Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Old 02-10-2018, 10:46 AM   #46
Marcoose
50-50

AMA #: 2818042
Contributor +

Motorcycles: '03 CBR954RR-ish
Name: Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I think that's a plausible scenario as to how it happened that wouldn't put her at fault for the violence.
She’ll forever be the one that killed another over an unimportant traffic mishap. It’ll be with her for life. Hundreds of jobs and housings she won’t be eligible for.

Last edited by Marcoose; 02-11-2018 at 05:13 AM..
Marcoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #47
clutchslip
Not as fast as I look.

AMA #: 400179
Contributor ++xoxox++BB++++++!

Motorcycles: Ones faster than I can ride them.
Name: Skippy Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
Great vid above. Total control. Examplary.
Not really applicable, because the perpetrator was weaker and smaller than the motorcyclist. And he had terrible attack technique because he was an out-of-control lunatic with erratic motions.
Quote:
She’ll forever be the one that killed another over an unimportant traffic mishap. It’ll be with her for life. Hundreds of jobs and housings she won’t be illegible for.
Wouldn't it be just as likely that she will be admired for defending herself from some crazy bigger man?

Some of you are spending a great deal of energy trying to make this all the woman's fault. I am not sure why, but I am inclined to go with the more likely story that it was self-defence and not some murder.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #48
afm199
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++++++++ ++++++++++++++3%

Motorcycles: Yamasuzhonaki 1450
Name: Beelzebub
I have no idea who was "at fault". I wasn't there.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #49
DataDan
Mama says he's bona fide

BARF Mod Alumni
BARFie winner 2010 & 2014
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR1300
Name: Dan
Facts are still sparse, but I've collected a few news stories. This is the most thorough:

Sky Valley Chronicle:
Here’s what happened, according to the state patrol report on the incident:

Just before 5 pm a silver 2016 GMC Terrain SUV was southbound on I-5 from milepost 138 in the HOV lane and a blue 2008 Yamaha YZFR6 motorcycle was in front of the GMC headed in the same direction.

Traffic came to a stop and the motorcycle stopped with the traffic in the HOV lane while the GMC truck stopped on the left shoulder of the highway parallel to the bike.

The driver of the GMC exited his vehicle and the rider on the motorcycle got of her bike and the two of them “started a physical altercation,” according to the patrol report and at one point “they were fighting on the ground,” said a patrol spokesperson to reporters at the scene.

It was not clear what caused the altercation to begin with.

During the fight the motorcycle rider produces a gun, fires one shot and it hits the GMC driver who was pronounced dead at the scene by Tacoma fire department paramedics.

The deceased was later identified by the patrol as 60-year old Bruce W. Jones of Roy, Washington, a tiny rural enclave of under 1,000 people in Pierce County.

The motorcycle rider, identified as 24-year old Aubrey T. Bowlin of Tacoma, Washington was injured and was taken to St. Francis Hospital after being interviewed at the scene by investigators.
It happened here (Google maps link) in the southbound lanes of I-5. Photos (here for example) confirm that both the motorcycle and SUV stopped on the left shoulder, not in the traffic lane (contra some news stories).
Old 02-10-2018, 12:10 PM   #50
Junkie
re-tarded

Contributor + 3%

Motorcycles: SV1000,WR450tards(03FS), YZ426tard,NC700X
Name: Daniel
Quote:
She’ll forever be the one that killed another over an unimportant traffic mishap. It’ll be with her for life. Hundreds of jobs and housings she won’t be illegible for.
If she stopped intending to exchange insurance info and was then assaulted, she didn't kill him over a traffic mishap. That would be him assaulting her over a traffic mishap, and her defending herself.
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:20 PM   #51
ABC
Veteran

AMA #:2770635
Contributor +

Motorcycles: !
Name: D
She was agatt how the hell did she get hurt?
ABC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #52
lam@barf
cage killer

Location: global surveys say - the most dangerous country on earth
Motorcycles: Naked
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC View Post
Attgat doesn't prevent someone from grabbing your helmet and wrenching your head to the side, maybe even breaking your neck.
Or pounding your midsection and rupturing some organs.
How about stomping on a limb and snapping it?

That's just off the top of my head within moments after reading your post.

. . . . . . . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an SocialyTransferedDisfunction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR70 View Post
You need to get out of California more
2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville Mag
2009 Suzuki TU250XK9 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel - KBC Mar 2010
http://flexyourrights.org
lam@barf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #53
chickenfried
Super Noob

Motorcycles: 2017 CB500F
Sounds good to me if she's not convicted of anything.
Quote:
Hundreds of jobs and housings she won’t be illegible for.
chickenfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:35 PM   #54
SuperMotoD
Veteran

Motorcycles: S1000XR :) ,990 SMR , R1, 950 SMR , KTM 625 SMR sold
Name: Darrell
Well I guess this makes it ok to bring a gun to a fist fight just in case your loosing fight. I would not go riding carrying a gun especially while in traffic spitting lanes.

(Today was a good day didnt have break out my AK)

Last edited by SuperMotoD; 02-10-2018 at 12:45 PM..
SuperMotoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #55
KooLaid
Hippocritapotamus

Motorcycles: 18 450 SXF
Name:
so much for "guns are evil"
KooLaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:06 PM   #56
Entoptic
Red Power!

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMotoD View Post
Well I guess this makes it ok to bring a gun to a fist fight just in case your loosing fight. I would not go riding carrying a gun especially while in traffic spitting lanes.

That’s what I would like to know. The escalation seemed to jump from fist fight to death pretty quick. Guess this mean I can get into a fight, let them beat me up and the I can justify a homicide cause I was hit.

More facts will come out. The truth will come out and these terrible news article will have to redact their previous statements.

Remember the woman was let go but charges haven’t been determined yet. I’m sure someone has video.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:08 PM   #57
Entoptic
Red Power!

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC View Post
Have you ever tried to fight with gear on? I have many times and it’s the suck. However the armor does provide nice benefits but I’d still take clothing over attgat.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #58
Marcoose
50-50

AMA #: 2818042
Contributor +

Motorcycles: '03 CBR954RR-ish
Name: Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
If she stopped intending to exchange insurance info and was then assaulted, she didn't kill him over a traffic mishap. That would be him assaulting her over a traffic mishap, and her defending herself.
Her name will forever live in databases. Many employers won’t care about the small details. She killed somebody. Next candidate. End of story.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:37 PM   #59
HeatXfer
Not Erudite, just er

AMA #3295418

Motorcycles: '87 Paso 750. '07 KTM 990
Name: Chris
Sounds like the old guy pulled up next to her and said something or threatened her. She might have been doing the 'right thing' by pulling over to take care of whatever issue there might have been, but is it presumptuous of me to say that any woman riding a motorcycle, in full leathers on a sport bike no less, with a helmet printed with her instagram tag 'tlkdrty2m' might possibly face some old dude head-on? Did she swing at him first, or at all? It's not clear if he knocked her down or vice-versa, but whatever he said and was doing scared her enough for her to pull out her piece.

Her instagram posts don't give any indication she would be looking for trouble, just that she loves to ride.

This is a bummer.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
- Isaac Asimov
HeatXfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #60
Junkie
re-tarded

Contributor + 3%

Motorcycles: SV1000,WR450tards(03FS), YZ426tard,NC700X
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMotoD View Post

she may not have voluntarily entered the fight and if someone attacks you (even with fists) and beats you to the point that you're afraid for your life, it's reasonable to defend your life using lethal force

there are quite a few people who carry whenever they leave the house, unless they have a good reason not to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entoptic View Post
That’s what I would like to know. The escalation seemed to jump from fist fight to death pretty quick. Guess this mean I can get into a fight, let them beat me up and the I can justify a homicide cause I was hit.

More facts will come out. The truth will come out and these terrible news article will have to redact their previous statements.

Remember the woman was let go but charges haven’t been determined yet. I’m sure someone has video.
What method of defending herself would you suggest she use, if she's attacked and losing a fight to the point that she's afraid for her life, and doesn't have other weapons? Not many civilians who carry also have less lethal alternatives.
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote