Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Couch Racer's Corner

Old 02-22-2017, 12:00 PM   #1
badjoojoo
Veteran

AMA #3392444

Motorcycles: Super-Naked-Dirt-Trials-Moto, plus Trail
Name:
Catalunya bound!

After getting my girlfriend into Motogp over the 2016 season, we decided to attend one of the races in Spain for 2017! We already booked the flights and I have track tickets, but what else should we do? I've never been to Spain so it's all brand new to me. We'll be booking a couple of Air B&B's near Barcelona, so we'll see the city and also some of the countryside.

We'll be there for a week in June so there'll be some time to see the sights, rent a bike, what ever. Any suggestions?
"It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance."
--Murray Rothbard
badjoojoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #2
Disco
Superchicken

Motorcycles: 2014 DRZ400SM
Name:
Thats great! I went in 2006 to Jerez with my girlfriend. We rented a car and spent 2 weeks traveling around the country. Driving in Spain was a pleasure, people are courteous and the roads are easy to navigate and well kept. You are going to have an amazing time, just don't overdo it on the "bocadillos" like I did (cured meat on a bun, they are everywhere).
Old 02-22-2017, 12:15 PM   #3
badjoojoo
Veteran

AMA #3392444

Name:
Good to know, I was wondering about the driving conditions there.
"It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance."
--Murray Rothbard
Old 02-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #4
Map8
Don't H8

BARF Moderator - BARF Sponsor
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + +

Motorcycles: 2017 Df3, YZ250F/SM (parting out), DRZ400SM, KTM 450SMR, CRF230/sm
Name: Steve
Sounds like a great trip. Be sure to tell us all about it.

“Valentino is just a super down-to-earth, right on dude,” -Brad Baker

BARF Terms of Service
Map8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:42 PM   #5
chugs
Veteran

Motorcycles: gixxer, 08 ninja 250 race bike
Name: Ciao
Air bnb is the way to go for lodging. Lots of places to chose from in Barcelona. Great food at la boqueria I'd recommend getting the gamba de la palomas pan fried is awesome. Doing a walking tour would reduce your loss of time doing your own sightseeing. The guided tour will allow you to ask your guide on recommendations for places to eat and what things to do. I did a tour with three other friends and we had plenty of time to go around the city and see just about everything. Look for services that cater to smaller parties.

Last edited by chugs; 02-22-2017 at 02:17 PM..
chugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:46 PM   #6
Racinfrk
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RS
Name:
I did an Edelweiss tour that started and ended in Barcelona with the GP Race at the end. Here is a link to the tread I posted.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=125705
Racinfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #7
bikeama
Super Moderator

AMA #: 1097
BARF Moderator
Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: 2016 Multistrada ST
Name: Bill
Enjoy, we did Barcelona for the SuperPrestigio in December. You will have better weather. Walk the old town and turn down that small street and find where the locals eat. Note many restaurants will not open until 8:30pm. Don't miss the La Boqueria Market. Lots of places to catch a quick lunch.

Meat at the Market and a plate from a Tapas Bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	meat.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	491733   Click image for larger version

Name:	FYD.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	491734  
bikeama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:33 AM   #8
Maddevill
KNGKAW

AMA #: 542337

Motorcycles: ZX14,GS750E, RM250
Name: Steve
We did the Catalunya GP in 2006 stayed in Barcelona. Be prepared that dinner time in Spain starts around 8 pm and lasts past midnight. We took the train to the track. Very easy although we had to walk to the station. If you can, rent a scooter in Barcelona. Scooter rule the streets over there. Free parking everywhere and always go to the front at lights. Try to get good seats at the track. We were in the main grandstands and got some shade which was very nice. Way over 100,000 people showed up for the race.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:08 PM   #9
Ducky_Fresh
Treasure Hunter

Founding Member
Contributor + + + + +
BrotoGP

Motorcycles: Virtual Moto
Name: Ev
I went for the last round at Valencia. I mean, it's all about time and money. How much time do you have and what do you want to do?

We mostly hung out at the track and had as much local food and booze as we could.

When we were in barcelona, you go see the tourist stuff like the delhi park and cathedral. There is also a tram that looked kind of cool. But I didn't feel like barca really had anything all that unique and special I had to see.

Nothing like Rome or Venice, or even castles in Germany. Spain is kinda meh. Maybe there is an old set of parliament buildings or something?
Ducky_Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #10
Eric B
Know-it-none

Motorcycles: KLE, KLX, KDX, SRX, Evo
Name: Eric
The Antoni Gaudi buildings are interesting.
https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide....ona-gaudi.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4609.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	491763
Eric B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:57 PM   #11
badjoojoo
Veteran

AMA #3392444

Name:
Yep, we're definitely renting scooters. But getting to the first air bnb will probably require an Uber or cab. Do they have Uber over there?

I said fuck it and splurged for the VIP tickets on Sunday, but I don't have tickets for Saturday yet. Figured we'd just get normal tickets for that day. I'm more of a Rossi fan, but she's partial to Marquez. Maybe we can sit right in between both sections.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 02-27-2017, 06:56 AM   #12
RightCoastBias
F8TRED

Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: '14 F800GS
Name: Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by badjoojoo View Post
Yep, we're definitely renting scooters. But getting to the first air bnb will probably require an Uber or cab. Do they have Uber over there?

I said fuck it and splurged for the VIP tickets on Sunday, but I don't have tickets for Saturday yet. Figured we'd just get normal tickets for that day. I'm more of a Rossi fan, but she's partial to Marquez. Maybe we can sit right in between both sections.

Yup, they have Uber damn near everywhere in the EU.

I'm currently using Uber in Cairo. It makes things a lot easier getting around here with all the scammer taxis.
RightCoastBias is online now   Reply With Quote