Old 06-27-2020, 01:13 PM   #1
kmaggy
Veteran

BARF Sponsor
Contributor +++++ 2%

Motorcycles: Sea bee arrr
Name: Kris
The restrooms are closed!

I got up and had the feeling to ride around Lake Berryessa. After 1 cup of coffee, I go. As I approached Martinez bridge, wind gusts was blowing me all over the lanes. I got scared and wanted to turn around and go home; but I decided to go around Cordelia by taking 780 to the Valley of Joes ---> 121--->128. That coffee in the morning was going through me, so I stopped at this shell gas station in Fairfield for gas and toilet. Got gas, but the toilets were closed due to COVID-19. I just have to hold it til I find some bushes. Riding up Wooden valley rd, a flock of turkey's out of the bushes decided to cross the road. This mild 'oh crap' came about but, I rolled off and braked. Whew!
I spotted this closed gas station by 128/Steele canyon and surprisingly found a really clean open porter potty!

Stopped at Turtle Rock to get some Gatorade and guess who I ran into? (Dave Moss)
Got to chit chatting and most important got my suspension dialed in

Headed north, towards Lower Lake and stopped at the bridge.

On the way back down, I forget how windy it was around Fairfield, when all of a sudden this square looking thing is ahead of me. This hay bale is right in the middle of the 80. Good thing I spotted it with plenty of time to go around it.

This ride started off not feeling right with the wind gusts and having to pee so bad and holding it. But, after relaxing and "riding it out" it turned out to be a good ride

Enjoy the ride!

Last edited by kmaggy; 07-08-2020 at 05:56 AM..
kmaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 02:34 PM   #2
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
Yeah.. the restroom thing is certainly worth paying attention too

Glad you had a good ride.
budman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:18 PM   #3
Pushrod
Veteran

Motorcycles: VTR, R100RS,CB500
Name:
I mostly grew up in Europe. Lived on the local economy among the citizenry and took up the ways of the natives. What you learn as a child you retain as an adult. It was nothing for a transport bus to stop for all the passengers to have a pee break. Dudes on the roadway side, dames on the other side.

Came back to the 'States and couldn't get over how everyone put themselves into distress while searching for an appropriate venue for relief.

Even today, my tour gear has TP, wet wipes and zip locks because of the sorry state of hygiene in most restroom facilities here in the southeast. Feeling pressure? No problem, a bush bigger around than I am and I'm, er, good to go.
Pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:20 AM   #4
bgamebiker
Love to ride

Motorcycles: Now: 13 S3, 06 K12R Then: VFR, Concours
Name:
I've wanted to visit Dave Moss to get my suspension dialed-in, did you notice a difference?
bgamebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:49 AM   #5
dravnx
Veteran

AMA #3018349
BARF Sammich King
Contributor +++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: '12 DL650A GMF '17 DL650 '15 FJR1300A
Name: Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgamebiker View Post
I've wanted to visit Dave Moss to get my suspension dialed-in, did you notice a difference?
I've always gotten positive results from Dave. Sometimes it's minor and other times it's been WOW, that's what it should feel and perform like.
It's simple math.
https://www.directavionics.com/
dravnx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:00 AM   #6
kmaggy
Veteran

BARF Sponsor
Contributor +++++ 2%

Motorcycles: Sea bee arrr
Name: Kris
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgamebiker View Post
Yes indeed! noticed a mild difference. The previous owner of the ST2 set up the suspension way too stiff; he was around 250 lbs. and I am 170'ish.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:53 PM   #7
vaara
Veteran

1 Rider Contributor

Motorcycles: 2018 V-Strom 650
Name:
Re: bathrooms, I actually took some Imodium before my Sierra ride yesterday, just to make sure I wouldn’t have to do a poo. Good thing too, because mask-wearing is pretty much nonexistent out there.

I did pee, but only once. The key is to drink *just* enough water to stay hydrated, and let the Valley heat bake it out of you.
vaara is offline   Reply With Quote