Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Racers Corner

Old 02-13-2019, 08:19 PM   #46
892kawi

Motorcycles: 636 Kawasaki
Name: Jesse
Don't forget about the 60 Bucks for transponder rental or the 500 or so to buy one
892kawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:02 PM   #47
rjbrittain11
923 Track Junkie

Motorcycles: 2010 KTM 690 SMC - Street, 09 R6 - Track
Name: Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
Around the early 2000's, we had a member who crashed his bike in T10 (sonoma) and flipped it onto the highway on the other side of the track. CHP came out because it was a "road accident" at that point and the rider went out to convince the CHP to let him take his bike back to the paddock. The rider, as it turns out, was a CHP as well.

As luck would have it, the CHP checked the VIN and found out the bike had been reported stolen (insurance fraud). Guy lost his job with the CHP and left the club...
One of the best "Stolen bike" stories I've heard.
What about the dude at Sonoma a few years ago that got his bike repo’ed at the race round cause he failed to make the payments.
rjbrittain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:27 PM   #48
Mechanikrazy
The Newb of Newbs

Motorcycles: Are fun.
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbrittain11 View Post
What about the dude at Sonoma a few years ago that got his bike repo’ed at the race round cause he failed to make the payments.
How are there no best of barf threads for these?!
Old 02-14-2019, 08:51 AM   #49
eeeeek
Freelance Superhero

Motorcycles: Various
Name: Vik
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob11379 View Post
Race fees and Saturday practice are essentially the same thing as paying for a track day?

Is Saturday practice just riding an A group track day?
The only thing A group at a track day and Saturday Practice share is that they are both at the track. A group has street bikes, people who should be in B and a track day environment. Saturday Practice is 100% licensed racers on race bikes practicing for races. The attitude is different and the intensity is much higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch Box View Post
In the end, I figure that it just doesn't make sense to get offended for others.
eeeeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #50
Holeshot
Super Moderator

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor / Barf Racer
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbrittain11 View Post
I laughed...HARD! Thanks Rob! That guy STILL drops my name around FB when he's feeling punchy about the AFM. That was one of the funnier "Oh-My-GOD" moments in the AFM...two big dudes from Oakland Repo'ing this guys bike, getting in a shouting match/ altercation and the CHP happening to be there on site (Sonoma) due to their recruitment booth being at our event. Things escalate and someone ends up in the back of the Chippie's cruiser...

Epic stuff, really.

And then there's the one time a guy started and raced Afemme until he was black flagged half way through the race. Apparently he was black flagged due to having "illegal" mods on his rider...
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".

Last edited by Holeshot; 02-14-2019 at 02:07 PM..
Holeshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #51
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

AMA #: 3283336
Contributor ++

Motorcycles: S1000RR, FZ09, SV650, YZ250
Name: Chris
Quote:
And then there's the one time a guy started and raced Afemme until he was black flagged half way through the race. Apparently he was black flagged due to having "illegal" mods on his rider...
Smash Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:46 PM   #52
Biga
Near Miss Racing #96

Motorcycles: 250 Ninja "A" R3 600 GSXR TS 185 150 Scooter 97cc D. Bug
Name: Rod
CMRA race season is about to start this weekend.
I have not even left town yet but with truck, RV and Pit bike maintenance, I'm already
$875 in the hole, and that's doing all the work myself...

Thank God the tires for the first round are free from contingency pay out last year.

Truck oil change $120
Truck fuel $60 per tank
Tensioner belt, the serpentine belt and the idle pulley $125
RV fresh water tank repair $100
15 gallons of gas for the Pit bike and generators $30
Food and drinks for 3 days $150
3 cans of VP fuel $240
Pit bike new rear tire $50 + oil change.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:22 PM   #53
jbawden
Rookie

Motorcycles: Suzuki's, KTM, a Beta!
Name: Jon
Quote:
I laughed...HARD! Thanks Rob! That guy STILL drops my name around FB when he's feeling punchy about the AFM. That was one of the funnier "Oh-My-GOD" moments in the AFM...two big dudes from Oakland Repo'ing this guys bike, getting in a shouting match/ altercation and the CHP happening to be there on site (Sonoma) due to their recruitment booth being at our event. Things escalate and someone ends up in the back of the Chippie's cruiser...

Epic stuff, really.

I remember him removing the wheels thinking these dudes couldn't move the bike without them, but I think they were ready to pick it up and carry it with him on it when Poncherello came over.

Last edited by jbawden; 02-14-2019 at 05:23 PM..
jbawden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:27 PM   #54
Holeshot
Super Moderator

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor / Barf Racer

...He purposely pulled the stands to it was a hover bike on the ground, IIRC.

Best. Weekend. EVER.
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".
Old 02-15-2019, 07:26 AM   #55
jacob11379
jacob11379

Motorcycles: Track 05 GSXR1000, Track 13 ZX10R, Street 07 R1
Name: jacob
I dont know but if you are not paying bills in order to pay for racing you might have a problem. Just a thought.....

Getting your shit repo'd at the track is honestly pretty hilarious and humiliating.
jacob11379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:17 PM   #56
Holeshot
Super Moderator

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor / Barf Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob11379 View Post
I dont know but if you are not paying bills in order to pay for racing you might have a problem. Just a thought.....

Getting your shit repo'd at the track is honestly pretty hilarious and humiliating.
There is a lot more to the story, but not for public consumption...