BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Dirty BARFing

Notices

Old 01-20-2021, 05:56 AM   #16
m0t0_ryder
RYD!

Contributor +

Motorcycles: Big to small. I like 'em all. 950ADVS-450EXC-R100GS-TW200-YW50P-XR600-Z1-ST90-model165Hummer
Name: John
Ah man.
Got tied up with family calls and forgot about the Tuesday race.

Here's the Youtube 250 and 450 main highlights...

youtu.be/610bKfV-Rjs
m0t0_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:41 AM   #17
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
The points are tight as heck. That makes it more interesting as every race can yo yo the field.

Ferrandes really looked happy as hell. I like him better in the 450's.

Hope Sexton is OK... such a bummer after being so fast.

A little Webb looking like Webb. One more in Houston.
The condensed schedule is a good idea. Seeing and hearing some fans was cool.
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:50 AM   #18
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna FE350, TE300, a vintage CR390, Honda ST1100
Name: CJ
I was surprised at how many crashes there were yesterday. I don't remember a race with so many top guys going down.. and that small sand section took a lot of them. Almost want to say folks moved up and down in position on track more due to crashes than actual passes... weird for sue.

There were some great charges, especially from Osborne.. only to crash.

Thankfully from reports, Sexton is ok. Non of the top contenders have season ending injuries from all the get offs. Funny watching Ferrandis on the Podium. I think he was genuinely surprised to be there... and he admitted he was the benefactor of a number of folks going down.

According to the news, Barcia was mired midpack due to his shift lever being broken off. Softens the disappointment a bit.

In the 450s, I dont think anyone is going to challenge for a podium without a decent start this year. All the top ten guys, heck nearly 15 guys can run the pace.

Still not sure of my opinion on Lee Diffey announcing yet. Maybe its me, but he sounds like he should be selling some food processer on a cable tv shopping network. And does anyone not know that Brayton is riding for the Muc-Off team? Does he get a kickback everytime he mentions the Australian Muc-Off team? Great to see Brayton have a good night none the less.

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy
OaklandF4i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:54 AM   #19
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Moto Junkie

Diffy is OK. I like him. I wonder if it the same as last year where Ralph has obligations and joins in Feb.

RC is maturing into a good color guy. I really think he took a big step forward from last year.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:29 PM   #20
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna FE350, TE300, a vintage CR390, Honda ST1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
Diffy is OK. I like him. I wonder if it the same as last year where Ralph has obligations and joins in Feb.

RC is maturing into a good color guy. I really think he took a big step forward from last year.
I might be a little harsh on Crocodile Dundee announcing..... He does have a world class resume. It just caught me last night his repeated mention of Muc-Off and few other team sponsors named.

Agree, RC has stepped it up. His first season was cringe worthy. He still makes up words occasionally, but its RC.

Ralph is out, not coming back according to interviews and news. I'm looking forward to him being interviewed on the Whiskey Throttle Show some day. Guy has deep roots in American motosports and some connections with a lot the 80-90's hard rock bands. He has stories to tell......

On the 250 race, was fun to see Jett out front. Disappointed that Forkner and Hampshire took each other out battling for second and no one got to challenge Jett. Another few minutes of racing, Nichols and Craig may have been able to bring the fight to him. They were moving towards the end.

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

Old 01-20-2021, 12:58 PM   #21
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Moto Junkie

I did not know Ralph was out...

He was the AFM announcer when I was racing. He enjoyed the give aways I brought him thanks to KSJO. 10 CD's pretty much every race.

That set up a friendship of sorts that has continued for a couple decades. Just face recognition a "hello and how is life" sort of thing when we ran into each other at events he was broadcasting.

It was cool seeing a local dude become successful in something he dug.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:11 PM   #22
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Quote:
I did not know Ralph was out...

He was the AFM announcer when I was racing. He enjoyed the give aways I brought him thanks to KSJO. 10 CD's pretty much every race.

That set up a friendship of sorts that has continued for a couple decades. Just face recognition a "hello and how is life" sort of thing when we ran into each other at events he was broadcasting.

It was cool seeing a local dude become successful in something he dug.
Totally agree! Everything I hear about him seems cool as hell.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:37 PM   #23
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Speaking of TV crew, really glad they have kept Daniel Blair around. Here is his post race review as he walks the track.

youtu.be/X0EgUHoQUcQ

Old 01-21-2021, 05:51 AM   #24
m0t0_ryder
RYD!

Contributor +

Motorcycles: Big to small. I like 'em all. 950ADVS-450EXC-R100GS-TW200-YW50P-XR600-Z1-ST90-model165Hummer
Roczen SLAMS the AMA for H2 PENALTY

youtu.be/yJ-wnQVTv6Q
Old 01-21-2021, 05:57 AM   #25
m0t0_ryder
RYD!

Contributor +

Houston Two Supercross Racers interviews!

youtu.be/oU8-8M1QwGo
Old 01-21-2021, 09:18 AM   #26
Maddevill
KNGKAW

AMA #: 542337

Motorcycles: ZX14,GS750E, KTM 450/540
Name: Steve
Mitch Payton is going to blow a gasket if Forkner keeps hitting the deck while running up front.

Mad
Old 01-21-2021, 05:02 PM   #27
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddevill View Post
Mitch Payton is going to blow a gasket if Forkner keeps hitting the deck while running up front.

Mad
Lol..... I was thinking the same thing. Forkner has some real tough competition this year for the title and can't afford mistakes like that. Arm chair quarterbacking, no way he was going to make that pass. Been a tough couple of seasons for Mitch.

youtu.be/aEs-ztknQF8

Last edited by OaklandF4i; 01-21-2021 at 05:04 PM..
Old 01-21-2021, 05:07 PM   #28
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Moto Junkie

I considered it a dirty pass put that him on the ground where he deserved to be. He was too far behind. Glad he fell

Thanks for the Vid's John.

I did not realize Roczin was docked 4 points. Harsh if what he said is true and I would believe him.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:02 PM   #29
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Quote:
I considered it a dirty pass put that him on the ground where he deserved to be. He was too far behind. Glad he fell

Thanks for the Vid's John.

I did not realize Roczin was docked 4 points. Harsh if what he said is true and I would believe him.
Never been a fan of Forkner. I thought he turned the corner this year dumping his dyed hair, rapper chain, hip hop look after his monster girl fiance left him. He even wears his hat like a normal person now. (nothing against him.... sarcasm)

Anderson, Davalos, and Friese also docked for the same red flag incident. Tough pill for sure and not questioning KRs point of view. Maybe a better flagging system, dunno. Might add another level of complexity to figure out who could see the flag or not. Lucky for Roczen, its early in the season and points are all very tight.

Old 01-21-2021, 09:08 PM   #30
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Moto Junkie

True it is early but losing the points lead hurts.

For sure more than Roczen felt the pain of the medical flag.

Pun... get it?

Not sure any course control changes would affect that situation. Tough luck.

Dug his gear BTW. We are seeing some nice bling.
Dug BAM BAM GAS GAS black.

Forkner is a colorful character too.