Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Sport Touring / Cruising

Old 01-12-2019, 08:32 AM   #16
bmwbob51
BMWBOB

Motorcycles: 2014 BMW 1200GS 74 Norton Commando
Name: Bob
you might want to check GPS Kevin
bmwbob51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:13 AM   #17
matty
Veteran

Contributor + 2%

Motorcycles: Sh!tbike and Rat hawk
Name: see above
155 is awesome, more technical than 178.

You could take 25 >198 (or Peachtree south to San Miguel) >Parkfield >41 > 229 > 58 (Carrizo plane) and then make your way east to Granite/Woody Rd to 155 which drop you into Kernville.

Or from 58 continue on to 33, there's a road that cuts through the Frazier Park that's a worthy detour to get to 33, but the name has changed and I can't recall what it's called now. And from there you could cut across and catch Angeles Crest.
Most of those roads are probably quite pretty and lush right now.
matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #18
Junkie
re-tarded

Contributor + 3%

Motorcycles: SV1000,WR450tards(03FS), YZ426tard,NC700X
Name: Daniel
Cerro Noroeste, now Hudson Ranch. I agree it's a great road.
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:53 PM   #19
RWMaverick

Motorcycles: 1992 Honda Nighthawk 750, 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Track Bike
Name: Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dravnx View Post
178 is definitely fun. You should also check out Bodfish Caliente Rd. It brings you into the south end of Lake Almanore.
Just looked up Bodfish on Twistypedia, that's a winner! I'll have to take different routes to Death Valley and back to ride all of the awesome roads in the area

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbob51 View Post
you might want to check GPS Kevin
Bookmarked for future reference, thank you! There are some incredible routes in there. So many trips, such little time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty View Post
155 is awesome, more technical than 178.

You could take 25 >198 (or Peachtree south to San Miguel) >Parkfield >41 > 229 > 58 (Carrizo plane) and then make your way east to Granite/Woody Rd to 155 which drop you into Kernville.

Or from 58 continue on to 33, there's a road that cuts through the Frazier Park that's a worthy detour to get to 33, but the name has changed and I can't recall what it's called now. And from there you could cut across and catch Angeles Crest.
Most of those roads are probably quite pretty and lush right now.
I do that route down to San Miguel/Parkfield area pretty often as a day trip on the weekends, it's great! 25 is such a relaxing road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Cerro Noroeste, now Hudson Ranch. I agree it's a great road.
Thank you for this suggestion, that looks awesome! I'm going to make a motocamping weekend out of this VERY soon
RWMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:05 AM   #20
NCGiant
null

AMA #3692923

Motorcycles: 18 Street Triple R
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRNelson View Post
If you go through Pahrump to Las Vegas you end up with zero freeway miles. And you get the bonus of driving on that one section of road where the Koenigsegg went 276.9 mph. (I hit 150 indicated on that road in 2003 in an S2000).
I hit 166 there in my Genesis, then got popped by a trooper on the decel going 120. Not a cheap ticket..
NCGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:04 PM   #21
newbiker
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2016 Ninja Zx6r
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGiant View Post
I hit 166 there in my Genesis, then got popped by a trooper on the decel going 120. Not a cheap ticket..
How much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWMaverick View Post
Just looked up Bodfish on Twistypedia, that's a winner! I'll have to take different routes to Death Valley and back to ride all of the awesome roads in the area
Last summer I drove to Vegas via Death Valley. Man, those roads are smoooooth, no traffice, isolated, and no issues (if you know what I mean). Took me 12 hrs to Vegas, but then I did a lot of sightseeing and stopping at the visitor's points. I told myself I'll be back in my Corvette doing the same trip.

On a bike, it would be heavenly.... Although I'd wanna go with a group of friends; it is pretty lonely there. And not sure what the gas station situation would be, will need to fill up at every gas station on the way due to long distances. Must have AAA, just in case....

Last edited by newbiker; 02-06-2019 at 12:05 PM..
newbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #22
RWMaverick

Motorcycles: 1992 Honda Nighthawk 750, 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Track Bike
Name: Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiker View Post
How much?

Last summer I drove to Vegas via Death Valley. Man, those roads are smoooooth, no traffice, isolated, and no issues (if you know what I mean). Took me 12 hrs to Vegas, but then I did a lot of sightseeing and stopping at the visitor's points. I told myself I'll be back in my Corvette doing the same trip.

On a bike, it would be heavenly.... Although I'd wanna go with a group of friends; it is pretty lonely there. And not sure what the gas station situation would be, will need to fill up at every gas station on the way due to long distances. Must have AAA, just in case....
The roads there are AWESOME, I was shocked when I passed through. Some of the most beautiful asphalt I've ever laid eyes on. I'm really excited to go back, because the only other time I visited I literally just passed through without seeing anything.

I'm pretty careful about gas! There are a good number of places, but I'm planning on filling up near Lake Isabella which should leave me with plenty of gas to reach Stovepipe Wells (skipping the Panamint Springs station since it's wicked expensive). I'll post my Google Maps route soon, I think I have it pretty much pinned down
RWMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:43 PM   #23
NCGiant
null

AMA #3692923

Motorcycles: 18 Street Triple R
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiker View Post
How much?
Lawyer to get it changed to non-moving was $150 and the reduced fine was like $450 or so. Had to do traffic school too for another like $50.
NCGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:40 AM   #24
qwkdime

Motorcycles: zx-14
Name:
similar question

this coming june a small group of us are looking to do our first multi day ride, we are all on sport bikes and would love some route ideas.
the plan is to head out mid day friday, come home sunday. leaving from the walnut creek area, we are open to going any direction. can you guys give me some ideas on some fun routes for sport bikes?
qwkdime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #25
dravnx
Veteran

AMA #3018349
Contributor +++++++
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: '12 DL650A '15 FJR1300A
Name: Jeff
Do you want to go North, South or East?
It's simple math.
https://www.directavionics.com/
dravnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:08 AM   #26
qwkdime

Motorcycles: zx-14
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dravnx View Post
Do you want to go North, South or East?
as stated in post, we are open to going any direction. open to hearing options.
qwkdime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:55 PM   #27
ScottRNelson
Mr. Dual Sport Rider

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: Honda XR650L, KTM 1090 Adv R
Name: =Username
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwkdime View Post
this coming june a small group of us are looking to do our first multi day ride, we are all on sport bikes and would love some route ideas.
the plan is to head out mid day friday, come home sunday. leaving from the walnut creek area, we are open to going any direction. can you guys give me some ideas on some fun routes for sport bikes?
Once you get across the Central Valley (which can be a real drag), there are tons of great roads in the Sierras.

I posted a whole list a couple of years ago. Dig through this thread: https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/f...d.php?t=508745

This thread lists a few near Sacramento that might not be on the other list: https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/f...d.php?t=525049