Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Old 02-02-2018, 05:55 AM   #91
Marcoose
50-50

AMA #: 2818042
Contributor +

Motorcycles: '03 CBR954RR-ish
Name: Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rielen View Post
I agree with maddevil, more so that this probably should stop. I'm sure we all can go on about what we dislike about him but it's not really helping anyone and just stroking our own ego's. Whats done is done and now its just beating a dead horse. He's banned from the forum for a reason. No point in carrying it on.
Just my .02
Agreed. We should stop defending a thief who sold stolen parts that could put people in a pickle. It's just stroking his ego. No point in carrying it on.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:20 AM   #92
Brokenlink
Veteran

Contributor++++

Motorcycles: FZ-09 DRZ400SM
Name: Mike
Based on my personal observation of the way he treated his girlfriend at the newbie track day, he is not a person of character.
Brokenlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:26 AM   #93
Enchanter
Ghost in The Machine

AMA #: 2815246
BARF Admin
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2007, 2010, 2014, 2017
Contributor ++++++++++

Motorcycles: Attack™-ed R1 & hybrid S1000rr
Name:
No longer piling on negative comments, is far from defending him.

As for stroking Andrew Gawer's ego, yes, I think that any public conversation about him, feeds his ego. While I'm sure that intellectually Andrew knows right from wrong, in practice he doesn't care. He doesn't bend the rules, he blows right through them.

I tried to mentor Andrew in the ways of BARF. We exchanged many PM's, we spoke on the phone multiple times, and we spoke in person once. I gave him a couple chances to alter his ways. In the end he chose a different path. To put it plainly, he lied to me. We all have our buttons, and that is mine. I'm done.

It appears that he's a thief. By the charges filed (and other clues), it looks to me like there was more than one motorcycle involved. Andrew has cultivated his reputation and must now live with it.

As this relates to Maddevill, you guys need to stop coming at, or attacking him. Now. You guys have no idea exactly what type of friendship he had with Andrew prior to this incident. Maddevill has clearly stated what it is now. Sounds like he learned something, and took action. As adults many of us have had a relationship come apart at the seams. I'm pretty sure that most of us were not receptive to "I told you so" at that time.

On a related topic:
It's not acceptable to help a banned (or suspended) person participate on BARF. In the future, we'll act more quickly with those that help banned members. We'll pull the trigger, and wham, you'll be suspended too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataDan View Post
Be resilient. After an unpleasant surprise or close call, get your head back in the game quickly. Learn whatever lesson you can and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal03 View Post
The panties. Unbunch them.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation tends to be the right one.
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

BARF Terms of Service
Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:34 AM   #94
Lunch Box
Useful idiot

Contributor ++++++

Motorcycles: Dino and electron. Street and dirt.
Name: Aaron
Well-stated, Tim. I would hope that most folks posting in this thread are able to understand that Maddevil is a kind, honest, and trustworthy guy. We’ve all been burned as a result of trusting someone we shouldn’t have. Hell, some of us still give people the benefit of the doubt entirely too often. I know I do.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:36 PM   #95
Sharky
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: GSX-R 1000; CR 250; Duke II; XR650L; KLX110; YSR 50;
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatXfer View Post
That's reasonable, considering his bike isn't stolen...
What ever happened to ride it like you stole it??
Old 02-07-2018, 10:41 PM   #96
Rielen
Rookie

Motorcycles: 05 SV650 S
Name: Tom Moore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch Box View Post
Well-stated, Tim. I would hope that most folks posting in this thread are able to understand that Maddevil is a kind, honest, and trustworthy guy. We’ve all been burned as a result of trusting someone we shouldn’t have. Hell, some of us still give people the benefit of the doubt entirely too often. I know I do.
100% Maddevil has been my mentor into the motorcycling community and has taught me not only to respect the community but as well as myself and others. He has also contributed to this community a whole lot by taking on many new riders to teach them. I really don't think he has a bad bone in his body and sees the best in people that others don't, you could call it wishful thinking but he is very genuine and I appreciate the hell out of him.

As for the earlier comment, Just because I want the negative comments to stop doesnt mean I'm defending him. On the contrary I've got my own bad experiences with Gawer. in fact I agree that the comments to stop because maddevil tried to do whats right and inform people what happened and admitted that he may be wrong and requested they stop and that should be respected.

Either way, I hope this is over and we can all move on and the affected parties can move on from this ridiculousness.

Ride on

Last edited by Rielen; 02-08-2018 at 07:24 AM..
Rielen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:50 PM   #97
YG27

Motorcycles: '08 CBR1000RR
Name:
Tom what happened to the time Gawer helped you out after you wrecked letting you use his AMA tow.

And what happened to due justice of the law. He wasn't even charged let alone convicted of anything yet here you all sit on your thrones as though you're all high and mighty talking about a person who can't even defend himself. Shame on all of you.

Last edited by YG27; 03-09-2018 at 05:52 PM..
YG27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:51 PM   #98
Enchanter
Ghost in The Machine

AMA #: 2815246
BARF Admin
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2007, 2010, 2014, 2017
Contributor ++++++++++

Motorcycles: Attack™-ed R1 & hybrid S1000rr
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YG27 View Post
Tom what happened to the time Gawer helped you out after you wrecked letting you use his AMA tow.

And what happened to due justice of the law. He wasn't even charged let alone convicted of anything yet here you all sit on your thrones as though you're all high and mighty talking about a person who can't even defend himself. Shame on all of you.
Due process of the law applies...wait for it...in court. It doesn't apply here.

Andrew Gawer joined BARF and damn near immediately started acting the fool. Many BARFer's and multiple moderators reached out to him offering to help him understand BARF and how to get along here. I spoke to him on the phone multiple times and once in person. He blew smoke up my ass just like he did with the others.

I can come to grips with his immaturity, his trolling, maybe even his possessing stolen property, but not his lies. He lied to me. He's a liar. He has no integrity. Once a liar, always a liar. If you think he hasn't lied to you, your fooling yourself. He doesn't respect anyone, including you.

Shame on you for coming here just to defend a liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataDan View Post
Be resilient. After an unpleasant surprise or close call, get your head back in the game quickly. Learn whatever lesson you can and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal03 View Post
The panties. Unbunch them.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation tends to be the right one.
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

BARF Terms of Service
Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:09 PM   #99
augustiron
2fast 2live 2young 2die

Motorcycles: All of them eventually.
Name: nope
I can't believe this thread is still open. Total junkshow.
augustiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:16 AM   #100
Sharky
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: GSX-R 1000; CR 250; Duke II; XR650L; KLX110; YSR 50;
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanter View Post
Due process of the law applies...wait for it...in court. It doesn't apply here.

Andrew Gawer joined BARF and damn near immediately started acting the fool. Many BARFer's and multiple moderators reached out to him offering to help him understand BARF and how to get along here. I spoke to him on the phone multiple times and once in person. He blew smoke up my ass just like he did with the others.

I can come to grips with his immaturity, his trolling, maybe even his possessing stolen property, but not his lies. He lied to me. He's a liar. He has no integrity. Once a liar, always a liar. If you think he hasn't lied to you, your fooling yourself. He doesn't respect anyone, including you.

Shame on you for coming here just to defend a liar.
Super forward, back and around the world SNAP!@!