Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Classifieds > Moto Wanted

Old 11-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #46
NEIGHT
Rookie

Motorcycles: '86 Mustang
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh2586 View Post
If straight line speed is what you're after on a motorcycle, then might as well get a Hayabusa. A 600cc supersport is DESIGNED to go out on the track and take turns fast.. but at a much more aggresive pace and with a choppier throttle than the 250.

I actually recommend a Ninja 650 or SV650. You get the best of both worlds. It's torquey and fast, has more of an upright seating position, still gets about 50mpg, and you don't have to worry about the choppy throttle as much. Not to mention, insurance will be way cheaper and your learning curve on riding will be accelerated.

You should test ride one if you get the chance. You'll see how much fun those bikes are.
I'll look into those I have a few friends who have 600's. I'm gonna see if they'll let me ride their bikes to see how I like it, I'm shure I will.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #47
yodaisgod
KHAAAAAN!

Motorcycles: Faux Bonneville
Name: J
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEIGHT View Post
I'll look into those I have a few friends who have 600's. I'm gonna see if they'll let me ride their bikes to see how I like it, I'm shure I will.
This would be a good starting point.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=417745
yodaisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #48
mel3535
Veteran

Motorcycles: 10 Ninja 250: wrecked,05 Zx-6R: sold, 07 CBR600RR
Name: Mel
Quote:
To end confusion I WANT a 600 but if the 250 bike is 08+ under 2k if older then more closer to 1k. I might be asking too much but hey I'm in no rush as I'm in the process of building another motor for my car. lol BTW I'm only 20 so some of my "childish" replies may be explained now with my age, but one thing for shure is I live my life how I want.
You childish replies tells me you are not mature enough to ride a 600SS, get a 250 and learn to ride before you get a 600.

Quote:
Seems like you guys are recommending 250 because they're fun on turns? Not into tracks. I want to ride just to ride and occasionally have some real fun.
What would the real fun be if you are not buying a SS sports bike to go fast on a track?
mel3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #49
aram
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: 05 sv650
Name:
20 years old, super awesome custom 86 mustang project.. buy a 600ss or an R1 or whatever and show it off to your buddies at the car meet and then sell it a couple years later.
aram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:10 AM   #50
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor++++++++ +++++++++++++++ ++++++++++3%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Hey NEIGHT, did you and your cousin get that bike yet?

check ut the new Citybike.com

Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.

You go where you look!
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #51
jh2586
Veteran

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '16 Ninja 300 ‘17 Z900
Name: Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by aram View Post
20 years old, super awesome custom 86 mustang project.. buy a 600ss or an R1 or whatever and show it off to your buddies at the car meet and then sell it a couple years later.
If he's still alive
Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #52
NEIGHT
Rookie

Name:
LOL You guys are really funny, I forgot to laugh. No I have not bought a bike yet. And no I am NOT into circuit type tracks that's why my car isn't built for that at all. "I live day by day not giving a f*ck, and when they ask me why, I pause for a minute then I reply, kuz life's a bi*ch and then you die"
Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #53
jh2586
Veteran

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '16 Ninja 300 ‘17 Z900
Name: Jeff
Quote:
LOL You guys are really funny, I forgot to laugh. No I have not bought a bike yet. And no I am NOT into circuit type tracks that's why my car isn't built for that at all. "I live day by day not giving a f*ck, and when they ask me why, I pause for a minute then I reply, kuz life's a bi*ch and then you die"
Let me explain to you why you're getting a lot of pushback on this forum. We are huge advocates of safe riding. You may say, "It's my life, I do whatever I want.. it's not hurting anyone but me" all you want... but it does affect everyone who rides.. here's why.

When you ride like a jackass (ie: speeding, lane-weaving, engine revving, etc..), you display a certain attitude towards cagers.. which in turn, becomes a stigmatism. If a cager sees a jackass on a motorcyclist, s/he will then think that ALL motorcyclists are the same.. thus making "sharing the road" that much harder.

Your posts imply that you want to go fast, have "real fun" and that you will not respect the machine. Your attitude towards the whole ordeal come off as cocky and arrogant. You say your lack of maturity is because you are 20 years old. Well we say stay away from 600cc SS not because you are young.. but because you are immature. The vibe that you send off is that of a 16-year-old. Not once did you mention anything about safe-riding or respect for the machine... Once again, not because you're young.. but because you're immature.

If you want to ride.. grow up. Do what you want, but don't expect people on here to agree with your childish remarks.. because frankly, you are the type of rider who would ruin it for us.

Last edited by jh2586; 11-20-2012 at 08:07 AM..
jh2586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #54
NEIGHT
Rookie

Name:
I don't have nothing else to say on this, I'll continue my search on craigslist. Thanks for those who showed me what I was looking for. As for the rest of you thanks for not showing me what I was looking for and trying to be parents! LOL
Old 11-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #55
ThumperX
Veteran

Name:
Quote:
I don't have nothing else to say on this, I'll continue my search on craigslist. Thanks for those who showed me what I was looking for. As for the rest of you thanks for not showing me what I was looking for and trying to be parents! LOL
Good answer

Please let us know what you get.

Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.

You go where you look!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #56
NEIGHT
Rookie

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperX View Post
Good answer

Please let us know what you get.
I rather not, might get a ten-page-essay on the endless possibilities on what can happen to me or how I can make you guys look bad. But if you really want a hint it'll either be a GSXR or CBR maybe even R6.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #57
Foxton
Rookie

Motorcycles: 1974 CB350F
Name: Phuc
Excuse me but you are a total jackass. That's all I really have to say.
Foxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #58
ThumperX
Veteran

Name:
Quote:
I rather not, might get a ten-page-essay on the endless possibilities on what can happen to me or how I can make you guys look bad. But if you really want a hint it'll either be a GSXR or CBR maybe even R6.
Just make sure that stuff between your ears controls what that right hand is doing with the throttle.

20 is not that young, at 20 a lot of folks are supporting themselves, building cars, like you are doing, riding motorcycles too fast, yet NOT getting killed.
A lot of us act like your parents but man it's great to have us if you need some help wrenching, or whatever. I wouldn't give up so fast. 2012 has been a tough year on this forum, we lost too many too young

Regardless, good luck with your pursuit of a motorcycle.

You go where you look!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #59
NEIGHT
Rookie

Name:
Well I'm not looking to kill myself on purpose, I also don't think owning a 600 as a first bike automatically kills you. You can die walking down my street! Also not looking to upgrade the bike performance-wise since I'm shure it'll be fast enough stock and I have a car to mod/ spend money on.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #60
Foxton
Rookie

Motorcycles: 1974 CB350F
Name: Phuc
It's not the 600cc bikes it's your attitude
Foxton is offline   Reply With Quote