Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Couch Racer's Corner

Old 09-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #16
aminalmutha
Amberlamps. Callz 'em.

Motorcycles: WAT
Name: Balzac
If the dude doesn't want to do media and sponsor type shit, why doesn't he just STFU and go race CCS or whatever they have in Australia? Does he not realize that all that media/sponsor crap he's got to do has paid his ass a shit ton of money?

Sorry, dude, you do not have a regular society-contributing job, you are an entertainer who is paid a lot of money to show off your mad skillz. Comes with the territory. Don't like it, stuff it.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #17
veefereefer
Veteran

BARF Moderator - Moto Photos
Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: 06 600rr, 91' VFR750F, 99 F4, 97 XR400R, 09 DRZSM, 08 WR250R/X
Name: Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by aminalmutha View Post
Don't like it, stuff it.
He did. He didn't like it. So he stopped.

BARF TOS
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php
veefereefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #18
aminalmutha
Amberlamps. Callz 'em.

Motorcycles: WAT
Name: Balzac
Maybe. Said he'd quit, but then jumped to another high profile series and who knows what he'll do next. Back to GP so he can complain some more? No one likes listening to millionaires bitch about work.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #19
Mikeeh76
Veteran

Contributor
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: '03 YZF-R6
Name: Mike
He should rejoin MotoGP
Mikeeh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #20
veefereefer
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

He should do what he wants, when he wants.

BARF TOS
Old 09-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #21
o poderoso
Rookie

Motorcycles: Aprilia RSV4-R 2010
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by veefereefer View Post
Stoner does what he wants and doesn't give a shit what others think. .
This is where I beg to differ. It seems to me that what other people think means everything to Stoner. Most of his dissatisfaction with MotoGP stemmed from what other people (paddock somebodies, paddock nobodies, press, fans) said about him, and by contrast what they said about Rossi. Stoner was pissed ever since paddock folks and others said his 2007 Ducati success came down to the Ducati's electronics and the Bridgestones. And I think Stoner thinks he could do no right in others' eyes, while Rossi could do no wrong.

If everyone worshiped Stoner, he would still be in MotoGP.

I am not saying that Stoner was not at least partially justified in feeling wronged. I just disagree with the view that what others think about him did not matter to him. It meant everything to him.

The other oft-repeated maxim about Stoner is that he "tells it like it is" -- a corollary to "he doesn't care what anyone thinks." For sure Stoner skipped diplomacy school, but on the subject of why he left MotoGP, he could hardly have been less honest. It isn't the "direction of the sport." It was what he did not receive the worship he believed he deserved.
o poderoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #22
Raider
yeap...

Motorcycles: Yamaha Kawasaki
Name:
For someone who doesn't like media commitments and the likes, why'd he sign with RedBull of all sponsors
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #23
Kornholio
:wave

Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++ BB

Motorcycles: Hildi
Name: Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider View Post
For someone who doesn't like media commitments and the likes, why'd he sign with RedBull of all sponsors
It's hard to say no to the $$$

Being a bit of a dick is one thing. Being an ever-enduring cocksicle is another. -Hundo

I forgot that Yelp is a weapon for dumb people. -Stewie Griffin
Kornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #24
TheNibbler
Veteran

Motorcycles: 'nelli 1130, honder crf250x, cbr600 Arr Arr
Name:
He is having fun. Rossi had been talking about f1 forever, and never had the chance to do it. Stoner did MotoGP "been there done that" style, then V8, then RC cars or whatever the eff he wants. If he itches to ride again, I am sure there will be plenty of interest in the paddock. MJ played baseball for a year, stoner rode V8 for a year.
TheNibbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #25
veefereefer
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by o poderoso View Post
This is where I beg to differ. It seems to me that what other people think means everything to Stoner. Most of his dissatisfaction with MotoGP stemmed from what other people (paddock somebodies, paddock nobodies, press, fans) said about him, and by contrast what they said about Rossi. Stoner was pissed ever since paddock folks and others said his 2007 Ducati success came down to the Ducati's electronics and the Bridgestones. And I think Stoner thinks he could do no right in others' eyes, while Rossi could do no wrong.

If everyone worshiped Stoner, he would still be in MotoGP.

I am not saying that Stoner was not at least partially justified in feeling wronged. I just disagree with the view that what others think about him did not matter to him. It meant everything to him.

The other oft-repeated maxim about Stoner is that he "tells it like it is" -- a corollary to "he doesn't care what anyone thinks." For sure Stoner skipped diplomacy school, but on the subject of why he left MotoGP, he could hardly have been less honest. It isn't the "direction of the sport." It was what he did not receive the worship he believed he deserved.
You bring up some good points but I don't know the guy so I don't know if he wants to be worshiped or not. I would love to be worshiped, I could have a lot of evil fun with that.

BARF TOS
Old 09-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #26
Teddy
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: '08 DRZ400SM, '01 YZ250F
Name:
If you want the big contract, you have to suck up the sponsor commitments......if you don't like the constant media distractions....ride a CRT, and we all know how much Stoner loves CRT's.

I respect his incredible talent on a bike. I am not a fan of how he dealt with the situation when he left. Calling people out for rumoring his retirement only to announce his retirement a week later was weaksauce. Acting like (my preception at least) his decision to leave should make the sactioning body go into panic mode and make changes to try and keep him around rubbed me the wrong way....and I bet that he is not super happy that MM jumped onto his seat and has been killing it from day one.

At this point, I think it would be good to have him back in GP due to his undeniable talent....but honestly don't care what he does because counteracting his riding talent is a cardboard personality. A multi time world champion should not carry themselves like a whiny little boy.

Rant over. I wonder if he will loan me his riding skills for a season........
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #27
Archimedes
Fire Watcher

Contributor +1%

Motorcycles: Done Broked Down
Name: Lefty2Guns
Honestly, the perfect gig for him is what he's doing for Honda right now. Be a test rider. Honda already said it's a huge benefit to have a truly fast guy as the test rider and I'll bet they're paying him a lot of coin. If not, I'm sure Yamaha or someone else would. No sponsor commitments, limited travel, no media. If I were him, I'd do that a few months a year and disappear for the rest.
Archimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #28
kelsodeez
2wheels good 4wheels bad

MotoGP CRC Contributor

Motorcycles: SV650
Name: Kelso
if moaner comes back to motogp, he should be forced to ride the ducati. either he will annoy everyone with the complaining of how shitty the bike is or it will humble him like it did for il doctore.
kelsodeez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #29
mel3535
Veteran

Motorcycles: 10 Ninja 250: wrecked,05 Zx-6R: sold, 07 CBR600RR
Name: Mel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsodeez View Post
if moaner comes back to motogp, he should be forced to ride the ducati. either he will annoy everyone with the complaining of how shitty the bike is or it will humble him like it did for il doctore.
Or he will just find a way to go fast on the Duc maybe?
mel3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #30
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
The guy treats something (2 or 4 wheel racing) that we all would sell our souls to be able to do, and get paid handsomely to do it, like he's being marched off to work in a salt mine. I'm not surprised by this development, nor the repetition of his excuses.