Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Dirty BARFing

Old 01-25-2019, 04:05 PM   #76
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Motorcycles: '18 Scorpa 300, '14 Gas Gas xc300r, '93 KTM 550 MXC, 2014 500 EXC
Name:
Wow....State gives Connally ranch an easement through its property in 1990 so they can still have road access to their land but says they can "cross" that easement at a couple of given spots agreed to by both parties.
That concrete slab on the road to the MX track is the spillway...and was put in by the landowner that the State bought the park from (not even by the Connallys).
The Conallays got the injunction against the State to close the spillway because the public was allowed by Parks to use the spillway and now it is in disrepair which threatens the livelyhood of the ranch.

They're given legal access to the State's property to use and are now trying to block the State from access to that property because the spillway is falling apart even though its maintenance is specifically NOT in the hands of Parks.

It is completely OK for the State to make its own spillway for everyone to use to gain access to the East end of the park but that costs $500k. And those fookers want the state to pay $260 for damages to the spillway that was existing when they got the easement even though they never paid a dime for it....Talk about privilege, jesus what a bunch of crap.

I wonder if a go fund me campaign to get new spillway would make this go away....not like I have $500k for this.

Read the info that Brewster posted if your eyes can deal with it (thanks Brewster and CORVA); the amount of posturing by Connally makes that spillway seem like a tenuous web they are hanging on for dear life....no wonder people dislike lawyers...

Last edited by elemetal; 01-25-2019 at 04:07 PM..
elemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:06 PM   #77
gixxerjeff
I hate quads

Motorcycles: Some fast ones and some dirty ones.
Name: Derp
We're in to February......any new news?

Time may be an excellent teacher but it kills all of it's students.

Rich Cox
Nicky
I miss you Rich.
gixxerjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:42 PM   #78
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: ‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM503 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406
Name: Butch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjeff View Post
We're in to February......any new news?
I think State Parks is going to build an additional creek crossing. Surely this is the environmentally responsible thing that conscientious folks like that Celeste want.

It will probably take six months and a bunch of taxpayer $$$ that Celeste is counting on.

Wasting taypayer money, as best she can.

This is only my opinion, and does not necessarily reflect BARF management or its contributors, affiliates or associated poseurs.

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!

Last edited by Butch; 02-06-2019 at 07:36 AM..
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:36 AM   #79
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
Quote:
I think State Parks is going to build an additional creek crossing.
Quote:
It will probably take six months
I was out yesterday and talked to Jeremy some about it. He was hopeful but not sure that the new bridge would be in before our November event. They already have a design etc. Was going to take a picture of the "creek " after an 1" of rain; saw a couple of puddles and that was it; no moving water at all.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:47 AM   #80
gixxerjeff
I hate quads

Steps in the right direction.
Thanks guys.

Rich Cox
Nicky
I miss you Rich.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:59 AM   #81
KWeezyXB12
SKRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!!

Motorcycles: 2002 yz 250
Name: Kyle
Why would an easment cost 500k? I feel like there are plenty of ways to build an environmentally friendly easment for wayyyy less.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:17 AM   #82
gixxerjeff
I hate quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWeezyXB12 View Post
Why would an easment cost 500k? I feel like there are plenty of ways to build an environmentally friendly easment for wayyyy less.
Studies, lawyers, other bullshit....

Rich Cox
Nicky
I miss you Rich.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:47 PM   #83
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
The easement is for the Connallys not the State; State granted the easement to them when it bought the property....

The existing spillway is part of the easement hence their suing to stop the public from using it. What Parks has to do is build another crossing so the public doesn't use the existing one (probably right next to it). It is a very simple structure but needs to be able to support earth moving equipment and go through engineering and environmental review.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:00 PM   #84
KWeezyXB12
SKRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!!

Motorcycles: 2002 yz 250
Name: Kyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemetal View Post
The easement is for the Connallys not the State; State granted the easement to them when it bought the property....

The existing spillway is part of the easement hence their suing to stop the public from using it. What Parks has to do is build another crossing so the public doesn't use the existing one (probably right next to it). It is a very simple structure but needs to be able to support earth moving equipment and go through engineering and environmental review.
not true. if its a stream or river its public land below the high water mark. unless they own the whole thing across that means they have to own the land too. which it doesnt sound like they purchased the land the easement sits on. they were granted access to build an easement and use it

Last edited by KWeezyXB12; 02-05-2019 at 10:03 PM..
KWeezyXB12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:00 AM   #85
elemetal
3 pings and a zing

Contributor +

Name:
Read the court docs and what I wrote. They didn't build the spillway and an easement is a legal agreement to be allowed to use land that isn't yours, not something you build....

Last edited by elemetal; 02-06-2019 at 06:07 AM..
Old 02-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #86
1962siia
Veteran

AMA #: 424261
Contributor + + + + + 3%

Motorcycles: xr100 450EXC Montesa Cota 315r Aermacchi/HD Sprint 250ss 950 ADV 200xcw
Name: Daniel
I'm surprised someone on the OHV side didn't see this coming before it happened. It seems to me that because the plaintiffs are lawyers and want OHV to go away, the OHV side needs to get this kind of thing right and air tight every time. I send money to CORVA, AMA, D36, but maybe its time to start going to meetings etc. They must have some lawyers who can solve this stuff and start finding other places to avoid future issues. $$$$$
Old 02-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #87
Brewster

Motorcycles: KLX300
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1962siia View Post
I'm surprised someone on the OHV side didn't see this coming before it happened. It seems to me that because the plaintiffs are lawyers and want OHV to go away, the OHV side needs to get this kind of thing right and air tight every time. I send money to CORVA, AMA, D36, but maybe its time to start going to meetings etc. They must have some lawyers who can solve this stuff and start finding other places to avoid future issues. $$$$$
The original easement agreement was in 1990, long before the feud between the Connolley ranch and the SVRA started. The SVRA has the state Attorney Generals office backing them...... our taxes at work.

Ride on
Brewster
CORVA
Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #88
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: ‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM503 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406
Name: Butch
Easement stuff from a CORVA guy:

What authority does the Connolly Ranch have to restrict usage of this road?

https://realestate.findlaw.com/land-...nt-basics.html
Easements at a Glance

An easement is a "nonpossessory" property interest that allows the holder of the easement to use property that he or she does not own or possess. An easement doesn't allow the easement holder to occupy the land or to exclude others from the land, unless they interfere with the easement holder's use. In contrast, the possessor of the land may continue to use the easement and may exclude everyone except the easement holder from the land.

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:08 PM   #89
Brewster

Motorcycles: KLX300
Name:
Parts of this thread are in a document submitted by the Connolly Ranch for the court case.

Ride on
Brewster
Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:50 PM   #90
byke
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: gas
Name: penorface
Good. Suck it, Mark. You entitled cattle ranchers have been acting like you own this country since it became a country and there's a reason why you're the bad guy in every western ever made. Generation after generation of uppity douchebags.