Contributor + + +

Motorcycles: Honda 919: Apocalypse Edition
Name: Asmodeus
CANCER

Fuck Cancer.

Friendly neighborhood reminder that, "Fuck Cancer," means, "FUCK. CANCER."

Have a nice day.

:|

"I approve of any development that makes it more difficult for governments and criminals to monopolize the use of force. ~Eric S. Raymond
Eldritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:55 PM   #2
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
Does not make me feel good. Hope all is good El Dirty.
1Rider introduction on KFOG
Bone heads and bikers podcasts
Racism and RIP threads on Barf - FYI
Barf is more than a dub dub dub dealio
Godspeed Mom Pit Ho Godspeed Nicky #69 Hoho
AMA #203453
Need a BARF sticker or other stuff..PM me.
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:59 PM   #3
Holeshot
Super Moderator

Barf Racer
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Yup. and fuck Covid. Why? Can you imagine if we put $1.9T into Cancer research?
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".

AFM #6 2020
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:06 PM   #4
HappyHighwayman
Warning: Do Not Engage

Contributor + +

Motorcycles: Rad Rover
Name: Jordan
My mom died ~14 years ago on Cinco de Mayo from it

"Love is that feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle"
- Hunter S. Thompson
HappyHighwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:25 PM   #5
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys 1000LT, Prior: Honda 600RR Graffiti, Kawi 650R
Name: D
I hope all is well Eldritch.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:36 PM   #6
GAJ
Veteran

Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
My wife had successful chemo etc. for breast cancer ending earlier this year but to get the "C" diagnosis is horrific.

Have a friend with terminal bone marrow cancer but his doc says that with transfusion therapy he should die of "normal" old age as he is in his late 70s.

He is exhausted all the time though and he was a nonstop kind of guy with many acres in the Dry Creek Valley that he had to sell and move into town.
GAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:45 PM   #7
Eldritch
is insensitive

Top Percent Poster
Contributor + + +

Thanks guys. Grandma is run right god damned through with it apparently. It is everywhere. She is 89, so she had a good run, not like some crazy tragedy or whatever, but still.

I moved out of the City about 10 years ago to live closer to family and help my mom and sister take care of our olds, but he is so far gone we put him in a home about 2 years ago for 24 hour care and he went into hospice a couple months ago, and now with this cancer deal for grandma, I reckon my tour of duty is just about done here now.

Figure a lot of us could use a good old FUCK CANCER thread for a bit of perspective. Everybody that has some left, call your olds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
Does not make me feel good. Hope all is good El Dirty.
It should, unless you got some. Call your damn kids and yell at 'em about something useful. How cool is it that they are alive still? Feel good about your people you have. Be grateful. I mean, that is what I do when I see loss, I see a screaming shit ton of loss in my line of work, it just reminds me to be grateful for my people I do have. Remenids me to call my sister and remind her that her boyfriend is an idiot and we should all get a drink soon.

So much shit I post on here is about telling people to simmer the fuck down about their petty bitching about imperfections in society and the world. So much of the time people spend bitching online they could be calling their damn aggravating dad, telling their grandma to stop being so damn racist, smacking their kids for being on a tiktok or whatever the fuck kids do today, look after your people, people.

Be grateful for it, they won't always be here and neither will we.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAJ View Post
My wife had successful chemo etc. for breast cancer ending earlier this year but to get the "C" diagnosis is horrific.

Have a friend with terminal bone marrow cancer but his doc says that with transfusion therapy he should die of "normal" old age as he is in his late 70s.

He is exhausted all the time though and he was a nonstop kind of guy with many acres in the Dry Creek Valley that he had to sell and move into town.
Real good news about your wife. The alternative is unimaginable. You oughta go slap her on the ass and say something dirty to her or do whatever good husband shit you do for you guys. How cool is it that she is still alive? Pretty fucking cool, right?

"I approve of any development that makes it more difficult for governments and criminals to monopolize the use of force. ~Eric S. Raymond

Last edited by Eldritch; 04-27-2021 at 01:59 PM..
Old 04-27-2021, 02:17 PM   #8
DucatiHoney

AMA #: 1028914
BARF Admin
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 1994 M900 Ducati
Name: Heather
Sorry to hear about your bad news. Been there, done that with the grandparents. Best of luck... happy to talk over PMs if you want.

s h e l t e r w e r k architecture.design
live::::work::::motorcycles
DucatiHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:23 PM   #9
Jammer
Rookie

Motorcycles: FJR1300
Name:
Cancer is a killer, with one in three having it during their lifetime. Both parents died of colon cancer.
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:32 PM   #10
Holeshot
Super Moderator

Barf Racer
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Great message Elditty. so sorry to read about your loved ones. Full, long lives gives some satisfaction though. It's the most any one of us can ask for...and to have loved ones around at the end? The cream to life.

Last year around this time Cancer took my dad from us too. If ever the saying "be good to people. Everyone is fighting an internal battle" applied, it did then. It's really hard to not get angry and lash out, especially here with the way people treat each other.

There's so much to learn about oneself from being attacked online while your loved one struggles to stay alive and ultimately, lost that fight.

Fuck cancer and forgiveness for all those who didn't know any of that internal battle. Everyone is fighting some sort of battle.
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".

AFM #6 2020

Last edited by Holeshot; 04-27-2021 at 02:33 PM..
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:45 PM   #11
GPzPop
Ask me about my B-1-D

AMA #3295113
Contributor ++ 2%

Motorcycles: zzr & xsr
Name: Simon
mom is battling, and has run a course of chemo, and is officially in remission.
Hodgkin's lymphoma
she's got some of her hair back, too.

FUCK CANCER !
GPzPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:02 PM   #12
Eldritch
is insensitive

Top Percent Poster
Contributor + + +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
Cancer is a killer, with one in three having it during their lifetime. Both parents died of colon cancer.
That's rough, Hoss. Fuck Cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
Great message Elditty. so sorry to read about your loved ones. Full, long lives gives some satisfaction though. It's the most any one of us can ask for...and to have loved ones around at the end? The cream to life.

Last year around this time Cancer took my dad from us too. If ever the saying "be good to people. Everyone is fighting an internal battle" applied, it did then. It's really hard to not get angry and lash out, especially here with the way people treat each other.

There's so much to learn about oneself from being attacked online while your loved one struggles to stay alive and ultimately, lost that fight.

Fuck cancer and forgiveness for all those who didn't know any of that internal battle. Everyone is fighting some sort of battle.
Sorry about your Pops, mine rolled a semi tractor about 11 years ago, that is a tough one for sure. Fuck that cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPzPop View Post
mom is battling, and has run a course of chemo, and is officially in remission.
Hodgkin's lymphoma
she's got some of her hair back, too.

FUCK CANCER !
That remission is good news. Good for you! Just Fuck That CANCER NOISE, man.

We just found out today, I've been calling around the family to let them know while my mom took the old lady for some more medical stuff to ease the deal.

I reckon this would be a good opportunity to shout out a perspective message to all these folks in this community here to remember your people, reach out to them, be grateful, be grateful, don't let petty aggravation crawl up your ass. Reach out to your people and make them feel like your people.

I reckon my olds would like that.

Last edited by Eldritch; 04-27-2021 at 03:05 PM..
Old 04-27-2021, 03:21 PM   #13
tuxumino
purrfect

AMA #: 249288
Chief Beer Mooch
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: my butt on a duc
Name:
fuck cancer, watched 2 really good friends get take by it. It sucks
T.M.U. Local 510 Rabbit Deployment Farce
tuxumino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:33 PM   #14
billswim
Veteran

BARF sponsor
Barf Racing Crew
Mad Barf Racing Contributor!

Motorcycles: TZ250, Suzuki rgv 250, old harley chopper
Name:
Sorry you're dealing with this.

I have a very, very hateful relationship with cancer. Took both my parents, several friends, it came for me and Berto's dad was a good friend/mentor to me.

Fuck Cancer very, very much.

If you need to chat, lots of us are available. Reach out

http://www.easonauto.com
billswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:00 PM   #15
ejv
Untitled work in progress

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: Tuono
Name:
I feel the same about cancer. Mom's dad had it 3 times but he was a sailor in the Navy in Pacific from about 1939-1945 and had dealt with a lot worse shit over the years so he told cancer to fuck off 3 times and each time it did. Ultimately died of heart attack at 95 years old.

But it took 3 of my uncles, my Dad's mother, a childhood friend and some family friends. My dad retired a year ago, kidney failure last June and cancer since August. Got good news about a month ago that it was much better and he was phasing off chemo, but he has been back in the hospital since Thursday with a fever. Still getting blood transfusions (acute myeloid leukemia) but was off the meds for a bit and now they can't figure what's causing his fever. An aunt and my wife have both had cancer too but are clear as of now.

I've lost coworkers to it too. I'm sick of it. FUCK CANCER.

GoldenStateMoto.com
ejv is offline   Reply With Quote