Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Old 12-20-2018, 01:12 PM   #46
Mason-Dixon

Motorcycles: '17 STR
Name: Jackson
Im very disappointed in the amount of statists on this thread.

It seems the majority of you get annoyed very easily. Maybe lighten up instead of running to the state to solve this minor inconvenience for you.
Mason-Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:24 PM   #47
jwb
Veteran

Motorcycles: '17 Honda CRF250RL
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason-Dixon View Post

It seems the majority of you get annoyed very easily. Maybe lighten up instead of running to the state to solve this minor inconvenience for you.
"Statists" paved your roads.

PS Welcome to BARF.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #48
Surj
Uneasy Rider

AMA #: 2825187
Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++ 1%

Motorcycles: Buell Ulysses, Moto Guzzi V11 Rosso Mandello, Honda CRF250L, etc etc...
Name: Surj
Quote:

Not to rain on your ruggedly individualist, "no new laws" parade, but you realize it wasn't "statist" Barfers that wrote this law, right?
Surj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #49
boney
Miles > Posts

AMA #2942928
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor
Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Yes please!
Name: Tom
Quote:

What's a "statist?"

If you want to get along with your neighbor, it's wise not to piss them off. Loud pipes piss off our neighbors. Maybe not all of them, but enough of them that they will lean on the state to stop us from doing that.

Is that a statist?

And yeah, welcome to BARF!
Old 12-20-2018, 01:44 PM   #50
Mason-Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
"Statists" paved your roads.

PS Welcome to BARF.
contracted private companies paved the roads, but alright.

and thanks!
Old 12-20-2018, 01:49 PM   #51
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
Not really for this new law, but I'm not really against it either.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:50 PM   #52
Mason-Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surj View Post
Not to rain on your ruggedly individualist, "no new laws" parade, but you realize it wasn't "statist" Barfers that wrote this law, right?
the supporters of this law is what i was referring to, but thank you for reassuring me that there aren't too many lawmakers on here!

i don't think a person needs rugged individualism to be against revenue collecting laws that infringe on your liberty.

but a want to keep your money and do what you want with your property is a good start!
Old 12-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #53
Mason-Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boney View Post
they will lean on the state to stop us from doing that.

Is that a statist?

And yeah, welcome to BARF!
so they are leaning on the state to stop us from doing something? then yes.

and thanks!
Old 12-20-2018, 01:55 PM   #54
Surj
Uneasy Rider

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++ 1%

Motorcycles: Buell Ulysses, Moto Guzzi V11 Rosso Mandello, Honda CRF250L, etc etc...
Quote:
the supporters of this law is what i was referring to, but thank you for reassuring me that there aren't too many lawmakers on here!

i don't think a person needs rugged individualism to be against revenue collecting laws that infringe on your liberty.

but a want to keep your money and do what you want with your property is a good start!
If that's who you're referring to, then go talk to them, or at least work on your sentence structure to better convey your point: "It seems the majority of you get annoyed very easily. Maybe lighten up instead of running to the state to solve this minor inconvenience for you."

There aren't many lawmakers here, but there are people like me and Budman (who runs BARF) who work directly with lawmakers to try and protect our privileges and rights as motorcyclists, instead of spewing talking points.

"Infringe on your liberty..." Please. That's an incredibly myopic and one-sided perspective on the matter at hand, as is the rest of your post.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:00 PM   #55
boney
Miles > Posts

AMA #2942928
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor
Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Yes please!
Name: Tom
Quote:
so they are leaning on the state to stop us from doing something? then yes.

and thanks!
Just out of curiosity, would you rather have your neighbor come over and ask you to stop it with your loud pipes ("your" proverbially, I have no way of knowing if you have them or not) or would you rather have the cops come over, inspect your bike and force you to remove them because your neighbor got tired of hearing them?

I ask this, because this is exactly what's going on. (again, proverbially.)

Last edited by boney; 12-20-2018 at 02:02 PM..
boney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:04 PM   #56
Mason-Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surj View Post
If that's who you're referring to, then go talk to them, or at least work on your sentence structure to better convey your point: "It seems the majority of you get annoyed very easily. Maybe lighten up instead of running to the state to solve this minor inconvenience for you."

There aren't many lawmakers here, but there are people like me and Budman (who runs BARF) who work directly with lawmakers to try and protect our privileges and rights as motorcyclists, instead of spewing talking points.

"Infringe on your liberty..." Please. That's an incredibly myopic and one-sided perspective on the matter at hand, as is the rest of your post.
judging by your previous posts it appears this type of government overreach is expected and apparently inevitable, so i suppose i understand why you dont see this as an infringement.

have a nice day

Last edited by Mason-Dixon; 12-20-2018 at 02:13 PM..
Old 12-20-2018, 02:07 PM   #57
sckego
doesn't like crashing

AMA #3283468
Mod Alumni
Contributor + + + + 12%

Motorcycles: are fun
Name: Kegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
what pipes have any impact on CO2 emissions?
Aftermarket pipes tend to be more free-flowing, so tuning the fuel map/re-flashing the ECU to compensate will almost certainly result in more fuel consumption, thus higher CO2 emissions. That's not really the point, though - it's more that all vehicle emissions are regulated by law, because they have been deemed to be more than just an annoyance, as some people in this thread like to think of them. Unchecked emissions create real, negative effects on other people. That's why they are regulated, and that's why they are now being more aggressively enforced.
Kegan -- '12 MTS1200ST -- '15 CB500F -- '09 WR250X-SM -- IBA #41999 -- AMA #3283468 -- AFM #895
My Ride Reports! -- BARF Terms of Service
sckego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:10 PM   #58
Mason-Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boney View Post
Just out of curiosity, would you rather have your neighbor come over and ask you to stop it with your loud pipes ("your" proverbially, I have no way of knowing if you have them or not) or would you rather have the cops come over, inspect your bike and force you to remove them because your neighbor got tired of hearing them?

I ask this, because this is exactly what's going on. (again, proverbially.)
of course i'm an advocate of people handling their problems within the parties involved, and if your neighbor annoys you why wouldnt you go talk to them.

decent people would be able to settle the dispute and move on.

but ultimately using the government to control someone else's actions is wrong. but unfortunately that is the time (and largely having to do with the state) we're in.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:15 PM   #59
Surj
Uneasy Rider

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++ 1%

Quote:
judging by your previous posts it appears this type of government overreach is expected and apparently inevitable, so i suppose i understand why you dont see this as an infringement.

have a nice day
I'm not surprised you arrived at that wildly inaccurate interpretation, based purely on the Thelma & Louise-style jumps you're making in this thread alone.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:17 PM   #60
Jbella
ThePastisHardtoPredict

Motorcycles: Yamaha V Star 950
Name:
Quote:

Terrific!

I live in the house behind you. Any problem if tonight around 10:00 I plug my Strat into my Twin Reverb and work on my Hendrix licks?