2's Avatar
 
AMA #: 777139
Contributor + + + +

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Ramon
Motorcycles: R1200GS
Name: Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Doubt anyone is going to be flipping a house in PH for $900k six months from now. That ship has sailed.
Yep. Very risky time to speculate.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------------
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
- Noam Chomsky
---------------------------------------------------
jt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:54 PM   #60
Caddywumpus
4N631
 
Caddywumpus's Avatar
 
AMA#: 2809543
Contributor
Roadside Angel

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Grove
Motorcycles: Happy
Name: o'/<
Time to hold, build up savings, and look to buy in 6 months or so.
__________________
The adventure is in the rider, not the bike.
Get Trained! www.pacificmotorcycletraining.com
My dad used to own a Buell, until one day when he accidentally left his garage open overnight. Now he owns three.

Delay gratification and exercise financial responsibility, you say?
Why do you hate America?
RIP Mahito. 11/7/2010 AMA #2809543
Caddywumpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.