Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Classifieds > Moto Wanted

Notices

Old 04-19-2021, 09:17 AM   #16
doctorscholz

Motorcycles: FZ1
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTraffic View Post
The most significant is that Yamaha introduced the CROSSPLANE technology in the FZ-10 from the R1/R6 engine platform. FZ1s never had crossplane.

That red '08 is cherry. I love my '08 with lots and lots of miles.
tnx

Been great for the few miles I've had on it. Just needs a new owner to actually give it some love!
doctorscholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:17 PM   #17
ViperThreat
Veteran

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: '06 GSXR-1000(track), '07 GSXR-750(track), '08 FZ1
Name:
I've got an 08 with 3500 miles on it. Basically brand new, but will need a set of tires. I also have all stock parts for it.

Album: https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...63OYLcPIeFTa5o

Last edited by ViperThreat; 04-19-2021 at 07:18 PM..
ViperThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:39 PM   #18
hophead
Veteran

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: Fz1, Vfr, Z900
Name: Dan
Viperthreat link didnít work for me but your bike sounds like a ridiculously good bargain. Both generation FZ1 bikes were indestructible, economical and easy to maintain. Under the radar type of bike.
hophead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:01 AM   #19
ViperThreat
Veteran

1% Contributor

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hophead View Post
Viperthreat link didnít work for me but your bike sounds like a ridiculously good bargain. Both generation FZ1 bikes were indestructible, economical and easy to maintain. Under the radar type of bike.
Reuploaded to Imgur: Album here

I can't speak for the first gen FZ, I've heard good things, but haven't ridden one myself. My Gen 2 is a great bike, and I was all to happy to snag this one as part of a trade deal, but realistically I don't need two of the same bike. This one has been sitting for a while and I've been doing through the motions of servicing it:

- Brake fluid flush
- Pads will probably get replaced with EBC HH - looks like the originals are still on it.
- Coolant Flush
- Oil Change
- Complete fuel system flush (tank drained and treated, fuel pump inspected, fuel line cleaned, injectors cleaned, currently waiting on a few replacement o-rings for the injectors, saw a couple cracks)

If I get around to it, ill put some tires on it and bump the price accordingly, but that's really the only thing it will need here once I get the servicing done.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:24 AM   #20
hophead
Veteran

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: Fz1, Vfr, Z900
Name: Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
Reuploaded to Imgur: Album here

I can't speak for the first gen FZ, I've heard good things, but haven't ridden one myself. My Gen 2 is a great bike, and I was all to happy to snag this one as part of a trade deal, but realistically I don't need two of the same bike. This one has been sitting for a while and I've been doing through the motions of servicing it:

- Brake fluid flush
- Pads will probably get replaced with EBC HH - looks like the originals are still on it.
- Coolant Flush
- Oil Change
- Complete fuel system flush (tank drained and treated, fuel pump inspected, fuel line cleaned, injectors cleaned, currently waiting on a few replacement o-rings for the injectors, saw a couple cracks)

If I get around to it, ill put some tires on it and bump the price accordingly, but that's really the only thing it will need here once I get the servicing done.
Jaysus, itís better than I thought. If OP doesnít jump on this than............Iíve had a few 2nd gen FZ1s also and even brand new these bikes are phenomenal value and across the board praise from 95% of riders who ever owned one. This one here is hands down best bargain Iíve ever seen on an FZ.
hophead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:30 PM   #21
ViperThreat
Veteran

1% Contributor

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hophead View Post
Jaysus, itís better than I thought. If OP doesnít jump on this than............Iíve had a few 2nd gen FZ1s also and even brand new these bikes are phenomenal value and across the board praise from 95% of riders who ever owned one. This one here is hands down best bargain Iíve ever seen on an FZ.
I wouldn't call it a bargain per se, I plan on asking $6500 on CL for it once I have all the work done. Given the condition i think it's a fair price, but not a steal.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:27 PM   #22
PageMillPlaya
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2011 ktm 300xc 2017 klx140 2021 road glide special
Name: Bubagump
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
I wouldn't call it a bargain per se, I plan on asking $6500 on CL for it once I have all the work done. Given the condition i think it's a fair price, but not a steal.
Pm sent
PageMillPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 04:59 PM   #23
dbenj
Z≤Trackdays.com

BARF Sponsor
Barfie Winner 2017

Motorcycles: Yamaha!
Name:
Piling on the FZ-1 love here. Z2 had many FZ-1s as our 2-up bikes over the years which we'd sell at the end of the season. It's just such a great all around bike that we decided to buy a special one when Yamaha quit making them: https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/y...ne-mc-project/

This bike comes to all Z2 events. It's a blast to ride.

--David
Get on our email list here.

Yamaha | CTRacing/Pirelli | Cycle Gear | Suomy | PCP Motorsports | Motion Pro | RacerGloves | Tech Spec | Pit Bull | Optimal Bodywork | Law Tigers
dbenj is offline   Reply With Quote