Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 08:27 PM   #31
lastblast
Lots & Lots of Bikes

Motorcycles: Full throttle till I see god, then Brake
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
Non-oping a vehicle reduces the insurance, right? Doesn't that reduce the insurance company's income and thus taxable income to the state? Can our BARFer insurance agents talk to their corporate HQs and make the case to have the companies lobby Sacto?
If I non-op 4 of my bikes and you include the $65 increase the state will lose around $800 in DMV revenue from me.

And your right, they will also lose what ever taxes they get from the insurance companies that insure the bikes that I will drop the coverage on.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:35 PM   #32
Archimedes
Fire Watcher

Contributor +1%

Motorcycles: Done Broked Down
Name: Lefty2Guns
Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar929 View Post
Why? I'm more than happy to contribute $65/vehicle if it's going to improve our our poorly-maintained roads...
But what does the other $450 I already pay to register each car go to? Where does it stop? And why do we suddenly need this money now? I thought the $65 fee was repealed because we had a budget surplus. The economy in California is still cranking along; why the sudden need for more tax $?
Old 01-22-2016, 08:36 PM   #33
KazMan
2012 Fifty is Nifty Tour!

AMA #2086825
Barf Racer / BARF Moderator
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: anything I can throw my leg over
Name: Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
But what does the other $450 I already pay to register each car go to? Where does it stop? And why do we suddenly need this money now? I thought the $65 fee was repealed because we had a budget surplus. The economy in California is still cranking along; why the sudden need for more tax $?
somebody's gotta pay for the really fast train.....
Old 01-22-2016, 08:38 PM   #34
Archimedes
Fire Watcher

Contributor +1%

Motorcycles: Done Broked Down
Name: Lefty2Guns
Quote:
Tom McClintock for Guv.
Is he still around? About 15-20 years ago he wrote one of the best op-eds I've ever read about California governance and how/why this State went from fiscal nirvana to shit.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:42 PM   #35
Cincinnatus
Not-quite retired Army

AMA #: 2818353
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel Contributor ++!

Motorcycles: Screaming yellow 2006 BMW K1200R, baby!
Name: SweeperBot
Liberals and unions found that they could vote for bread and circuses, so they did.
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - President John F. Kennedy, Democrat
Old 01-22-2016, 09:04 PM   #36
Blankpage
alien

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: Once In a While
Name: Ay Caramba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13xx View Post
Count me in!!!
Will have to check first to see if BLM has is booked up for that day.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:29 PM   #37
CrumpetRocket
Veteran

Motorcycles: 07 Daytona
Name: Jared
Quote:
Liberals and unions found that they could vote for bread and circuses, so they did.

I don't mind so much that it's a flat fee regardless of vehicle type. There's already a sliding scale on registration, no need to add more. But everyone feels like the money gets wasted / misused. And our roads are garbage. Sometimes it seems like their more patches than road. "Long term neglect, going back decades."

It's not going to be cheap. Road projects are stupid expensive. I'll get behind pretty much anything transport related... smart train, super duper speedy train, more lanes, more roads, better roads.... but I'd really like a receipt.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:51 PM   #38
Paulo666
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2013 Daytona 675
Name: Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrumpetRocket View Post

I don't mind so much that it's a flat fee regardless of vehicle type. There's already a sliding scale on registration, no need to add more. But everyone feels like the money gets wasted / misused. And our roads are garbage. Sometimes it seems like their more patches than road. "Long term neglect, going back decades."

It's not going to be cheap. Road projects are stupid expensive. I'll get behind pretty much anything transport related... smart train, super duper speedy train, more lanes, more roads, better roads.... but I'd really like a receipt.
+1. Your right the roads are garbage. They need to be seriously fixed up.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:19 PM   #39
oaklandish
Lion of Judah

AMA #: 2912175
Group Rider
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +

Motorcycles: Japanese
Name: Rowan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrumpetRocket View Post

I don't mind so much that it's a flat fee regardless of vehicle type. There's already a sliding scale on registration, no need to add more. But everyone feels like the money gets wasted / misused. And our roads are garbage. Sometimes it seems like their more patches than road.
my 91 cadillac and all my bikes cost $90 per year. I'm curious how registration is calculated. the receipt they give me at the dmv is full of acronyms and abbreviations (I've never asked them to break it down tho...).
Old 01-22-2016, 11:14 PM   #40
Whammy
Veteran of Road Racing

AMA #3283620
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 2016 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
Name:
typical

California has a debt of 443 billion
http://cacs.org/research/unsustainab...-wall-of-debt/

Governor moonbeam says we have a balance budget.....
Calpers and Calstrs is broker than a joke.
VLF's are the highest they've ever been.
Gray Davis raised VLF's amongst other things & got booted out of office via recall.
Ahhhnold dropped them back down to normal fees, and all was better... or was it?
Moonbeam raised them, and raised them year after year.
Now he wants anther 65.00 bux because our roads blow chunks.
He's been robbing peter to pay paul for years, and its all been done under everyone's noses.
Child health care for those who are not here legally.
Dreamers college fund, again free college for those who aren't here legally.

Ohhh we cant forget our own kids they need school money too.
Yes, that's right moonbeam has stolen money from our road money to pay for schools too.
That's despite two bills in the last 5 years giving more money for guess what??
Schools.
But wait the California lottery was suppose to pay for schools, and make everything right.
What people fail to realize is that every bill or new law the voters pass with out reading the fine print screws us all.
Yes there is language in every bill that dog ears money for something totally different than the intended use.
People are soooo blind and accept what politicians feed us.

Just in case someone wants to make a comment about me pointing out about people getting freebees.
My family came here many many generations ago, as did 99% of us on this board.
Nobody gave us any hand outs we've earned our way in life, and wouldn't want it any other way.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:23 PM   #41
ratsblast
Veteran

Motorcycles: Buell BeLast, steal it, I dare you! 1997 1200xlh
Name: Daryn
Asking ain't getting, good luck pushing this pass the legislature. I wouldn't get your panties in a wad until you see the actual bill. This is one of the most corrupt states in the union but we should just keep voting the same democratic cronies into office feinstein, boxer, pelosi, willie brown ltd., newsom, etc. Tax and spend your way into utopia.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:55 PM   #42
sanjuro
Rider

Motorcycles: GSX-R 1000
Name: Steve
Can they just get the money out of Volkswagen?
Old 01-22-2016, 11:57 PM   #43
kelsodeez
2wheels good 4wheels bad

MotoGP CRC Contributor

Motorcycles: SV650
Name: Kelso
and to think, if they had legalized marijuana when colorado did, this wouldnt even be an issue haha.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:18 AM   #44
Whammy
Veteran of Road Racing

AMA #3283620
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 2016 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
Name:
Not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsodeez View Post
and to think, if they had legalized marijuana when colorado did, this wouldnt even be an issue haha.
It would of been another bank account for moonbeam to loot from to pay for more social aid.
Maybe to pay for more schools???
We have some of the worst educated students in the union, with so much money stolen for schools every kid should be a genius.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:47 AM   #45
Cincinnatus
Not-quite retired Army

AMA #: 2818353
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel Contributor ++!

Motorcycles: Screaming yellow 2006 BMW K1200R, baby!
Name: SweeperBot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Is he still around? About 15-20 years ago he wrote one of the best op-eds I've ever read about California governance and how/why this State went from fiscal nirvana to shit.
His constituents in the 4th District sent him to the big house, and by the big house, I mean the US Congress - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_McClintock
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - President John F. Kennedy, Democrat
Closed Thread