Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Old 07-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #46
Beauregard
Aut Agere Aut Mori

Contributor +++ 1%
1%

Location: Thereís a corner of my heart that is yours. And I donít mean for now, or until Iíve found somebody else, I mean forever. I mean that whether I fall in love a thousand times over or once or never again, thereíll always be a part that belongs to you.
Motorcycles: elude me.
Name: Guess....
I'm going with what the SF Sheriff posted earlier in the thread. Something tells me he might have insider info....
SOPHOS Store
Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #47
TTTom
Veteran

'15 MGP Fantasy Champ†† '16 MGP Fantasy Champ†† '17 MGP Fantasy 1st Loser

Motorcycles: Ducati Multistrada
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHighwayman View Post
Yep, I should have expected it, but I was in a silly frame of mind at the time. What was funny were the occasional people defending me and saying I had a point, and even more funny the people trying to shut me up by simply being louder and angrier than I was.

I can't even have a civil discussion in this country about how signing up for the military doesn't automatically make you a hero without getting threatened with physical violence, so it shouldn't surprise me.
Uniform worship, it's an American disease. That and instinctive drop-to-the-knees grovelling towards any perceived authority figure.
TTTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #48
ALANRIDER7
MeowMeowMeow

Contributor

Motorcycles: GSXR
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataDan View Post
DUI and hit-and-run:
Firefighter arrested on suspicion of DUI

SAN FRANCISCO -- An on-duty San Francisco firefighter has been arrested on suspicion of DUI and leaving the scene of a collision that occurred while he was driving a fire truck late Saturday night, police said today.

Police identified the firefighter today as 43-year-old Michael Quinn.

The collision, which involved the fire truck and a motorcycle, happened at about 11:30 p.m. at Fifth and Howard streets in the city's South of Market neighborhood, police said

The fire truck was responding to an emergency call with its lights and siren activated when it struck the motorcyclist, who was seriously injured but is expected to survive, according to police.

Quinn was later arrested, police said.

Sheriff's department spokeswoman Susan Fahey said Quinn was no longer in custody this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terdog55 View Post
Earth to Alan, time for a reality check...
You were saying?
ALANRIDER7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #49
ALANRIDER7
MeowMeowMeow

Contributor

Motorcycles: GSXR
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTTom View Post
Uniform worship, it's an American disease. That and instinctive drop-to-the-knees grovelling towards any perceived authority figure.
Not everybody.

youtu.be/wCCyll3Psbg
ALANRIDER7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #50
JakesKTM
Veteran

Motorcycles: XT225
Name:
He won't have to go to jail. He will lose his career, income, pension, and (if spouse and kids) his family, spend the next 5 years in family court fighting for custody, default on his credit cards and lose his home.

He'll be living on the streets in 10 years.
JakesKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #51
ST Guy
Veteran

Motorcycles: Honda ST1100 ABS (tweaked here and there)
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto vader View Post
He won't have to go to jail. He will lose his career, income, pension, and (if spouse and kids) his family, spend the next 5 years in family court fighting for custody, default on his credit cards and lose his home.

Probably not far from the truth.

Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them. - Rabindranath Tagore

A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore
ST Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #52
Goose916
Veteran

Motorcycles: ATK 605 ES/DS; Husaberg fs650c; Ducati Scrambler; RD350
Name:
Rider sounds like he's going to make it. While I wouldn't trade places with him, at least the guy who hit him has an excellent insurance policy and some very deep pockets.

Hope the rider fully recovers.

As to the fireman, some seriously poor choices for which the consequences, as the others guys said, are likely a loom a lot larger than a mere loss of license, legal fees and community service. Worth it?
Goose916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #53
Brokenlink
Veteran

Contributor++++

Motorcycles: FZ-09 DRZ400SM
Name: Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHighwayman View Post
I made a post once on Yelp about how they shouldn't shut down the entire highway for a funeral procession for two firefighters. I made points about how they're paid, they signed up for the job, etc, and inconveniencing thousands of people with a hero worship funeral didn't really benefit most people. Hell they had people flying in from other states by the thousands, and additionally most crews were being run on skeleton crews because everybody was at the funeral thus ironically endangering more people.

The backlash was...EPIC.
You made that post on Yelp? What were you doing, reviewing the bar at the SF fire station?
Brokenlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #54
MrIncredible
Is fintastic

The Mountain King
Contributor +++++++
Barf Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Yamaha Seca
Name: Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataDan View Post
DUI and hit-and-run:
Firefighter arrested on suspicion of DUI

SAN FRANCISCO -- An on-duty San Francisco firefighter has been arrested on suspicion of DUI and leaving the scene of a collision that occurred while he was driving a fire truck late Saturday night, police said today.

Police identified the firefighter today as 43-year-old Michael Quinn.

The collision, which involved the fire truck and a motorcycle, happened at about 11:30 p.m. at Fifth and Howard streets in the city's South of Market neighborhood, police said

The fire truck was responding to an emergency call with its lights and siren activated when it struck the motorcyclist, who was seriously injured but is expected to survive, according to police.

Quinn was later arrested, police said.

Sheriff's department spokeswoman Susan Fahey said Quinn was no longer in custody this morning.
Well that explains it-they probably yelled at him that they "need you on the fifth" and he started in on the bottle not realizing what they meant. Simple mixup. I vote for a do-over.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
-the Dalai Lama
MrIncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #55
Onebadscot
SuperMonkey Silverback

Motorcycles: Kawicati
Name: 1BadSquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto vader View Post

Now how about someone lose thier job over the bridge fiasco? Or better yet IRS. Only the little guys go to jail
Old 07-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #56
gixxerjeff
I hate quads

Motorcycles: Some fast ones and some dirty ones.
Name: Derp
The DUI part I get. It's the 'leaving the scene' part I don't understand.
What? Did he just lean over and grab his wallet and smokes out of the glovebox and wander away whistling? I mean....where the fuck was he gonna go?

Time may be an excellent teacher but it kills all of it's students.

Rich Cox
Nicky
I miss you Rich.
gixxerjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #57
Cire 5th
Veteran

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 13' Triumph Daytona 675
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjeff View Post
The DUI part I get? It's the 'leaving the scene' part I don't understand.
What? Did he just lean over and grab his wallet and smokes out of the glovebox and wander away whistling? I mean....where the fuck was he gonna go?
I think he wanted to leave in hopes the alcohol wears off. According to the news, I think 7 hours later, is when they took his blood alcohol reading. So he either turned himself in at that time or they found him. Of course they were eventually going to find out who was working that shift. He plainly just was drinking when nothing was going on and then a call came in. Why was he driving though. He could have not been the only guy there. I would have told one of the other guys to drive. Heard this guy was pretty decorated as a firefighter too. What a shame.
Cire 5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #58
Papi
Mmmmm...Faster

Top Speed Junkie
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Classics to Beastly
Name: Papi
Nothing good. The FF will lose all. The rider hopefully will make full recovery. Can you just see the line of Injury Lawyers lining up outside his hospital room now?
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #59
Sharky
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: GSX-R 1000; CR 250; Duke II; XR650L; KLX110; YSR 50;
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
Nothing good. The FF will lose all. The rider hopefully will make full recovery. Can you just see the line of Injury Lawyers lining up outside his hospital room now?
Where's the rider at again???
Old 07-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #60
Cire 5th
Veteran

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 13' Triumph Daytona 675
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Where's the rider at again???
SF General
Cire 5th is offline   Reply With Quote