Old 01-13-2021, 11:28 PM   #136
superhypered
(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)

AMA #: 2917564

Motorcycles: 2015 CB1000R 2006 CBR600RR 2003 450 MXC 1985 XR350
Name: Tommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm View Post
pay attention ding dong - this is not something funny.

(take care of your head, Shawn, sorry this happened on you)
They apologized if you had read farther down.
superhypered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:19 AM   #137
NorCalBusa
Member #294

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: .
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR662 View Post
Not once has someone confirmed why the FBI was there or what they were investigating. You’re assuming it was non violent/white collar crime but you weren’t there. Most agencies, police or FBI have guns drawn during a search warrant entry into home/building because of the unknown threats. Often times firearms are out at low ready. If everyone complies and building is searched, no threats found, firearms are put away. Standard procedure....
Of course I wasn't there, but I find it a stretch to think Ducati is in the gun trading business, keeps them in drawers around the office or is involved in any pursuit that requires them. All we know is what we've seen here, knowing its not gospel- cause its the intrawebnet; present something different and we can go from there.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:09 AM   #138
scootergmc
old and slow

Motorcycles: Honda HT3813 (x2), Cub Cadet 147, Oliver 1655, Super 88, Cat 15 (x2), Yam FJR
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBusa View Post
Of course I wasn't there, but I find it a stretch to think Ducati is in the gun trading business, keeps them in drawers around the office or is involved in any pursuit that requires them. All we know is what we've seen here, knowing its not gospel- cause its the intrawebnet; present something different and we can go from there.

I'll present that those who serve warrants for a living know far more about serving warrants.
scootergmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:09 AM   #139
ctwo
Merely Rhetorical

Respectful Contributor

Motorcycles: motato
Name: Heyou
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR662 View Post
Not once has someone confirmed why the FBI was there or what they were investigating...

I think the FBI gave a statement that they were investigating a financial crime. It was the same thing at Fry's - they came in with guns.

(just to clarify, Fry's was the victim of the crime and the owner's/operator's were forewarned of the raid)

Last edited by ctwo; 01-14-2021 at 09:09 AM..
ctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:15 AM   #140
ejv
Untitled work in progress

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: Tuono
Name:
"I can confirm that FBI San Francisco was at that location on December 17, 2020, to conduct court-authorized law enforcement activity," FBI spokesperson Katherine Zackel told the website. "As of today’s date, no public records are available. Due to the ongoing nature of the investigation, I cannot comment further at this time.". That's the quote I am seeing online that is attributed to the FBI.

Nothing about it being a financial crime and supposing it was, does that mean that there is no possibility of someone inside the building or at the property when the warrant is served that reacts in a way where a gun may be used?
ejv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:21 AM   #141
cg_ops
1-Armed Bandit

Motorcycles: Sumo?
Name: 1ArmdBndt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwo View Post
I think the FBI gave a statement that they were investigating a financial crime. It was the same thing at Fry's - they came in with guns.
Speaking of Fry's, their slow, painful death has been heartbreaking to watch as a gadget geek. It was bad enough when RadioShack went under, now there's NO ubiquitous electronics stores that offer electronic PARTS (like resistors, fuses, diodes, arduino, pc parts, etc... not just your typical Best Buy mainstream doodads).

I've read that it's possible/likely that the only reason any Fry's store is still open is as a bankruptcy tactic - sap as much cash from their assets as possible while they can technically claim they were trying to revive the business. Anyone that walks into a store can plainly see they're not even trying, however.

/soapbox /rant
cg_ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:37 AM   #142
bergmen
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
Name: Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg_ops View Post
Speaking of Fry's, their slow, painful death has been heartbreaking to watch as a gadget geek. It was bad enough when RadioShack went under, now there's NO ubiquitous electronics stores that offer electronic PARTS (like resistors, fuses, diodes, arduino, pc parts, etc... not just your typical Best Buy mainstream doodads).

I've read that it's possible/likely that the only reason any Fry's store is still open is as a bankruptcy tactic - sap as much cash from their assets as possible while they can technically claim they were trying to revive the business. Anyone that walks into a store can plainly see they're not even trying, however.

/soapbox /rant
I guess Quement on Bascom no longer exists, they used to have everything (but I see there is a Quement on Walsh in Santa Clara).

Same place?

Dan
bergmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:37 AM   #143
brichter
Spun out freakshow

AMA #: 1108554
Contributor +++++++++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Fast & Dirty!
Name: ID Thief!
Quote:

/soapbox /rant
AFAIK, Anchor is the closest thing left.

Originally posted by Cruisingram
You know, in Alaska, you don't lose your woman, you lose your turn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
it doesn't matter whose fault it was when you're lying in the graveyard.
brichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:59 AM   #144
PorradaVFR
The Temptations of Christ

Motorcycles: 2004 Honda VFR 800A, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S (sold), 2004 Honda VFR 800 (RIP) :(
Name:
Quote:

/soapbox /rant
Yeah, last time I was there (and this was months and months ago) the shelves were all but bare and clearly Intel and others had pulled ALL their inventory out (no processors, hard drives etc.). Real shame, they rocked back in the day.

"I don't think anyone should ever take my advice." - KILLAKEYES
================================
Witty comment. [citation needed]
================================
PorradaVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:37 AM   #145
Alan_Hepburn
Veteran

Motorcycles: 1994 GL1500SE
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergmen View Post
I guess Quement on Bascom no longer exists, they used to have everything (but I see there is a Quement on Walsh in Santa Clara).

Same place?

Dan
Quement is long dead... another place for bits and pieces was Haltek off of Central Expressway and Lawrence, but they closed down probably a decade ago. Both they and Halted had a great inventory of parts and equipment - both gone now.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:05 PM   #146
seadog
Veteran

Contributor +++++++ 1%

Motorcycles: F650, Shiver, RSV4, ST3, Daytona 675, Wee Strom, VFR
Name: Kurt
Al Lasher's on University in Berkeley. http://allashers.com
But they have weird Covid hours. Like 10 to 3 Wednesday through Saturday or something like that. And the sign on the door says to check their Bookface page for the latest operating hours. Or just call them.
seadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:11 PM   #147
WoodsChick
I Don't Do GPS

AMA #: 489282
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
D36 - #103Y

Motorcycles: GasGas EP280, CR125, Husky WR165, 2 SM610's, 2 TR650's, FZR400/600, GSXR750, SV650, Plated KTM 450
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
Al Lasher's on University in Berkeley. http://allashers.com
But they have weird Covid hours. Like 10 to 3 Wednesday through Saturday or something like that. And the sign on the door says to check their Bookface page for the latest operating hours. Or just call them.
After 60 years in business their last day was December 31st
Great family-run store...they had everything.

Mom 1/23/2008
Dad 2/12/2017
WoodsChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:40 PM   #148
KooLaid
Hippocritapotamus

Motorcycles: 2020 300 XC-W TPI
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBusa View Post
Sorry you didn't see the issue with a white collar/non violent offense and multiple people pointing guns at people as reported.
Fight or flight. People have done some STUPID things when they panic whether they've done something wrong or not.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:42 AM   #149
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor+++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++ ++++++3%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsChick View Post
After 60 years in business their last day was December 31st
Great family-run store...they had everything.
We still have electronics plus in San Rafael. They own their building so plan to stick around for a long long time.
Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoyf View Post
DMV test is not there to teach or prove you can ride the bike, it is there to prove that you can control the bike.
HOHO
Melissa"everyone does have issues, it is what makes us all so very interesting. Psychoanalysis however could be left to the professionals."
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:47 PM   #150
BillSmith
Mild Hawg

Motorcycles: HD 2011 FXDF Dyna Fat Bob
Name: Bill
Quote:
I'll present that those who serve warrants for a living know far more about serving warrants.

Maybe. I could relate some epic failures by paid professionals. One such,

Big drug bust scheduled in East Palo Alto, circa 1970s. Multiple residences to be hit simultaneously. As the phalanx of officers went knocking, all they found were wives, girlfriends, babysitters and kids. No perps at home. None. Why?

Al Green was playing at the Circle Star. Brilliant scheduling by the District Attorney. Oops!
Sometimes a bike is just a bike.
BillSmith is offline   Reply With Quote