Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Trackdays

Old 02-12-2019, 10:47 PM   #1
jacob11379
jacob11379

Motorcycles: Track 05 GSXR1000, Track 13 ZX10R, Street 07 R1
Name: jacob
Season Pass. who you ride with and why?

Just trying to get some feedback on what outfits people might prefer and why. Especially those buying season passes as im considering this.

But I am also interested in what outfits you might just ride with occasionally and if there is a reason why you might pick one over another.
jacob11379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:09 PM   #2
bambamb43
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2015 BMW S1000R,2002 kawasaki ZRX1200R, 1976 Suzuki GT 750, 2005 gixxer 1000 (Track)
Name: Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob11379 View Post
Just trying to get some feedback on what outfits people might prefer and why. Especially those buying season passes as im considering this.

But I am also interested in what outfits you might just ride with occasionally and if there is a reason why you might pick one over another.
I do season passes with Fun Track Dayz, this is my 3rd season with them, I've done track days with most of the local providers and even with a season pass with FTD I'll pick up a couple more track days from other providers, I've had good experience with Fun Track Dayz, great people and I think the most reasonably priced, they always have a raffle (i won a trackday) and they feed you great food for dinner if you're camping over, not uncommon to see Dave Moss or Ken Hill wondering arojnd, they also have some good vendors, I've really had good experience with all the providers , for now I'm happy with Augie , his family and staff, they are always friendly and helpful and they offer quite a few pass variables
bambamb43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:04 AM   #3
89fj
late braking

Contributor +

Motorcycles: yamaha FJ-09 S1000RR
Name: John
you just go for the free food
89fj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:58 PM   #4
bambamb43
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2015 BMW S1000R,2002 kawasaki ZRX1200R, 1976 Suzuki GT 750, 2005 gixxer 1000 (Track)
Name: Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89fj View Post
you just go for the free food
That's saying alot for a guy I've seen ride 300 miles for a free hot dog
And yes free food is a pretty good incentive !!!, FTD is adding to my girth and alcoholism

Last edited by bambamb43; 02-13-2019 at 10:04 PM..
bambamb43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:15 PM   #5
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

AMA #: 3283336
Contributor ++

Motorcycles: S1000RR, FZ09, SV650, YZ250
Name: Chris
Augie the owner of fun track Dayz sold me my bmw s1000rr in August of 2016 and I did a season pass with fun track Dayz and the track Horz who posted here in this thread, John and Bruce in 2017.

I would have done another season pass with fun track Dayz (you can’t beat 10 days of double groups for $1000) but I threw my hat into AFM instead, because I stopped getting faster just riding track days with those crusty old farts (they taught me how to ride on the street, on the track, and how to talk shit)

Now I’m trying to convince them to race with AFM so I can actually beat someone in the novice liter bike classes

It would be cool to be a control rider for fun track Dayz so I can keep an eye on my Horz but you probably need to be... in control... to do that just kidding I can ride for the group I’m in! Don’t blackball me Augie!!!

PTT and Carters are great outfits as well, I could just as easily have ridden season passes with them

The only ones I stay away from are... well actually if I don’t have anything nice to say I won’t say it!
Smash Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:40 AM   #6
89fj
late braking

Contributor +

sponsor me, Chris!
Old 02-14-2019, 07:57 AM   #7
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

AMA #: 3283336
Contributor ++

Motorcycles: S1000RR, FZ09, SV650, YZ250
Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89fj View Post
sponsor me, Chris!
Track Horz Racing LLC
Smash Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:31 AM   #8
jaybocc2
o lento

AMA #3692962

Motorcycles: 05 zx10r (street), 11 zx10r (track), 13 zx10r (race)
Name: Jay
I put 10 days a year in with FTD/K@TT/PTT, then a few here and there with Z2 and my group and I made the mistake of giving another provider $100 each (never again).

I say ride bunch with all of them.

Nowdays I hold a season pass with PTT, though if i could afford it I would do the same with C@TT as Jessie and CO top notch fellas.

Now that FTD/Augie has removed some toxicity from its staff, their days have gotten much better and they put on a great event as-well.

And throughout the season i ride with whoever has days that fit in, are affordable and provide the practice needed for AFM. And each org has their own fast guys, so you shouldn't worry about having good instructors to help push your limits.

You can't go wrong with any of the providers, but imo, aside from making friends with and liking the TDP staff, I recommend riding where your friends ride as that makes it a lot more fun as you can achieve near constant smack talk in the pits and also have some help if you need it.
AFM #705 | youtube | instagram | facebook

Please give some love to my 2019 Sponsors!
Daredevil Motorsports | Amsoil | SPYOptics | GoPro
jaybocc2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:25 PM   #9
jaybee59
Rookie

Motorcycles: Street, Dirt, Track Radical PR6 racecar
Name: Jorge
Augie is the BEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamb43 View Post
I do season passes with Fun Track Dayz, this is my 3rd season with them, I've done track days with most of the local providers and even with a season pass with FTD I'll pick up a couple more track days from other providers, I've had good experience with Fun Track Dayz, great people and I think the most reasonably priced, they always have a raffle (i won a trackday) and they feed you great food for dinner if you're camping over, not uncommon to see Dave Moss or Ken Hill wondering arojnd, they also have some good vendors, I've really had good experience with all the providers , for now I'm happy with Augie , his family and staff, they are always friendly and helpful and they offer quite a few pass variables
Augie is one of the nicest dood's you'll find. He's always willing to help and always has a smile on his face! His prices are great! I upgraded to his VIP pass last year...It is awesome not having to wait in the tech line and the special "1st on track" at each session is the best! JMHO
Old 02-15-2019, 11:26 AM   #10
Honey Badger
...iz a girl

BARF Moderator: Racers Corner BARF Racer
1% Contributor
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: 2017 ZX10R (race); 2016 ZX10R (street); 1978 CB750-4
Name: AJ
I'm biased being a PTT staff member, but that being said, I've ridden with PTT, Z2, and Carters aka Keigwins and a few times a year at least will attend a trackday just to ride. All three are solid groups with solid, very experienced riders and instructors. Each group is a little different to ride with, I'd suggest attending a day with each before deciding.

I haven't ridden with FTD, but wouldn't be opposed if I was just wanting some seat time.

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2019 sponsors and supporters!!
RiderzLaw; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; BARF Racing; MCTech; DareDevil Motorsports; Fast Franks Racing; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Chicken Hawk Racing; Skratch Labs

BARF TOS
Honey Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #11
FXCLM5
bombaclaud

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: Tuono V4, Grom
Name:
when i looked like in 17

i woulda gone with zz

they had the most infineon and laguna and most friday sat sunday dates

they seem to be the premier west cost td - best dates are theirs to pick first, like they got the Monday spot right after ama/motoamerica was at infineon for like the last 10+ years.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #12
89fj
late braking

Contributor +

I've attended with all of the above providers and have to say I've enjoyed them all. Can't wait for the season to start
Old 02-15-2019, 08:31 PM   #13
Gixxer343
slow as shit. No really

Contributor + + + +

Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200GS,07’ Gsxr 750, 82 CB900C project
Name: JC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXCLM5 View Post
when i looked like in 17

i woulda gone with zz

they had the most infineon and laguna and most friday sat sunday dates

they seem to be the premier west cost td - best dates are theirs to pick first, like they got the Monday spot right after ama/motoamerica was at infineon for like the last 10+ years.
Like I have never like ridden with z2 but they like seem to like have a good reputation like in the td world.
Gixxer343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:01 AM   #14
Hammerin'Hank
On a nail...

AMA #: 2809843
Barf Sponsored Racer
Founding Member
Contributor ++++ 3%

Motorcycles: Tuono V4, RC390, R1200GS
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybocc2 View Post
I put 10 days a year in with FTD/K@TT/PTT, then a few here and there with Z2 and my group and I made the mistake of giving another provider $100 each (never again).

I say ride bunch with all of them.

Nowdays I hold a season pass with PTT, though if i could afford it I would do the same with C@TT as Jessie and CO top notch fellas.

Now that FTD/Augie has removed some toxicity from its staff, their days have gotten much better and they put on a great event as-well.

And throughout the season i ride with whoever has days that fit in, are affordable and provide the practice needed for AFM. And each org has their own fast guys, so you shouldn't worry about having good instructors to help push your limits.

You can't go wrong with any of the providers, but imo, aside from making friends with and liking the TDP staff, I recommend riding where your friends ride as that makes it a lot more fun as you can achieve near constant smack talk in the pits and also have some help if you need it.
Hahaha you made the same mistake I did! Never again.
Hammerin'Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #15
MarktheShark
Gear head on 2 wheels

Motorcycles: 2004 Ex250, 2001 GSF1200s Suzuki Bandit Current: 2001 Sv650s
Name: Marco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash Allen View Post
Track Horz Racing LLC
OH hell yah! We should definitely start this bro. lol