Notices

Old 01-13-2021, 10:09 PM   #136
Yakoo752
USN

AMA # 3164290
Contributor ++++++++++ 2%

Motorcycles: M900
Name: Mateusz

I think most are going to locations in CA that have significant impact to the hospital/health system.
Cygnus 12.02.10
Yakoo752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:31 PM   #137
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys 1000LT, Prior: Honda 600RR Graffiti, Kawi 650R
Name: D
I'm still waiting for mine. I had to go to a house today where supposedly everyone had covid. I didn't go inside, but still had outdoor contact. The state needs to take care of first responders. We are getting exposed a lot.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:35 AM   #138
afm199
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++3%

Motorcycles: Yamasuzhonaki 1450
Name: Mikezebub
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
I'm still waiting for mine. I had to go to a house today where supposedly everyone had covid. I didn't go inside, but still had outdoor contact. The state needs to take care of first responders. We are getting exposed a lot.
Hey, as long as our "leaders" get it, we're good.

I'm in the old guy cohort, will get it (vaccine) soon. I'd rather it went to first responders, all medical personnel, anyone working in public, and maybe politicians after the twenty year olds get it.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:22 AM   #139
ctwo
Merely Rhetorical

Respectful Contributor

Motorcycles: motato
Name: Heyou
I'm a little off about that.

Is it proven that a vaccine prevents contagion?
Is it proven that previous infection does not provide protection or prevents contagion?
Is it proven that vaccinating those with previous sars-cov-2 experience provides additional protection or contagion?

Would our society be better off if we vaccinated people without sars-cov-2 experience before those who have already been infected?
Old 01-14-2021, 08:30 AM   #140
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
My understanding is that the vaccine prevents the virus from getting access to cells which means that it is blocked from reproducing and it's the produced virus organisms that shed and infecting others.

Perhaps DR SLO can correct my understanding.

This country is suffering from the equivalent of stage 3 cancer, it's probably not dissimilar to what happened in Germany in the 30's.

Northern and Central Cal Motorcycle incidents: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents.

Graph and Table I built for seeing state Covid19 data:
Covid19 Visualization graph and table. **NOTE** Using John Hopkins data data, shows State, Country & County data.
Climber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:57 AM   #141
ctwo
Merely Rhetorical

Respectful Contributor

Motorcycles: motato
Name: Heyou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber View Post
My understanding is that the vaccine prevents the virus from getting access to cells which means that it is blocked from reproducing and it's the produced virus organisms that shed and infecting others.

If you say that then vaccinated people need not wear a mask.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:21 AM   #142
bikeama
Super Moderator

AMA #: 1097
BARF Moderator
Contributor + 3%

Motorcycles: 2020 BMW S1000XR Lowride.
Name: Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
The grocery clerk is in contact all day long. With 70% of the vaccine in CA in storage, it is time to get started giving shots.

Just a frustrated old man. who wants a shot.
My 38-year-old daughter gets her shot tomorrow in Texas.
bikeama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:24 AM   #143
Yakoo752
USN

AMA # 3164290

The difference between +75 and +65 patient population size for just 1 Health System in CA is 2.5M patients.

Just to put it in perspective.
Cygnus 12.02.10
Old 01-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #144
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwo View Post
Probably true.
However, how do you know who has been vaccinated?
Too many selfish people out there who will pretend they have been while not.
Human nature.

This country is suffering from the equivalent of stage 3 cancer, it's probably not dissimilar to what happened in Germany in the 30's.

Northern and Central Cal Motorcycle incidents: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents.

Graph and Table I built for seeing state Covid19 data:
Covid19 Visualization graph and table. **NOTE** Using John Hopkins data data, shows State, Country & County data.
Climber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:19 AM   #145
Yakoo752
USN

AMA # 3164290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwo View Post
My understanding is it would prevent the virus from replicating within your system. That doesn't mean you don't have live viral particle in your respiratory tract.
Cygnus 12.02.10
Old 01-14-2021, 10:24 AM   #146
Abacinator
Unholy Blasphemies

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: 1997 Triumph Tiger 885 "The Tank"
Name: Chris
Contra costa is now signing up people 65 and older and those with health conditions
Abacinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:25 AM   #147
Abacinator
Unholy Blasphemies

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: 1997 Triumph Tiger 885 "The Tank"
Name: Chris
Contra costa is now signing up people 65 and older and those with health conditions
Abacinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:55 AM   #148
GAJ
Veteran

Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakoo752 View Post
State has opened vaccines up to +65 age group.

Neither Kaiser nor Sutter have the quantity to offer at this time.
Kaiser has oddly been silent on their near daily e'mail updates in terms of THEIR role.

They simply parrot the State line but unlike CVS et al are not saying "we are setting up vaccine stations" etc.

For the flu shot they rapidly set up Drive Through stations and let everyone know about it.
GAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:49 AM   #149
brichter
Spun out freakshow

AMA #: 1108554
Contributor +++++++++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Fast & Dirty!
Name: ID Thief!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAJ View Post
Kaiser has oddly been silent on their near daily e'mail updates in terms of THEIR role.

They simply parrot the State line but unlike CVS et al are not saying "we are setting up vaccine stations" etc.

For the flu shot they rapidly set up Drive Through stations and let everyone know about it.
they sent this Tuesday:

Quote:
Important information:

COVID-19 vaccine — While vaccines are currently in limited supply, we’re expecting supplies to increase so that all adults in the United States can get vaccinated by late 2021. Here’s where we currently are with the distribution process:

Phased approach — Federal health officials are using a phased approach to prioritize general groups of people eligible to receive the vaccine. Phase 1a includes health care workers and residents of long-term care facilities. The next group in Phase 1b includes people 75 and older and essential front-line workers, such as teachers, firefighters, and grocery store employees.

State guidelines — States will use these federal recommendations to make their own decisions about which groups of people to include in the next phases.

Limited supply — Due to limited supply, not everyone who’s eligible will be able to make an appointment right away. We’re acting as quickly as we can to provide the vaccine safely to those who are eligible as supply allows.

The groups and timing for each phase may be different in different states, and this information may change frequently. Visit kp.org/covidvaccine for the latest info on state vaccine priorities and how to get a vaccine when you meet your state’s criteria. You can also call our 24/7 recorded message hotline at 1‑855‑550‑0951 (available in English and Spanish) for regular updates.

We need your help to stop the spread — With COVID-19 cases surging across the country, no one can let their guard down, and everyone has a role to play in stopping the spread. Please continue to wear a mask, wash your hands, stay 6 feet apart, and don’t share your air.

Didn’t get a flu shot? Here’s why it’s important to get one — If you’ve ever had the flu, you know how miserable it can be. Symptoms can include fever, body aches, sore throat, and cough, and in severe cases, people with the flu can end up in the hospital. With COVID-19 cases surging and hospital resources stretched thin, protecting your health is more important than ever. Get your flu shot today.
So, they don't state they are not setting up drive through lines, they state they are making appointments for all those who qualify for the vaccine at this time. By the way, CVS is using appointments also, even though they are setting up drive through lines.

My flu shot through Kaiser was appointment only, but at a drive through line.

Originally posted by Cruisingram
You know, in Alaska, you don't lose your woman, you lose your turn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
it doesn't matter whose fault it was when you're lying in the graveyard.

Last edited by brichter; 01-14-2021 at 11:50 AM..
brichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:28 PM   #150
GAJ
Veteran

Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter View Post

My flu shot through Kaiser was appointment only, but at a drive through line.
I didn't need an appt. for my drive up Kaiser Flu shot.

This was buried in your link so I "assume" we will be contacted when our turn comes up.

"We’re acting as quickly as we can to provide the vaccine safely to those who are eligible as supply allows."
GAJ is offline   Reply With Quote