Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Old 12-20-2018, 02:18 PM   #61
Mason-Dixon

Motorcycles: '17 STR
Name: Jackson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surj View Post
motorcycles are still far behind cars in what's regulated. Anyone who thinks that'll last forever is sleeping while standing up.
ok. lol
Mason-Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:18 PM   #62
sckego
doesn't like crashing

AMA #3283468
Mod Alumni
Contributor + + + + 12%

Motorcycles: are fun
Name: Kegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason-Dixon View Post
of course i'm an advocate of people handling their problems within the parties involved, and if your neighbor annoys you why wouldnt you go talk to them.

decent people would be able to settle the dispute and move on.

but ultimately using the government to control someone else's actions is wrong. but unfortunately that is the time (and largely having to do with the state) we're in.
So how do the people who live near public streets and highways "handl[e] their problems within the parties involved," when the parties involved are just random people driving by their house? Are they supposed to jump in the car and chase them down to ask them to put their stock exhaust back on?

And before you get into, "well, maybe they shouldn't have lived next to a road then if it bothered them!", remember that we're not talking about general road noise which anyone would expect - we're talking about that caused specifically by illegally modified vehicles which they should not have to be subject to.
Kegan -- '12 MTS1200ST -- '15 CB500F -- '09 WR250X-SM -- IBA #41999 -- AMA #3283468 -- AFM #895
My Ride Reports! -- BARF Terms of Service
sckego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:24 PM   #63
Mason-Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sckego View Post
So how do the people who live near public streets and highways "handl[e] their problems within the parties involved," when the parties involved are just random people driving by their house? Are they supposed to jump in the car and chase them down to ask them to put their stock exhaust back on?

And before you get into, "well, maybe they shouldn't have lived next to a road then if it bothered them!", remember that we're not talking about general road noise which anyone would expect - we're talking about that caused specifically by illegally modified vehicles which they should not have to be subject to.
buddy, general road noise include noises caused specifically by "illegally" modified vehicles.

"I should not have to be subject to" is about the most entitled thing someone who lives near a public road can say.

who tf says stuff like that? "i shouldnt have to be subject to all these bikes when i willing moved next to a public road."
Old 12-20-2018, 02:24 PM   #64
Surj
Uneasy Rider

AMA #: 2825187
Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++ 1%

Motorcycles: Buell Ulysses, Moto Guzzi V11 Rosso Mandello, Honda CRF250L, etc etc...
Name: Surj
Quote:
ok. lol
Are your LULz intended to somehow support your previous, still-inaccurate statement?
Surj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:27 PM   #65
Surj
Uneasy Rider

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++ 1%

Motorcycles: Buell Ulysses, Moto Guzzi V11 Rosso Mandello, Honda CRF250L, etc etc...
Quote:
"I should not have to be subject to"

who tf says stuff like that?
That's all you've been saying in this thread, sport: "I shouldn't have to be subject to all this government overreach and regulation." As if your perceived personal and property rights extend to infinity.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:28 PM   #66
Mason-Dixon

Quote:
Are your LULz intended to somehow support your previous, still-inaccurate statement?
i should have saved them honestly for this deflection.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:32 PM   #67
Mason-Dixon

Quote:
That's all you've been saying in this thread, sport: "I shouldn't have to be subject to all this government overreach and regulation." As if your perceived personal and property rights extend to infinity.
having an entity tell you what you can and cant do on threat of fine or jail time is a little different than a noise complaint. but sure, lets compare the two.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:43 PM   #68
Surj
Uneasy Rider

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++ 1%

Quote:
i should have saved them honestly for this deflection.
Would you prefer I dissect my statement and how it doesn't equate to what you accused me of, or will that just lead to more "deflection!" and maybe a "well, that's just semantics?"

Quote:
having an entity tell you what you can and cant do on threat of fine or jail time is a little different than a noise complaint. but sure, lets compare the two.
I'm glad that I saved some LULz for this deflection.

The core difference seems to be that you don't want to be told what to do, while you're totally ok telling other people what to do. "Suck it up and enjoy that road noise," etc. Bonus points for blaming California ("largely having to do with the state) we're in.") for being so governmentally bossy while you yourself seem to exude personal authoritarianism, in the guise of wanting everyone to accept your desires for the specific version of liberty and lack of government intervention you subscribe to.

Last edited by Surj; 12-20-2018 at 02:45 PM..
Old 12-20-2018, 02:59 PM   #69
Mason-Dixon

Quote:
Would you prefer I dissect my statement and how it doesn't equate to what you accused me of, or will that just lead to more "deflection!" and maybe a "well, that's just semantics?"

I'm glad that I saved some LULz for this deflection.

The core difference seems to be that you don't want to be told what to do, while you're totally ok telling other people what to do. "Suck it up and enjoy that road noise," etc. Bonus points for blaming California ("largely having to do with the state) we're in.") for being so governmentally bossy while you yourself seem to exude personal authoritarianism, in the guise of wanting everyone to accept your desires for the specific version of liberty and lack of government intervention you subscribe to.
telling others what to do? hm.

ive never been told that i tell others what to do. ive been told that my ideologies give people too much freedom and too much choice, but ive never been called authoritarian. ive been told that my ideologies need more authority.

I suppose we just have different views on how people should live their lives.

this thread has been a bummer. because youve told me you're fighting for my "rights and privileges." but judging by this conversation, im in big trouble.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #70
mrmarklin
Veteran

Motorcycles: Harley Crossbones, XL1200V
Name: Dave
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikefood View Post
You can thank the ďloud pipes save livesĒ BS for that.
Not BS.

Oakland motorcycle cops modify their pipes with louder sound for safety.

Thatís why this nonsense will never be enforced in this Peopleís Republik.

And yes Iíll say it. If itís too loud, youíre too old.
103 cu in. kit by BFD Racing,

2015 Harley XL1200V with Stage One kit
mrmarklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:09 PM   #71
Surj
Uneasy Rider

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++ 1%

Quote:
this thread has been a bummer. because youve told me you're fighting for my "rights and privileges." but judging by this conversation, im in big trouble.
If you're in trouble, it's because your ideas about "freedom" as it relates to the vehicle code are indefensible, and (presumably) your idea of standing up for your privileges and rights as a motorcyclist are largely limited to anonymous online posting. Or have I seen you in Sac?

I thought so.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:10 PM   #72
MysterYvil
On a break

AMA #: 2858947
Contributor ++++++++++

Motorcycles: Alas, they are all in the past
Name:
Quote:
buddy, general road noise include noises caused specifically by "illegally" modified vehicles.

"I should not have to be subject to" is about the most entitled thing someone who lives near a public road can say.

who tf says stuff like that? "i shouldnt have to be subject to all these bikes when i willing moved next to a public road."
No, it DOES NOT include that.

You have your fantasies mixed up with facts.

Don't be a coward who blasts past my neighborhood at 2am with your illegal can. Come on down and be your brave self and do it on our corner at 5, and wait for people to come out.

Coward. Let's see you back up your words.
MysterYvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:12 PM   #73
MysterYvil
On a break

Contributor ++++++++++

Name:
Quote:
telling others what to do? hm.

ive never been told that i tell others what to do. ive been told that my ideologies give people too much freedom and too much choice, but ive never been called authoritarian. ive been told that my ideologies need more authority.

I suppose we just have different views on how people should live their lives.

Do you run away from the consequences of your behavior, Mason-Dixon?

Bet you do, bigmouth internet tough guy.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:14 PM   #74
MysterYvil
On a break

Contributor ++++++++++

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarklin View Post
Not BS.

When the "too old" get your bike impounded we'll see who laughs last.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:16 PM   #75
Surj
Uneasy Rider

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++ 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarklin View Post
Not BS.

You're referring to this, from ten years ago, yeah? "But some City Hall insiders, as well as motorcycle cops elsewhere, said the safety argument is a stretch. Even the folks at the national Motorcycle Industry Council, which represents all the big bike manufacturers, were unaware of any safety benefits from louder mufflers."

The whole "loud pipes save lives" thing has been pretty well debunked at this point.