BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Vintage Cafe

Notices

Old 03-17-2021, 01:13 PM   #286
atblasi

Motorcycles: 2009 SV650 (Track) 2007 R1 (Street)
Name:
Thanks, The Interceptor was fun, but the RZ was much better. The RZ's flex a lot so I used to have other racers say they hatted being behind an RZ because they did not know if we were going to wreck at any moment. It was fun passing new 600's and 750's in my practice bracket back then on an older ratty RZ.
atblasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:05 PM   #287
Lonster
GaMMa RaNGeR

AMA #: 305491
Budman's errand boy
Barf Brick and smoking Contributor

Motorcycles: RG500 Gamma, 2020 KTM 890 Duke R, RD400
Name: Lonster
Quote:
Originally Posted by atblasi View Post
Thanks, The Interceptor was fun, but the RZ was much better. The RZ's flex a lot so I used to have other racers say they hatted being behind an RZ because they did not know if we were going to wreck at any moment. It was fun passing new 600's and 750's in my practice bracket back then on an older ratty RZ.
Totally agree. I had a Yamaha rep tell me once that the 'flex' was engineered in on purpose.. Either way, super fun.
I loved the VF500 when ringing its neck near Redline. It sounded great with the aftermarket 4-1 Hindle.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”
— Hunter S. Thompson
Lonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 09:49 PM   #288
cloval

Motorcycles: Sportster 1200S
Name:
Here is a bike that I owned for a few years. 1968 Triumph TR6 with #s matching engine and frame. It was largely stock, other than the hardtail, and I had all the restored, original parts. The bobber cosmetics were done by a guy in Antioch, but he never rode it. Once I started riding it every weekend the painful reality of it not being reliable set in. It would pop 30A main fuses and burn tail light bulbs almost every ride.

O' Hanlons helped out by fixing some interesting main circuit wiring in the headlight. I rebuilt the entire primary with new parts, installed all new ignition system components, and removed the massive Keihin in favor of a brand new, premium Amal carb (with the proper slide and jetting for a single carb).
My friend welded brackets for the cocktail shakers and my uncle turned steel sleeves to take up the gap from shakers to pipes. Misc parts and Whitworth fasteners were purchased at Rabers (I miss that place).

After all that the bike was SUPER reliable, and almost always started on the first fuel kick. I rode it every weekend and oftentimes on Fridays when commuting from home in Half Moon Bay to work in SF. Definitely the coolest bike I ever owned. Everyone loved it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0738 (2).JPG
Views:	40
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	544757  
cloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 06:33 PM   #289
firstbuell
GO! 04,16,23,31,64,69,95

BARF Moderator: Fan Racing Forum

Motorcycles: 99 Buell M2 Cyclone;06 KTM 450 EXC-plated!;04 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Disc;19 Wilier Cento1Hy
Name: Curt
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloval View Post
Here is a bike that I owned for a few years. 1968 Triumph TR6 with #s matching engine and frame. It was largely stock, other than the hardtail, and I had all the restored, original parts. The bobber cosmetics were done by a guy in Antioch, but he never rode it. Once I started riding it every weekend the painful reality of it not being reliable set in. It would pop 30A main fuses and burn tail light bulbs almost every ride.

O' Hanlons helped out by fixing some interesting main circuit wiring in the headlight. I rebuilt the entire primary with new parts, installed all new ignition system components, and removed the massive Keihin in favor of a brand new, premium Amal carb (with the proper slide and jetting for a single carb).
My friend welded brackets for the cocktail shakers and my uncle turned steel sleeves to take up the gap from shakers to pipes. Misc parts and Whitworth fasteners were purchased at Rabers (I miss that place).

After all that the bike was SUPER reliable, and almost always started on the first fuel kick. I rode it every weekend and oftentimes on Fridays when commuting from home in Half Moon Bay to work in SF. Definitely the coolest bike I ever owned. Everyone loved it!

very clean -
Congrats! on finally getting it dialed-in (sometimes, it does take a village)

"The only good thing about 2020 is MotoGP is fucking awesome"
budman

"Doohan Keeps Beating Injured Schwantz"
roadracingworld.com
firstbuell is offline   Reply With Quote