Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > BARF Love of Community > Best of BARF

Old 04-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #76
750_sport
www.sport-classic.net

Motorcycles: Ducati's
Name: Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
I wanted respond with my opinion based on this thread, but felt it would be lost so here ya go.

The thread ..another about stunters:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...5&pagenumber=1

I hate generalizations... but it is a matter of fact in life.
Business, government the moto and general public do it everyday.

Guys who stunt or ride super fast on well trafficked roads will help generalize the public's view of motorcyclist . Same with guys who ride in T-shirts and no gloves, or sandals or shorts or drunk.. etc. etc..

Hell.. IMO we as motorcyclists still are seen so much as an outlaw group due to years of the Hell's Angels grip on the public perception. We know that is true right??

And to say that barf wants the Ruff Riders to die in the original thread above.. (I believe the intent is to die off as a group) is a generalization too. Barf is a bunch a members that are as diverse as society and just love bikes and loves to talk about them. I personally don't like to hear the generalizations about barf either, but WTF are you going to do..? That is how people are. Most of barf is actually quiet. We may have 500 people a day who post, but we have 5000 that look and read and likely often behind the keyboard they are going or or

So who is barf?? Who are the RR?? SBF??? Just people that have a little more in common than just being a rider. To say that all are a certain way is just a generalization that is not completely true. We become more likely suspects of such by joining or identifying ourselves with those groups, but that may be likely a reality.. just not given fact.

If you are posting here on barf and a RR then you too are part of barf.

If you are posting here on barf and a LEO then you to0 are part of barf..

And so on and so on...

Do barfers vote and give to charity or volunteer at events that help our society?? Do the other groups do that?? Do we all pay taxes and so on and so on. Sure.. some do.. some don't. We all pay taxes to some extent.

Generalize all you want, but each individual is something else besides being part of a group. Each person chooses their path in life and interests.. If your reading this then motorcycling is likely a chosen path and welcome to That is what WE are.

I believe that most of us want the publics perception of us to be favorable and that leads to many opinions about certain activities. I know for myself I have been on almost every side of these issues and maybe that has jaded my own opinion.

Stunted.. yup.
Rode dirt in restricted areas .. yup.
Sped on public roads...yup.
Had my Harley bad boy look and drank... yup.

I am no saint, but experience/knowledge has cooled my jets to some degree and left me with a fairly realistic view into who we motorcyclist are. Again IMO.

Share the love

Very nice.
But I can tell you unless the " I killed a side view mirror today" posts stop and things of that sorts, It will never improve, People in cars dont really care about motorcycles and 81's and the problems stemming from the 60's 70's 80's, they see us as aholes that can cause a accident riding a wheelie on the freeway, Split lanes to quickly, or involed in a police chase and high motorcycle deaths in summer months.

So while you have a great thought and nice to see it put down on the forum. Untill it becomes a social unacceptable behavor in the eyes of the people on this board, "Peer policing" It is something we all have to accept and in our future it getting worse with time.

I know because of this change I have rode my motorcycles far less in fear of being stoped or harrased.

Just the other day I tore into a motorcyclist for speeding down the center left turn lane at a very high rate of speed. He got stuck at a light and I pulled up along side and I bitched him out. His actions in my neighborhood is unacceptable as I will be the one being pulled over long after he leaves the area.
Current Collection: 1965 Ducati 250 Monza #7 - 1990 Ducati 750 Sport - 1997 Ducati 900 Supersport - 1997 Ducati 900 Supersport SP#69 - 2005 Ducati 999R #114 - And a bunch of parts!

Last edited by 750_sport; 04-20-2009 at 04:13 PM..
750_sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:43 PM   #77
EGIXXXER
Veteran

Motorcycles: A couple dirt bikes as of right now.
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown81 View Post
I wave to everyone on two wheels. I always wave to fire trucks and emt vehicles (good karma??) and always moto cops.

The folks who irritate me most are those that that can not mind their own business.

Don't like a vest that doesn't conform to your idea of what a guy should wear?
Don't wear one then. Or, go up to the fella like a man and let him know to his/ face.

Don't like what someone else is wearing while riding?
Cool, it's none of your business anyway.

Don't like Harleys? Cool, don't buy one.

Don't like sprotbiles? Cool, buy a cruiser. Or a standard.

All these ridiculous divisions are the only thing "ruining it for the rest of us", imo. Ride your own ride and run what ya brung.

Well said. The problem I have wit BARF is people who are judgemental. I don't wear enough gear. I understand that. If I am going to go ride hard I have all the gear. Except gloves and I have had them and am buying some. but If I want to go to 7-11 and buy a coke I don't feel the need for boots, leathers, gloves, back protector......I have beeen riding my whole life. Haven't driven my car in almost a year. I did a track day and I was an ok B group rider. Not that fast I know but thats the middle of the road right? I used to be able to do wheelies with the best of them, If I spent a few days I could be back. I can ride better than alot of people here and there are people here who are way better than me. If given the chance I would help people where I can and Shut up and listen when needed...My problem is to me the word "squid" means someone who cannot ride, not how much gear they have. I have seen Valentino ride in shorts t shirt and flip flops... Is he a squid?? I agree people should wear gear be safe don't go fast yada yada yada yada yada. But squid is not the right word. I don't know what the right one is but squid is not.

And I wave at everyone: Gsxr rider in a t shirt, Harley in a vest bmw rider in the full gear they wear, east bay rat in all black or a barfer on an sv650 with all the gear in the slow lane I love bikes and everything about them.

Champions ride Suzuki.
EGIXXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #78
Mike T
Ahahahahahaahahahahahaaha

Top Percent Poster

Motorcycles: '99 Yami R6 (sold), Duhondayamawazuki ZXGR-4550RRR Limited Special Edition, 2015 883 Iron
Name: Mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by suneeshsunder View Post
[url]edited by mod
get the fuck out of our forum SPAMMER
..."Deuce-19's!"...

Newbie Ride #24
OG of Spartan Riders (since 2006 wo0t wo0t)
Mike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #79
Jack the Smack
Veteran

Motorcycles: `
Name:
WTF is a hero honda hunk?
Jack the Smack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #80
merco
One High Kick Night Night

Motorcycles: 2007 R1, 2007 1098s
Name: Merco
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGIXXXER View Post
Well said. The problem I have wit BARF is people who are judgemental. I don't wear enough gear. I understand that. If I am going to go ride hard I have all the gear. Except gloves and I have had them and am buying some. but If I want to go to 7-11 and buy a coke I don't feel the need for boots, leathers, gloves, back protector......I have beeen riding my whole life. Haven't driven my car in almost a year. I did a track day and I was an ok B group rider. Not that fast I know but thats the middle of the road right? I used to be able to do wheelies with the best of them, If I spent a few days I could be back. I can ride better than alot of people here and there are people here who are way better than me. If given the chance I would help people where I can and Shut up and listen when needed...My problem is to me the word "squid" means someone who cannot ride, not how much gear they have. I have seen Valentino ride in shorts t shirt and flip flops... Is he a squid?? I agree people should wear gear be safe don't go fast yada yada yada yada yada. But squid is not the right word. I don't know what the right one is but squid is not.

And I wave at everyone: Gsxr rider in a t shirt, Harley in a vest bmw rider in the full gear they wear, east bay rat in all black or a barfer on an sv650 with all the gear in the slow lane I love bikes and everything about them.
You said it perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!
merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #81
stav2201
V Yes RLY

Motorcycles: 2009 Kawi ZX6R
Name: Alex
Indeed.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #82
VaderSS
Skill Seeker

Motorcycles: 2008 GL1800B, 2007 F650GS 2016 Thruxton R
Name: Wayne
Just wanted to give my 2 cents. If Barfers have felt the urge to put me into the tourer/cruiser group as one would expect them to, I have not felt that either online or in person on group-rides. I am thankful for this.

I am not the only one who treats a touring bike as if it were a sport-bike and I have seen many riders treating their sport-bike as if it were a tourer.(probably not on purpose though, LOL) There are many generalizations that can be made about groups, and you'll stand a good chance of getting most of your assumptions correct, but each individual can suprise you.
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #83
mikeedesign

Motorcycles: CRF450,WR250r,dr650
Name: Mike
Hi, I'm a new member. How do I put a posting for members to come by and go dirl biking this weekend? Thanks Mike from the east bay.
mikeedesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #84
mikeedesign

Motorcycles: CRF450,WR250r,dr650
Name: Mike
Anybody want to go birt biking this weekend.

Anybody want to go dirtbiking this weekend? We'll come back sun afternoon or night. Mike
mikeedesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #85
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeedesign View Post
Anybody want to go dirtbiking this weekend? We'll come back sun afternoon or night. Mike
Mike,

Hit the dirty barf section to get folks eyeballs on your dirt rides.

Welcome to barf btw.

Racism and RIP threads on Barf - FYI
Barf is more than a dub dub dub dealio
Group Rides-The info you need to know
Godspeed Mom
Godspeed Pit Ho
Godspeed Nicky #69
AMA #: 203453
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #86
KROSSOVER
**putt...putt**

Motorcycles: '06 SV650S
Name:
I had the most interesting conversation with a stranger this weekend which pertains to this topic of stereotypes that i just had to share:

Him: You ride? You look like are rider.
Me:I do ride (but what does a rider really look like?), do you ride?
Him: Not really, I took the MSF course but never got around to getting the license.
ME: oh ok
Him: So are you a stunter or a racer?
ME: (stunter or racer?? WTF?) um....neither, it's just my main type of transportation and i like just like to ride.
HIM: oh cool...Are you in a club? My friend is president of "such & such" club, are you familiar with that club?
ME: Nah, i'm not really into all that stuff.
HIM: what do you ride? I was looking at getting an R1?
ME: umm...yeah, you might want to consider starting off with something a little smaller than an R1 imo.........

I was just amazed at how many stereotypes and misconceptions were brought up by this guy who seeminly had it all wrong about the "world of motorcycles".
KROSSOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #87
FreeRyde
The Curmudgeon

Contributor +
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Connie da Best!
Name:
So when I lane "share" on the freeway faster than I should with my loud exhaust and back firing bike. I make all motorcycles look bad? SCORE! Maybe I'll up the backfiring and go faster?
I even try to look like a bad ass when I punch it to pass someone. Tucking like I have a fairing and I'm racing Motogp even though I have no fairing and an only cruising at 72mph.

Until every noob that rides in t shirts on the freeway at 120mph on their bran new 600RR is killed in a tragic accident, we will all be switchblade sporting, saw'd off shotty concealing felony'd warranted bastids.

(slightly angry, clutch cable sheered in half today. Poops)
Unsympathetic Dick
FreeRyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #88
kenyanspeed
I'm coming for you Wendy

Motorcycles: '04 Ninja 250 (RIP-thanks DUI Wendy!)
Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Cuz View Post
+1 here, makes sense to me and as always a enlightening point of view.
Likewise

http://www.trancecommunity.com/Forum...referrerid=561

fucking awesome trance forum - sign up if you want trance,techno,house,electro,dub step,drum n base,etc XD

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving." - Einstein
kenyanspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #89
FemmeLaMoto
The Alpha Betch

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2007 R1
Name: JoGo
I don't really ride, I just pose because I'm a chick. Meh. Down with stereotypes for sure, but making of fun of squids are my guilty pleasure. How can I overcome this immaturity? Great words of wisdom as always Dennis.
AFM #728 - Check out my blog - JoGosRacing
The Best:
Z2 Track Days
CTRacing Pirelli
LeoVinceUSA
Yamaha Motor Corp.
FemmeLaMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #90
enjyursins
Weetard

Motorcycles: One with wheels
Name:
So what do us supermoto riders get classified into? hehe, the sportbike guys look at me like i'm retarded, the cruisers are like wtf is that thing and the tourers usually, look over then nose to the sky as they go on thier merry little way. Only guys I've actually ran into on the street that almost always wave are the dual sport guys, other supermoto's and nor cal bro's in thier white trucks and metal mulisha stickers. Gotta say though, I don't really care, it's nice being an "outcast". hahahaha! I stand up and wave like crazy at large groups of harley guys.

Last edited by enjyursins; 02-24-2010 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: can't spell for sh*t
enjyursins is offline   Reply With Quote