Old 03-22-2007, 07:30 AM   #91
Beemerchef
Veteran

2007 Barfie Winner

Motorcycles: 1996 R1100GS / URAL sidecar
Name: Ara~Spirit
On the road, 89N through AZ and Utah...

On the road, 89N, AZ and Utah.

89 Northbound from the eastern entrance of the south rim Grand Canyon to Utah must be one of the best scenic road I have ever been on. So much scenery, from rock formations, to the Little Colorado Gorge in a more intimate setting than the Grand Canyon... to Panguitch... were we had to turn around. Campgrounds are closed, snow is still present with more on the way, wind is howling and why can I not set my mind to the fact that winter is not over yet!
So we are south of all that... 50 this morning near Kanab... and will take some day trips to the scenic areas surrounding us.
Some pictures of our way up here on the Blog...

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

The Blog in living colors...http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com/

Last edited by Beemerchef; 03-22-2007 at 07:33 AM..
Beemerchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:58 PM   #92
Beemerchef
Veteran

2007 Barfie Winner

Kanab Canyon and more, UT.

Kanab Canyon and more... UT.

How can so much happen while on the road without a “home”? The trails of the mind must be wide open with all its doors unlocked... Turned on by a friend to Ken Foster’s book “the dogs who found me”, suddenly opens a path of joy finding out that his Pit must be Spirit’s brother!
And what better surrounding than riding through a Canyon to discover just a bit later that “Best Friends Animal Sanctuary”, a no kill shelter for animals, has tours of their center... where I actually find Ken Foster’s book less than 24hrs after its discovery... and should I also mention “autographed”... All this leading to a great dinner... I never thought that living on the road was going to be so exciting... as you might read it in the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

The Blog in living colors...
Old 03-25-2007, 04:59 PM   #93
Beemerchef
Veteran

2007 Barfie Winner

A quick long ride through Zion NP., UT.

A quick long ride through Zion NP., Utah

I need to learn new words to describe this Park, or I just have to stop riding through these natural wonders. My vocabulary is starting to feel limited! What a blast... going... what a shower... coming back! The rig is purring... with 170+/-K on it I even hate to think about it... no jinks please.
And as if the ride was not enough we are moving there for a while... it will be base camp for many other attractions if that is what we are going to call them.
This one is already in the Blog.
Enjoy, be well... hope that you are also having a great weekend...

Ara & Spirit

The Blog... in living colors...
Old 03-27-2007, 12:28 PM   #94
Beemerchef
Veteran

2007 Barfie Winner

The Canyon in Zion... Utah.

The Canyon in Zion... Utah.

Staying in most of the day, NOAA called in for some bad weather... but I think they are mistaken.
Great campsite, so great that we might, just might stay here for a couple weeks... but I have said that before. It is just that there are so many places to ride around here... and see!
Might even have some company soon... that would be great... Fire at night, great roads, great scenery... what more can I write on the Blog!... many pictures too...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Today's Blog...
Old 03-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #95
button
Let's Go

Contributor

Motorcycles: a touring gixxer 6...and DRZ400, the Weazl
Name:
oh my oh my ara!
those photographs of the canyons and road are simply amazing..! and the commentary brilliant..
thank you!
"Oakland is the Somalia of the Bay Area" ---mcarb
button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:15 AM   #96
Beemerchef
Veteran

2007 Barfie Winner

Darker Skies In Zion NP., Utah...

Thanks GSXRgirrl... SF... soon!!!... I am almost ready for it!!!

Darker Skies in Zion NP. Utah...

The forecast... after these couple days is as sunny as it can be for as long as they can predict it!
Lets endure these couple of days... I know that it will be all worth it.
Did not hold us back from some riding as darker skies make for some great pictures and give out a different feeling about this whole place.
We did have to turn around, bitter cold winds... the snow flakes were an added attraction...
Luckily enough ingredients to make dinner... preceded by a visit to Farmer’s Market...
The Journey goes on... cannot even think about our next destination! This is Home for now...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

The Blog... in darker colors today!
Old 03-31-2007, 08:09 AM   #97
Beemerchef
Veteran

2007 Barfie Winner

Kolob Terrace road, Zion NP., Utah

Kolob Terrace road, Zion NP. Utah

East of here is still bitter cold, I was so wrong assuming that things will arm up at higher elevations! I guess I have lived in Florida too long...
But west of here, off the town of Virgin, is Kolob Terrace road which is less crowded entrance to also Zion Park. Love the setting, the riding... but not the road blocked by the snow a bit further up...
Cooked up a poor man’s pasta dish also with what I had left in the small pantry... tasty!...
It is on the Blog... in living colors!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Today's Blog...
Old 03-31-2007, 09:20 AM   #98
NoGall

AMA #: 690440
BARF Admin
Founding Member
BARFies '06, '08, '10, '14
Contributor ++++BB

Motorcycles: FJR1300
Name: Tom
Ara, keep an eye out for a pair of Suzuki GSXRs (one red & black, the other black & silver) loaded down with saddle bags, and a pair of female pilots. Sunseerie and Dominique just left this morning for your neck-of-woods. They will be riding that part of the country for the next 10 days.
NoGall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #99
Beemerchef
Veteran

2007 Barfie Winner

Quote:
Originally posted by NoGall
Ara, keep an eye out for a pair of Suzuki GSXRs (one red & black, the other black & silver) loaded down with saddle bags, and a pair of female pilots. Sunseerie and Dominique just left this morning for your neck-of-woods. They will be riding that part of the country for the next 10 days.
Do you know their route?... going through Zion?...
Camping?

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Old 03-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #100
NoGall

AMA #: 690440
BARF Admin
Founding Member
BARFies '06, '08, '10, '14
Contributor ++++BB

Motorcycles: FJR1300
Name: Tom
Quote:
Originally posted by Beemerchef
Do you know their route?... going through Zion?...
Camping?

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
They will be going through Zion, and motel somewhere. I am just not sure on which day without a map, I left the map at home... Will message you their route and cell number later this evening.
NoGall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:45 AM   #101
Beemerchef
Veteran

2007 Barfie Winner

April Fool?... not really, I wish!

April Fool?... not really! I wish...

April Fool’s day unfortunately did not fool me as I hear the snap of a broken eye bolt...
There we go... again! But... happened 10 feet away from camp... could have happened the day before when we went riding through Red Rock Canyon and Bryce Canyon up 9100 feet... without any steering it would have been quite a drop...
A couple more days... of course any day without riding is a tough one!... and we will be back on the road... in the meantime I wrote about the rides we just took... on the Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

The Blog... the whole story!
Old 04-04-2007, 04:26 AM   #102
Beemerchef
Veteran

2007 Barfie Winner

Bryce Canyon itself... Utah.

Bryce Canyon itself... Utah.

It turns out that I will be staying in Utah for about another month... how strange that when in Anza Borrego my thoughts where to head North, but slowly I went East... and now, looking at the map of Utah... with all its attractions and colors... why not wander a bit more here!
If the US Postal mail is on track my parts should be in this morning... and then it will be on to the welder for fixing a new crack in the mounts... luckily a secondary mount.
I am so mentally tired of all those breakages that I cannot even comment on them... All I want is a safe rig... the humor is hard to find... it does show however how society governs themselves, the ones in the business have been the hardest ones to deal with... I can just imagine how the Corporate World is being ran...
I do want to thank all the ones that have send me their support... they have made these pasts days easier and allow me to look into the future of this dilemma...
Bryce Canyon was awesome. Rough conditions... but definitely a place to go back to in a bit warmer weather. Spirit has been a real trooper... and right now, he is also anxious to get going...
Enjoy the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Today's Blog...
Old 04-06-2007, 04:10 AM   #103
Beemerchef
Veteran

2007 Barfie Winner

Michael and Sandra's Utah... my 100th Blog.

Michael and Sandra’s Utah... my 100th Blog.

Somehow it feels like I just have left yesterday, so much has happened and yet... so little! Moving on to some new sceneries withing the same State,Utah... one that intrigues me a lot as it is so full of richness, great roads and incredible geological formations that have taken millions of year... And I get to camp in the middle of it all... quite a treat! We are regrouping these coming days, listening to a local Adv Rider Michael, and his wife Sandra that have opened their house... and kitchen with wide open arms... Spirit has two new buddies... what more can one ask!

Be well... Ara & Spirit

Today's Blog...
Old 04-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #104
Beemerchef
Veteran

2007 Barfie Winner

New campsite north of Snow Canyon, Utah.

A new campsite, north of Snow Canyon, Utah.

3 days... 4 days?... at Michael and Sandra, adding a few more pounds to this frail body... great company and time. 3 new tires, the rig seems really together and a new campsite, in the middle of some great BLM land.
I have a long list of areas to visit, it is so endless here in Utah that this will take many more visits to even scratch the surface. Good deal... I would hate to run out of places to visit these coming ten years!
Spirit is a bit sad today from losing his two buddies... he is starting to remind me of a sailor with a girl friend in every town...
Enjoy the Blog and the pictures... there will be much going on, specially with the days becoming much longer, finally it feels like winter is behind us.

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

Todays Blog in Colors...
Old 04-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #105
Beemerchef
Veteran

2007 Barfie Winner

My little Island of Paradise in Utah...

My little Island of Paradise

This inhabited stretch has become my little Island of Paradise these past few days and will be for a few more days to come... all is here and at the same time... nothing!
Lots of vermillion was used in this past sunset... wish you would have all been here to experience it...
The trout is a thing of the past... long gone now... you guessed it!... It was great... could taste its freshness with every bite.
BMW of Las Vegas gave me some hundred dollar chips... their true value?... great service.
The Blog will have it’s story!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Today's Blog...